Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2020 8:10:28 PM EDT
Opinions on it?
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By caduckgunner:
Opinions on it?
View Quote

What ages?  Concepts of L&L have worked great for us.  If you haven't already grab a book(s) that relate to the age of your child/children, read up and try it out.  In a nutshell its about giving kids choices, reward/consequence for said choices, and empathy.  Many of our friends and colleagues have also used L&L with great success.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:05:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I am raising four kids with different personalities and been practicing pediatrics for almost 20 years.  I haven't found any one program or method that works entirely all children.  
However, Love and Logic is one of the best my wife and I have come across.
As any parent does it is hard to not compare how our children behave with our nieces and nephews.  The difference is surprising.  While our kids aren't saints and we had our share of rough patches they behave better in public and with family that any our siblings' kids (I have couple of brothers and wife has three sisters).  Our kids come to us with their problems, are friendlier with their siblings, go to bed without a fuss, are doing well in school and probably most telling in current times, as of the time of this writing, have never needed any medication to help control their behavior.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:34:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Worked great for my kids when they were toddlers. Still deploy the braindead "I know" when my teenagers are being emotional about this or that. Even works on spouses (both ways). I am a big fan of L&L, helped my kids learn to make decisions for themselves when consequences were less costly. Your spouse and you have to both be on board for it to be truly effective and I recommend taking an in-person class from a L&L trainer. My wife and I took the class and then a refresh maybe a year later. Our kids thanked us after completing the second class for using L&L. Go figure.

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:18:35 PM EDT
[#4]
We use it, love it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:39:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I really like it and stand behind it but you have to be consistent with it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 6:30:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Love and logic?  The same thing bill and Melinda gates talked about?

Humm. That's a turn off, but I sure could use some help with my 11 yr old
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:00:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Sio, does this work starting with pre-teens?  Or did you all need to start as toddlers?
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Can I ask for a short version of what Love & Login is and same for Love & Logic?

In my home we use a password manager with a family plan.  My older kids get an account and I maintain the master password for their vault.  We can log in anytime to their accounts, though we never do.  They are also not on social media at all, then again, my wife and I aren't on social media either.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 11:23:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't believe there is a love and logon.  I'm thinking it was a typo, but I'm not sure.

It did lead me to take a look at love and logic though. It seems like a decently based parenting philosophy.

Kids scree up... We let them and don't bail them out

Google love and logic and you'll see. Or get books at the library.  It's tough to actually do it though.  I'm trying it with my 12 yr old. Wish I would have know about this earlier.
I'm a yeller. I am learning to just let go I suppose.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks.  I searched and found their site talking about it.

We have been doing this from the beginning with our kids.  We just didn't call it Love and Logic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top