Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2022 8:52:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SgtMunger]
I have one of these that is very near and dear to me as its one of the only things I have left from a family member that meant very much to me as I grew up. There is very light corrosion on the barrel and tube mag, no pitting, but I dont want to just just oil it up and call it a day. I remember when I was about 7 and showing him my Winchester .22 bolt action, with 5rd mag and, not knowing Uncle David was a firearms guy, he showed me some of his weapons which included this rifle, with a its beautiful blue steel and optics, and pump action. Well I live in the $*^# state of CA and the chemicals involved in in blueing steel are no longer allowed, and cerakote doesnt have anything that is close enough to that effect, really. Anyone know what my next best option is? I'm picturing having to send it out of state to have someone break it down, blue it, then send it back to an FFL near me, and I'm fine with that but was looking to the community for best suggestions. Thanks, gents.

Sgt Munger
Semper Fi
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 8:59:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By SgtMunger:
I have one of these that is very near and dear to me as its one of the only things I have left from a family member that meant very much to me as I grew up. There is very light corrosion on the barrel and tube mag, no pitting, but I dont want to just just oil it up and call it a day. I remember when I was about 7 and showing him my Winchester .22 bolt action, with 5rd mag and, not knowing Uncle David was a firearms guy, he showed me some of his weapons which included this rifle, with a its beautiful blue steel and optics, and pump action. Well I live in the $*^# state of CA and the chemicals involved in in blueing steel are no longer allowed, and cerakote doesnt have anything that is close enough to that effect, really. Anyone know what my next best option is? I'm picturing having to send it out of state to have someone break it down, blue it, then send it back to an FFL near me, and I'm fine with that but was looking to the community for best suggestions. Thanks, gents.

Sgt Munger
Semper Fi
View Quote

Who told you that?
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 5:43:08 PM EDT
[#2]
A local armorer.
Another member told me this is the wrong area so I posted here https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Remington-FieldMaster-572-Steel-Blueing-Suggestions-Please-/5-2602459/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top