Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2018 8:42:11 AM EDT
I was using my mach3 controlled plasma torch recently and it had a weird error like it skipped a line, or lines, of code.  This was was using a proven program and layout, so I think it has to be in the controller somewhere.

I cut the profile once, adjusted to make the same cut again and this time it lost track and scrapped my part.  The profile on top is accurate and was actually the 3rd one i cut.  The messed up profile is on the bottom edge of the sheet.  To me it looks like it missed a linear travel command and lost position.

What do you guys think?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 5:04:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Any electrical issues or storms in the area? I had a Burny control on an oxy-fuel table that would lose its place if there was a hiccup in the power, a software update sort of fixed it. The update made it stop traveling but a dwell would usually scrap the part or require welding.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like it either lost steps or the step calibration is off between cuts.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:00:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like it either lost steps or the step calibration is off between cuts.
View Quote
I gotta go with lost steps or missed code.  I re-zero'd and ran the exact same code immediately following and it cut perfectly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top