Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2022 1:08:33 PM EDT
How many of these are there in the USA, anyway? Seems anywhere I go there's a Lost Dutchman mine nearby, or the equivalent.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 4:29:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I lost mine, can't remember where I left it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 4:55:38 PM EDT
[#2]
AZ has at least one. That area does a pretty decent job at killing tourists as well.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 4:57:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Only one I knew of was in AZ.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 5:06:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NIevo:
Only one I knew of was in AZ.
View Quote

Yup, and guess what... He wasn't Dutch, he was German. It was common for early American to mix up Deutschland and Dutch, calling German people Dutch.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 9:22:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, it's behind my house, in the Superstition Mountains.

Loads of people every year look for the rumored gold, none have found it.  People die or get killed over it all the same.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 6:39:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm pretty convinced that Walz (or however his name was spelled) was finding his gold nearer to ,or actually IN, the town of Goldfield. There was a working mine there that was paying off handsomely until the water table rose and flooded it. Those shafts are still full of water and inaccessible, but are said to certainly be worth the squeeze if the water could be controlled. The same thing killed silver mining in Tombstone. You can tour one of the pits that didn't flood if you visit the Goldfield tourist trap. While you're there, visit the Mammoth Saloon, which is the best use of your money anywhere near Apache Junction, AZ.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top