Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2021 6:07:53 AM EDT
So I restored a old 1903 Springfield from a rusted junk to a beautiful weapon I did all the work on it myself from stripping it down to putting the  coloring on it!

Made me happy to take something that was going to be junked and make it a weapon that any man should fear!  It still has the flamming bomb on the barrel and it has an oval cut out on the rear of the receiver. Looked it up and it was an experimental semi-automatic 30 caliber magazine fed that had this.

I know there are wall hangers out there but for a weapon that is over 100 years old I wanted to give it something special! Not behind glass I think she needs people to hold her shot her also. Yet I want something to not out shine her but kind of attract people to look at the weapon!

Sorry for the her and she! This is my baby and labor of love! My first restore and other then the color I'm happy with it and it still can shoot what's best!

Thanks!

Link to the 30 caliber experimental

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 9:43:54 AM EDT
[#1]
In for replies.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 9:53:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Any photos of it?
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 11:08:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I've always liked something like this...

Link Posted: 3/13/2021 9:13:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Traderjac:
Any photos of it?
View Quote

I post some on my days off the before and after photos after are recent before are over 10 years old.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 9:22:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Creature] [#5]
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 9:49:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Photo

Link Posted: 7/10/2021 12:08:47 AM EDT
[#7]
They made a lot of Mark  I’s actually. The use of the pedersen device never materialized and almost all the devices were scrapped.
The rifles since they still functioned like regular 1903’s stayed in inventory through WW2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top