Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2019 12:43:38 PM EDT
Hey, I'm looking for a quality shirt and pants that fit these criteria:

Shirt: slim fit, no melt, breathable, durable

Polo shirt: slim fit, no melt, breathable, durable

pants: blends in well for concealed carry, kneepad inserts without outer shell layer on pants, gusseted/stretchable crotch area, durable

To anyone that can point me in the right direction, thanks!
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you looked at what 5.11 has?  They may have some items that meet your criteria.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:09:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the LA Police Gear Atlas STS pants. I have several pairs and they are very comfortable. No integral knee pads though.

For no-melt shirts, I guess you need Nomex. Lots of MilSurp Nomex undershirts out there.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you looked at what 5.11 has?  They may have some items that meet your criteria.
View Quote
I have, but it seems that 5.11 is geared toward folks that want simple, durable pants with all the right pockets. I have yet to find pants that fit my criteria. So for, it seems the only company that does such pants is UF Pro. Arcteryx makes pants such pants, but they're obviously milspec. I want something that looks more like casual wear hiking pants.

5.11 also doesn't seem to have any good shirts that are both "no melt" polos/shirts and that fit like compression.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:36:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Are there any nomex shirts that slime, comfortable, and fashionable? Polo shirts made with nomex?
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#5]
LA police gear has a store brand that might work for pants not sure on tops
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:28:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Vertx Hyde or Delta Stretch pants.  https://vertx.com/category/Pants/36?viewAll=True
I can vouch for the Hyde pants, they are well built.

Check out LAPG, I think they're currently running a 25% off sale on Vertx.  They also clearance Vertx products from time to time and you can get some great deals.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 4:37:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 5:32:59 PM EDT
[#8]
5-11

Link Posted: 2/19/2019 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#9]
For pants I would look at motorcycle jeans/pants.  They have knee protection and may be stretchy to accommodate different riding positions
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
That's a guy's ass, right?
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 10:06:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There are some FR/Nomex polo shirts out there but, IIRC, they're very expensive. Most people just stick with cotton for that.
View Quote
What about polos that aren't cut to hang off your arms, and hug them instead?
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 10:27:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 2:59:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If you’re looking for something in nomex or a similar material, you pretty much have to take what you can find, which is usually a polo uniform shirt in some shade of blue or white ar around $100 each.

Or you can just go with 100% cotton, which can burn but won’t melt and which comes in just about any color or pattern that you can imagine.
View Quote
No melt would be the bigger concern, so where here are the 100% cotton performance polos?
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No melt would be the bigger concern, so where here are the 100% cotton performance polos?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you’re looking for something in nomex or a similar material, you pretty much have to take what you can find, which is usually a polo uniform shirt in some shade of blue or white ar around $100 each.

Or you can just go with 100% cotton, which can burn but won’t melt and which comes in just about any color or pattern that you can imagine.
Pretty much all of the companies making the tactical pants are also making the polos.  Tru-Spec, 5.11, etc all have 100% cotton polos for sale.  I can't say for certain how slim fit they are, but if you're trying to use them for concealed carry I wouldn't want them to be too slim cut.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Vertx Delta Stretch pants, but they don't have pockets for knee pads. I've got 5-6 pairs and they are some of my favorite pants. I used to be big on the TD Carlos Ray pants until I got my first pair of Delta Stretch.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 3:20:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Vertx low profile or whatever they're called.  They can be had cheap, too, if you get the right sale.

I bought a khaki pair for $14 from the LAPG store IIRC on sale about 2 years ago.  They look like regular khaki chino pants until you're a few feet away.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 3:28:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Vertx Hyde or Delta Stretch pants.  https://vertx.com/category/Pants/36?viewAll=True
I can vouch for the Hyde pants, they are well built.

Check out LAPG, I think they're currently running a 25% off sale on Vertx.  They also clearance Vertx products from time to time and you can get some great deals.
View Quote
I second this.  Vertx is awesome.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 1:38:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Duluth Trading has some stretchy cargo pants
in their firehose line, but not sure about the no-melt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top