Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 6:56:35 AM EDT
[#1]
It’s got the 2zz in it. I’m thinking of adding more power either with a turbo or supercharger. The k swap would be cool but $$$$
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 9:45:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’s got the 2zz in it. I’m thinking of adding more power either with a turbo or supercharger. The k swap would be cool but $$$$
View Quote

I would at least talk to DDPR out in Sealy.

http://www.ddperformanceresearch.com/ (their website is ancient and not updated at all)

Their specialty is MR-S and Lotus 2ZZ and 2GR stuff
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 10:38:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I would at least talk to DDPR out in Sealy.

http://www.ddperformanceresearch.com/ (their website is ancient and not updated at all)

Their specialty is MR-S and Lotus 2ZZ and 2GR stuff
View Quote

Cool thanks man
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 1:07:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would do the kswap honestly. The power to weight ratio would be crazy. Working on a kswapped fit right now. Makes around 250 whp.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 1:54:25 AM EDT
[#5]
SO REWARDING! | Driving Honda K20 VTEC Powered Lotus Exige on the Nürburgring
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 6:49:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I would do the kswap honestly. The power to weight ratio would be crazy. Working on a kswapped fit right now. Makes around 250 whp.
View Quote

I’d love too man but the price on it is my limfac. I’ve got too many expensive hobbies. Plus they increased the buy in on the track I want to call home
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 6:50:18 AM EDT
[#7]

That’s a great vid man!! Thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 7:11:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 8:26:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's got the 2zz in it. I'm thinking of adding more power either with a turbo or supercharger. The k swap would be cool but $$$$
View Quote
I've messed with boost and the 2ZZ and it's honestly not worth it.  You can do it but the K series engines are better in this regards.  The 2ZZ just doesn't have enough market support IMHO.  If you want to mess with it then keep it as a NA motor.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 4:30:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Its hard for short people to get out of too...Getting in is no problem. Getting out...well you dont look as cool trying to get out as you do driving it. I love the car for its simple design and performance. I'm old enough now I think I will replace it with an Evora or stick to my 911.

Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice ride man!
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 10:38:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Any pics of the cockpit handy? I'll bet it's impressive.
View Quote

I keep forgetting to take inside pix ??
There really isn’t much to it. It’s very tight! The door sils are about 6-7” above the seat. That’s what makes getting in and out a challenge. There is a radio but you can’t hear it over the wind and engine noise??
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:04:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Exige GT1 is the Bee's Knees!

Link Posted: 4/29/2021 12:46:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 6:56:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

A lot of them do.
Also a lot of them are 5-letter words, starting with "E".
Also a lot of those have the same Vowel-Consonant-Vowel-Consonant-Vowel word construction:
Evija
Evora
Elite
Elise
Exige
Evija
Which is interesting because Lotus is also a 5-letter word, with the opposite construction: Consonant-Vowel-Consonant-Vowel-Consonant.

Yeah I notice strange things.
View Quote

The new type 131 is gonna be called the Emira as well
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:07:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 2:02:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Honda K20 Lotus Elise/Exige V e92 BMW M3 Clubsport Spec, 450bhp M2, Porsche Cayman 981 GT4 & AMG GTS
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 2:37:19 AM EDT
[#18]
The closest I came to owning one, was I had an MR2 Spyder, with a 2ZZ engine swap.  I strongly considered getting an Elise during my last car-purchase, although this time I bought a Corvette C7.

The newest Lotus designs look amazing.  The Evora looks absolutely incredible in person, pictures are somewhat deceiving.

Quoted:
I want a C7 Corvette but an Evora can be had for the same price or less. Tempting...
View Quote

What prices were the ones you were looking at?

The reason I went with the Corvette was mostly because I was tired of having ZERO trunk space.  I don't need much trunk space, but it's nice to have a place to put some scuba gear, or groceries without them going on my passenger's lap.  It's also easy to source parts for the Corvette in the US & it's got a great power-to-money ratio.  The handling is also fantastic.

Which reminds me, I test drove a Camaro just out of curiosity.  Holy crap those things handle like a pallet of bricks.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 2:45:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Wanted one for a long time. Started with a 1985 MR2 then a 2003 MR-S 6 speed SMT. On the MR-S I was too tall to operate the clutch so I opted for the SMT. At this point I think I would have an Exocet set up for me. I like small cars but at 6'3 and a long torso I don't fit worth a damn in them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:42:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Definition of a toy/fun car.  Had the opportunity to get behind the wheel of one at Summit Point a few years back, had a smile the whole time.

That plate* ...

*edit front plate on a sexy car
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:24:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:31:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Not a bad looking automobile
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 1:45:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Which Camaro?  The alpha platform is excellent.    I had a C7 vet and it rode like a Suburban compared to a ZL1.
View Quote

If I'm remembering correctly, it was a 1SS or 2SS.  Relatively recent used model, probably around 2017.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 6:35:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The reason I went with the Corvette was mostly because I was tired of having ZERO trunk space.  I don't need much trunk space, but it's nice to have a place to put some scuba gear, or groceries without them going on my passenger's lap.  It's also easy to source parts for the Corvette in the US & it's got a great power-to-money ratio.  The handling is also fantastic.

Which reminds me, I test drove a Camaro just out of curiosity.  Holy crap those things handle like a pallet of bricks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
I want a C7 Corvette but an Evora can be had for the same price or less. Tempting...

~$40-45k range hopefully. I think for the reasons listed above the C7 would be the better idea, but I've loved Lotus for years so I really want to own one.

Unfortunately with Afghanistan closing down it looks like my income might take a dump unless my company can pick up some new contracts, so a fun car might be off the table for a bit
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Toyota drive train makes cheap repairs and maint.  The exige is supercharged.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top