Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 3:39:28 PM EDT
[#1]
So it looks like these barrels have a few issues. On the fence about ordering one
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Been putting off a bore scope but I just ordered one for my ipad. Ill run it down my two and see how they look and post them here. Should arrive on Saturday.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 2:49:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Been putting off a bore scope but I just ordered one for my ipad. Ill run it down my two and see how they look and post them here. Should arrive on Saturday.
View Quote

Let us know how the barrel looks. I am interested to see how it looks after a significant round down the tube
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 3:06:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Did this thread get dumped in GD?
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 3:12:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 4:48:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Mennie Machine Company 14.5" SOCOM U.S. Government Contract Barrel Physical

shit, someone already posted -

Link Posted: 7/11/2020 1:22:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I keep going back and forth.  It seems like a good deal for an M4a1 clone on the cheap... hmmm.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 8:04:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Let us know how the barrel looks. I am interested to see how it looks after a significant round down the tube
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is one of them so far, getting familiar with focus and brightness.

IMG_1135 by Stuart Boyer, on Flickr
IMG_1133 by Stuart Boyer, on Flickr
IMG_1131 by Stuart Boyer, on Flickr
IMG_1137 by Stuart Boyer, on Flickr

VIDEO
IMG_1136 by Stuart Boyer, on Flickr

Second barrel is about the same and I just removed it from the wrapper and have not cleaned it.

Link Posted: 7/11/2020 9:09:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Let me know if you need a batter look at anything and Ill try to adjust bore scope settings.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 1:57:08 AM EDT
[#11]

The video looks good; it seems like your barrel is a hell of a lot better that the first video shown. Might have been a bad barrel
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 7:57:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The video looks good; it seems like your barrel is a hell of a lot better that the first video shown. Might have been a bad barrel
View Quote
Both of my barrels are exactly the same on the inside. I am cleaning them now with Wipeout foaming bore cleaner and will post updated pics. But yep that seems to be the case. Need to add  my two Colt SOCOM barrels for comparison.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 9:34:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.

Why?
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 10:13:31 PM EDT
[#14]
In case I missed it being brought up- be sure to watch your credit card statement or bank account for the debit card you used for DTT... I had my card compromised after using it to order from them.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:40:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
In case I missed it being brought up- be sure to watch your credit card statement or bank account for the debit card you used for DTT... I had my card compromised after using it to order from them.
View Quote
This. Same happened to my card when the second barrel was ordered, no issue on first one but on second I used a card I only use on trips that was not being used except for this purchase then next thing I know it was charged a taxi fee for 7 bucks in another state. This is usually a test run on the card before further purchases. Hotels are also a common test run.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:52:15 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm ignorant and don't get it. What is so special about these barrels? Aren't barrels like this a dime a dozen and readily available at similar prices? Is it because people want a barrel made to the TDP or something? I'm not her to argue. I just really don't understand, especially because they apparently have issues.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:57:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

NOTE: IF YOU STEAL THESE PICS TO USE ON ANY OTHER SITES, YOU WILL HAVE AGREED TO A FEE OF $250 FOR MY LABORS. I WILL EXPECT PAYMENT OR WILL PURSUE FURTHER. IF YOU WISH TO USE THESE PICS, ASK ME FIRST. Can’t believe I’m even having to say this...
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:09:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Since when does the military use blued barrel nuts?  Guessing the barrels were contract and they pieced them together with chineseium.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:28:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

My thoughts exactly. If OP gave a fuck he should have watermarked.  

Is it still against coc to insult OP?
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 4:44:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm ignorant and don't get it. What is so special about these barrels? Aren't barrels like this a dime a dozen and readily available at similar prices? Is it because people want a barrel made to the TDP or something? I'm not her to argue. I just really don't understand, especially because they apparently have issues.
View Quote

USGI barrels aren't a dime a dozen. Colt barrels are $300 or more when you can find them. FNs are even harder to come by.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 8:54:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Socom profile barrels like this are not dime a dozen at this price point.  If they shoot as well as Colt's for $130 less a barrel, that's pretty significant.  The barrel nut bothers me, but I have a spare phosphated one, so it's not a deal breaker.  If the majority of them are as good as what is being shown and they shoot as well as some of the range reports I've seen online, they are a killer deal.  I just don't like DTT.  Hell, I couldn't even get a transaction to go through.  My card won't let me for security reasons, so they have issues.

This thread needs to be in technical discussion.  Why it got dumped in GD is beyond me.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:01:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Socom profile barrels like this are not dime a dozen at this price point.  If they shoot as well as Colt's for $130 less a barrel, that's pretty significant.  The barrel nut bothers me, but I have a spare phosphated one, so it's not a deal breaker.  If the majority of them are as good as what is being shown and they shoot as well as some of the range reports I've seen online, they are a killer deal.  I just don't like DTT.  Hell, I couldn't even get a transaction to go through.  My card won't let me for security reasons, so they have issues.

This thread needs to be in technical discussion.  Why it got dumped in GD is beyond me.
View Quote

Exactly; it should be back in the technical side
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:11:51 AM EDT
[#23]
What is DTT?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:15:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

Exactly; it should be back in the technical side
View Quote

Except for the barrel nut, the barrels look the same as my Colt and FMNI barrel. Also pretty close to my BCM and Remington barrel. I mounted mine on a Block II build, so the barrel nut went into trash. Probably added by DTT people anyways
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:16:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What is DTT?
View Quote

Delta Tactical Team, the vendor selling these barrels
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:47:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Except for the barrel nut, the barrels look the same as my Colt and FMNI barrel. Also pretty close to my BCM and Remington barrel. I mounted mine on a Block II build, so the barrel nut went into trash. Probably added by DTT people anyways
View Quote

I could see that.  That may be why some owners were saying the FSB pins were easier to drive out... probably half assed reinstalling them after dropping on the barrel nut.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:35:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I could see that.  That may be why some owners were saying the FSB pins were easier to drive out... probably half assed reinstalling them after dropping on the barrel nut.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were still in the original MMC packaging. There was no evidence that the taper pins had been removed.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:39:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

They were still in the original MMC packaging. There was no evidence that the taper pins had been removed.
View Quote

Interesting.  The barrel nut is a mystery then.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:19:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Did anyone see the MMC barrel exmination with a considering amount of corrosion to the barrel? And damage?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:28:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Did anyone see the MMC barrel exmination with a considering amount of corrosion to the barrel? And damage?
View Quote
Yes it was posted here already and the reason I bought a new bore scope to check mine. As you can see in my post above my two examples are much better.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top