Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#1]
All things aside, trying to rob a Lyft has got to be the dumbest thing you can do.

It's like leaving your business card on the manager's desk during a bank heist.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:27:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All things aside, trying to rob a Lyft has got to be the dumbest thing you can do.

It's like leaving your business card on the manager's desk during a bank heist.
View Quote
And it's a cashless business model.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:28:59 AM EDT
[#3]
So basically, Lyft policy implies that she was supposed to die, or at least incur life-altering injuries.

Wow, that's so compassionate of Lyft. I love how they respect basic human rights.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Uber Eats Driver, a Mother of Three, Murdered

33 Year Old Uber Driver Robbed, Murdered

In fairness to Uber, after the Florida shooting involving an Uber driver (who just happened to graduate an police academy or something), in which a jealous ex-boyfriend thought his ex was in the Uber driver's vehicle and attacked the driver and passenger, Uber quietly changed the policy from "No weapons ever" to stating we should "follow our state and local ordinances regarding weapons".  Not that I gave a fuck.  I carried everyday; pepper spray, knife, mahogany shampoo bottle, and firearm.  Coincidentally these were the same items I carried whether or not I drove for Uber.  Uber's Hub in Dallas was marked 30.06 & 30.07 (for those from lesser states, thats no open or concealed carry), but they eventually took the 30.06 signs down.

I dont know that there is a whole lot she can do, suing Lyft.  She can go after them for the repairs to her car, as that is part of the agreement.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:04:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

To a point. No company or person should, by contract, be able get us to surrender our enumerated rights...yet here we are.
View Quote

They can't.  By simple consequence of not agreeing to the terms.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:12:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Most corporations will fire you for carrying against policy. Keep in mind that you have to be alive to get fired.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:44:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

BS. Plenty of people have sued their employer and won, for failing a drug test. This is even in states that don't allow it medically.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:They do if you voluntarily surrender them.

BS. Plenty of people have sued their employer and won, for failing a drug test. This is even in states that don't allow it medically.

Their company their rules. She doesn’t have to drive for them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:17:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Contracts don't override the 2nd Amendment!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's in the contract that riders and drivers agree to. Same with Uber.
If you don't want to support anti gun companies, don't contract with them.
If you want to give them money, just realize they can terminate the contract at any time.

Where is .gov in the contract?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:21:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I bet if you worked for a real taxi company they would fire you just the same way Walmart, Walgreens or every other large corporation would for carrying a gun at work.

Can anyone name a single non-Mom and Pop that allows employees to carry guns?

8nBAIT

View Quote

Lol. If you're in your car, in Alabama, the law says you can have your gun.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:25:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

it would appear that Lyft placed her in an unsafe environment... KNEW there were preventative safety measures available(CCW) AND not only were those preventative safety measures against company policy they FIRED my client for using them... That is like saying Lyft drivers cant use seatbelts, then when one has a seat belt bruise after it saves their life firing them...
View Quote

Not picking up the ride/passengers is preventative.  Having a barrier between front & rear seats is preventative.

Pulling your CCW after the assault/carjacking has begun is reactive.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:30:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

To a point. No company or person should, by contract, be able get us to surrender our enumerated rights...yet here we are.
View Quote

You should not be able to tell someone that you do not allow firearms in your house/on your property?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:35:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It beats the alternative!
View Quote

I've never been fired. Dead, either. The former is preferred.

To change the quote from an old Oleg Volk poster:

"Lyft's firearms policy: Ensuring all 100 lb female drivers have the right to fist fight with 400 lbs worth of rapist!"

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:06:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
THERE BUSINESS THEY'RE RULES DON'T LIKE IT LEAVE IT THIS IS THE U.S.A.

or something like that
View Quote

Their, not there (where?) or they're (they are).
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:12:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Rather be fired than dead.

Lyft should be ashamed.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I bet if you worked for a real taxi company they would fire you just the same way Walmart, Walgreens or every other large corporation would for carrying a gun at work.

8nBAIT

View Quote

@8nBAIT

I got one: Dutch Brothers coffee.

A barista at a Eugene, Oregon location returned fire and killed 1 of 2 goblins during a robbery several years ago.

The company put him on paid leave,  covered counseling, and stated his job was waiting for him when he was up to coming back.

Good coffee and they also are pro military.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:42:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Pretty misleading headline. I'm sure she was fired because she agreed that she would not carry a legally owned firearm while working for them. Then she carried and used a firearm while working for them.

This is how every major company in America operates. I don't see what's so surprising.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:52:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You should not be able to tell someone that you do not allow firearms in your house/on your property?
View Quote

Do you make your guests sign a contract?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:52:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes they do...both parties consented to the terms. Moving on....

She was prevented from using the app as a contractor, not persecuted by a government or forbidden from carrying in the future.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:17:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Most corporations will fire you for carrying against policy. Keep in mind that you have to be alive to get fired.
View Quote

I've told something similar to more than one client in the same situation.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are you trying to get at?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:16:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The lawsuit probably isn't worth the juice for the squeeze, although it would be fun to see on principle.

View Quote

IMHO it might not be worth it to her personally, but seems like it would be good for setting a precedent.

Seems like if a company wants to ban you from exercising a constitutional right, you should be able to sue the crap out of them, and be basically guaranteed a win, if something happens to you.

By the same token, if you shoot someone who is attacking you in your own vehicle, even if driving for the company, the company should be immune from the perp suing them.

Let the family of a slain driver sue lyft straight out of business for preventing driver from protecting him/herself, and other companies will take notice and amend their policies.

Let the family of a slain perp try to sue a $12/hour driver and that will put a stop to those sorts of lawsuits.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:18:19 PM EDT
[#22]
This sort of thing is not new.  Stop-n-rob employees, pizza delivery people, have had to make that decision since forever.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:06:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

8nBAIT

View Quote
Uncle B's Seafood in Kelso, TN, about 5 miles west of Fayetteville:

They built a new restaurant building, over extended themselves and have since gone out of business.  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top