Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2021 8:36:55 PM EDT
I want a nice smoker, charcoal or wood. I have a nice weber kettle in a kart and want a dedicated smoker. I've looked at eggs/kamodos and don't think that's what I want. I don't need huge, 2 butts/a brisket/a turkey/3 racks of ribs is the most I'd ever do at once. Looking for around $1k, what you guys got?
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:08:21 AM EDT
[#1]
You might want to look at The Pit Barrel Cooker.

Pit Barrel Cooker
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:37:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out the new Masterbuilt gravity series.  Same company as Kamado Joe now.  But if you're willing to spend $1000 KJ classic 2 would fit the bill, but drop the extra few hundred for the classic 3 for the extra height.  I know you said you're not into kamados, but they are great smokers and will save you a ton of money on charcoal.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Pit Barrel Cooker
View Quote

I was looking at drum/barrel smokers. Do they hold temp in 30 degree weather? I wouldn't use it much in winter but that's my main concern with a barrel.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 9:47:25 PM EDT
[#4]
weber smokey mountain
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:07:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Lang Backyard Smoker.  Nahunta, GA

https://langbbqsmokers.com/lang36/lang36_original.html
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I was looking at drum/barrel smokers. Do they hold temp in 30 degree weather? I wouldn't use it much in winter but that's my main concern with a barrel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pit Barrel Cooker

i've had great luck with them. if it's too cold, wrap a moving blanket from hf around it. easy to build, as well, and much cheaper. properly built, they're very easy to control.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 12:10:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
weber smokey mountain
View Quote

WSM works really well.  When I don't need a ton of space, I just use my Kettle.  I got a Slow n Sear basket recently and I like it.  It burns the charcoal a lot more efficiently and has a reservoir for boiling water.  If I was going big, I'd be buying a Yoder YS640.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Before you shell out $$ for a smoker, have a look at the Amaze-n smoke products. The smoke tubes work well and I bought mine at Walmart.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 6:22:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Build one
How to make an offset cinderblock smoker
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Ive got a small WSM, Big WSM and a Yoder stick burner. In the last few years I've only used the small WSM. It makes great food, is somewhat efficient and burns for a long time on a load of charcoal. Bought it for $50 on craigslist.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Easiest and best I know of-for the money is the Oklahoma Joe Bronco--$300 retail.  I have had a few other types

and this is the one.  Join the FB group and see what others are saying.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 9:00:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
weber smokey mountain
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top