Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2018 7:41:25 PM EDT
Always been my one of my favorites.
So after a looonnnngggg hiatus from modelling, I saw that there were new kits of it.
Picked up the Academy.
Nice kit, turret is just about done.

Link Posted: 9/18/2018 8:02:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice work.  Are you going to weather it?  My models were always too clean since I never wanted to mess with an awesome paint job.  A long time ago I built the Tamiya motorized version of that tank.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 8:12:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice work.  Are you going to weather it?  My models were always too clean since I never wanted to mess with an awesome paint job.  A long time ago I built the Tamiya motorized version of that tank.
View Quote
Yeah it's already weathered, chipped paint and rust. Light wash. Not gonna over do it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yeah it's already weathered, chipped paint and rust. Light wash. Not gonna over do it.
View Quote
It looks good.  I could post some pics of extreme weathering that seem popular among some modelers that, while they are skillful in representing rust, make the vehicle look like they’ve been soaking in salt water for years.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 8:55:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It looks good.  I could post some pics of extreme weathering that seem popular among some modelers that, while they are skillful in representing rust, make the vehicle look like they’ve been soaking in salt water for years.
View Quote
Absolutely agree.  Overdoing the weathering is the current trend and it drives me up the wall!  They always like to say they look at earth moving equipment for their weathering.  Tankers take far better care of their equipment than a bulldozer driver.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 11:39:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Great work!  I agree about extreme weathering.  At some point excessive detail draws away from the builder's work.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 12:57:47 PM EDT
[#6]
That looks great!
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#7]
All done except some final trim/weathering on the road wheels. And I have to add an antenna.

Next up is a Zvezda T90. Really nice kit at a reasonable price.
Also working on a few 1/32 aircraft.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 4:40:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Fantastic!

Looks great. I like subtle weathering. I think model builders nowadays go a little overboard on weathering.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 9:50:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, I haven't modelled in about 10 years. Great to be back into it.
Just gotta get used to these new acrylics!
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 6:18:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I still love the old MERDC camouflage.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 11:43:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks awesome!  I have the AFV Club one in the stash, built the Tamiya one years ago, just OD, love the MERDC schemes though.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 1:23:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Absolutely agree.  Overdoing the weathering is the current trend and it drives me up the wall!  They always like to say they look at earth moving equipment for their weathering.  Tankers take far better care of their equipment than a bulldozer driver.
View Quote
seen some pics where stuff is beat to hell.  and still in service.  not sure the background but one was a Abrams with a ton of paint missing.  cannot find the image at the moment
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top