Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2021 4:17:05 AM EDT
My Samsung has been great, but it's about 10 years old. Nothing wrong with it, it just seems sluggish now a days. I've been reading a lot about Linux operating systems in GD.  Is there a laptop in the $200-$400 price range that runs Linux? My only real wish is I get a full keyboard, but that is not a deal breaker. All I use it for is surfing the web, watching movies from time to time and that's about it. Nothing fancy. Thanks for the help in advance!

PS. I am a completely ignorant person when it comes to tech stuff. Please talk to me like I'm 5!
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 9:49:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 7:03:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My Samsung has been great, but it's about 10 years old. Nothing wrong with it, it just seems sluggish now a days. I've been reading a lot about Linux operating systems in GD.  Is there a laptop in the $200-$400 price range that runs Linux? My only real wish is I get a full keyboard, but that is not a deal breaker. All I use it for is surfing the web, watching movies from time to time and that's about it. Nothing fancy. Thanks for the help in advance!

PS. I am a completely ignorant person when it comes to tech stuff. Please talk to me like I'm 5!
View Quote
But you want a laptop that runs Linux...

Its not super hard to learn how to use it as a user, but its not something I'd expect someone with no tech pc knowledge to pic up and run with...
But, on the other hand, what better way to learn that just jumping in.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top