Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2023 7:03:58 PM EDT
In canada it's been ruled that magazines for say 5rds of 50cal in ar platform are legit even if they fit 17 rounds of 5.56 and feed it reliably, because they are designed to hold 5rds

Can we do something similar in ban states?
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By casktcrw:

Can we do something similar in ban states?
View Quote

Sure. Buy normal cap mags, and then proceed to not give a flying fuck.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 7:24:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SigOwner_P229] [#2]
Originally Posted By casktcrw:
In canada it's been ruled
View Quote

By who? Canadian law? Canadian court precedent?

I doubt either of those will hold up.

If you have a large cal AR platform and get mags that hold X rounds of that caliber and never load 17 rounds of 5.56 into them you may not go to prison. But if you are caught at the range, or even at home, with mags loaded with 17 rounds in a ban state I wouldn't expect Canadian Courts to come save you in your state...
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 8:13:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought the incidentally canadian-made cross mag 10/10 i like it
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 6:36:11 PM EDT
[#4]
6.5 Grendel in 5.56 NATO mags?

Seems like it hasn't just been long since possible, but perhaps already done in certain ban state markets. But, I wouldn't know for sure as I've been in free country long ever since
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top