User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 12:22:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Man.... All y'all old timers in here.... Talking about Macon being good in the late '70s
to early 80's..... Maybe, just maybe a few parts of it IMO were ok...Even as a kid back
then I hated Macon....

The only saving grace Macon had back then was the Orange Julius at the Mall before
it started going downhill & Finchers BBQ .... Well, y'all probably liked Whiskey River too. But
to hell with Pio Nono Ave & the rest of that place.

Tobesofkee was nice for sure. But the rest of Macon sucked IMO. It went to 100%
sh*thole real quick. My mother worked at the big hospital there in the ER at nights
& it was like Grady Memorial in Atlanta because of the shootings going on.

sh*thole
View Quote
I spent many a night in the old Whiskey River. They moved into a big new bar right next door and the original became a hip-hop club.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 12:53:43 AM EDT
[#2]
AfricaMacon wins again.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 1:02:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
AfricaMacon wins again.
View Quote

population control so, a wash.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 1:41:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I knew a girl who was in that Playboy edition from Mercer. We had some good times together.
View Quote

Hell yeah brother!
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 2:35:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm as old as dirt, and as far back as I can remember it's ALWAYS been the same behavior with some "people". Never changes. Make excuses and look the other way, march with them and support them, give them everything they demand while you place them on a fucking pedestal, and things only keep getting worse.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/2/2021 2:56:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Macon is the kind of place you make sure you have enough fuel to get through and keep your doors locked.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 3:10:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Us locals stay  the hell out of Macoon...to bad the shitbags are moving south after turning Macoon into Chicago lite.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 5:14:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Macon has some great areas to visit. Twenty years ago it was a good place to go shopping or a quick get away on a Sunday  to have lunch.
Today Macon is like a mini Atlanta. Extremely vibrant.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 6:13:05 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Little Chicago. Every weekend. They’ve been having weekly anti violence meetings all summer. Elephant in the room.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 6:15:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I constantly get bombarded with job offers from a Mercedes dealer in Macon,telling me how nice and safe it is.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 6:17:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
As a rule I pass thru and avoid stopping
View Quote

As a rule I take the 475 bypass to avoid it when heading south.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 6:18:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Man.... All y'all old timers in here.... Talking about Macon being good in the late '70s
to early 80's..... Maybe, just maybe a few parts of it IMO were ok...Even as a kid back
then I hated Macon....

The only saving grace Macon had back then was the Orange Julius at the Mall before
it started going downhill & Finchers BBQ .... Well, y'all probably liked Whiskey River too. But
to hell with Pio Nono Ave & the rest of that place.

Tobesofkee was nice for sure. But the rest of Macon sucked IMO. It went to 100%
sh*thole real quick. My mother worked at the big hospital there in the ER at nights
& it was like Grady Memorial in Atlanta because of the shootings going on.

sh*thole
View Quote

Remember eating at Morrison’s and the Quails Nest? Good eating.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 6:22:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I constantly get bombarded with job offers from a Mercedes dealer in Macon,telling me how nice and safe it is.
View Quote

North Macon is not that bad.
I was talking to a local LEO and we discussing his carry gun. He said he carried a Glock, but when he went to Macon, his AR15 was in the front seat.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 6:42:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Local guy here, at least until I can retire.  

Macon-Bibb is up to 37 homocides this year, I think.  3 over the weekend, including this one.  Technically, one was shot Thursday night, but expired Saturday.  

Per capita, Macon is as violent as Baltimore.  Chicago gets the press, but Baltimore is worse.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 7:18:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Southeastern?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I almost signed on with a flight school there back in 2001. One look at their airplanes and the surrounding area and I said nope. Good thing too, the flight school had a fatal crash and soon went out of business.

Southeastern?

Yes, that was it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 7:26:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Macodishu
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 8:40:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

If it was safe, they wouldn't have even thought to mention it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:49:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Remember eating at Morrison’s and the Quails Nest? Good eating.
View Quote

And Nu-Way, Shakey's on Riverside, picking up MILFs at the Sand Trap (Clap Trap) Lounge at Idle Hour golf course.

The State Fair was a trip. Lot's of hippy freaks in the early 70's. Just watching the people was as fun as the fair rides.

I still have family who moved south of Macon and I went to Ocmulgee Brew Pub in downtown Macon on a weekday for lunch. It was actually pretty decent.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:51:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

And Nu-Way, Shakey's on Riverside, picking up MILFs at the Sand Trap (Clap Trap) Lounge at Idle Hour golf course.

The State Fair was a trip. Lot's of hippy freaks in the early 70's. Just watching the people was as fun as the fair rides.

I still have family who moved south of Macon and I went to Ocmulgee Brew Pub in downtown Macon on a weekday for lunch. It was actually pretty decent.
View Quote

OBP and Piedmont are both good, but I stay out of downtown after about 7-8.

They had a double murder on Cherry Street outside of a bar about 2 weeks ago.  Same MO and group of people...got in a fight, started shooting.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:52:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Roman gladiator?
View Quote

a gladiator what's that some kind of happy cannibal?
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:53:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

A very vibrant name if I ever heard one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quentavious...

A very vibrant name if I ever heard one.

Isn’t it Roman?

Like Augustus, Octavius, Caius, Brutus, Cassius, etc.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:13:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quentavious...
View Quote

@OhioEd

https://www.names.org/n/quentavious/about

Fun Facts about the name Quentavious

Random Quentavious Factoid:

According to the 2009 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Quentavious is not a popular baby boy's name in Georgia. Imagine that, only 5 babies in Georgia have the same name in 2009.

Weird things about the name Quentavious:

The name spelled backwards is Suoivatneuq. A random rearrangement of the letters in the name (anagram) will give Naivustqoeu. How do you pronounce that?
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 12:33:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Alas, yet another noble Roman citizen of the empire succumbs to the scourge of the unlawful. How many more shall perish anon?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Newest update is the 17 year old and two friends were attacking another man. 17 year old was shot with his own gun.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:10:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Newest update is the 17 year old and two friends were attacking another man. 17 year old was shot with his own gun.
View Quote

Did he Glock-leg himself, or did he mess with the wrong homie?  
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Learned to fly at Herbert Smart Airport in 1976 and took my check ride there. Lot’s of very fond memories.
View Quote

Used to fly 182's for Ga Forestry. Flew into Macon downtown a few times dropping off and picking up airplanes.

A buddy of mine owned a small far outside of Macon and I spent some time there helping him clear the place around mid 1980's I think. Didn;t seem like a bad place then but I lived in north GA so other than driving through I didn't ever know much about downtown Macon.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:20:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Story is he got two in the chest. Apparently he failed to social distance while brandishing his problem solver and got all his problems solved for him.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Was it white supremacy??!
View Quote

It was almost 100% certainly black on black crime, so OF COURSE it was white supremacy.  Foolish of you to even ask.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 2:11:10 PM EDT
[#29]
All the local leadership is bemoaning that this happened, even with all their violence prevention programs (slush funds to be funneled into pockets).

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top