Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2022 8:37:01 AM EDT
Might as well ask the hive,
Looking for a travel size 22ish inch long neutrally buoyant fin that's lighter weight
The problem is I have a  size 14 foot and dive in altama maritime chuck talor style shoe. Anyone have any suggestions for a samsquatch size fin that meets the above needs?
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 10:24:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I’ll hold off on the “your foot is the size of a fin” jokes and just say that I use ScubaPro travel fins. They fit diagonally in my carry on luggage (which was why I bought them) and do the trick unless I’m trying to swim very far up a strong current. You can also use them without booties if you are so inclined, but I usually wear short booties. I wear size 10 shoes. Don’t know how they will fit your larger feet.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 12:41:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SideCarGT:
I’ll hold off on the “your foot is the size of a fin” jokes and just say that I use ScubaPro travel fins. They fit diagonally in my carry on luggage (which was why I bought them) and do the trick unless I’m trying to swim very far up a strong current. You can also use them without booties if you are so inclined, but I usually wear short booties. I wear size 10 shoes. Don’t know how they will fit your larger feet.
View Quote

Do you mean the GoSport?

I love the Deep6 Eddy fins. Apparently used by lots for travel fins over on SB. Not sure about size though.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 2:07:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll give those a look thanks keep em coming
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 3:23:02 PM EDT
[#4]
For my fall trip I bought the gofins size 2xl paired with size 13 aqualung 3mm Polynesian booties for my shoe size 12-13 feet.

This was purely a luggage weight and space decision.  The combination is half the weight of my previous combo.  I’m pleased so far but have only worn snorkeling yet.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 3:24:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh start shopping early- short supply on these items.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 3:34:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AHSGA:
For my fall trip I bought the gofins size 2xl paired with size 13 aqualung 3mm Polynesian booties for my shoe size 12-13 feet.

This was purely a luggage weight and space decision.  The combination is half the weight of my previous combo.  I’m pleased so far but have only worn snorkeling yet.
View Quote

Aren’t the go fins the ones that are full foot fins and the Go Sports are the ones with spring straps made to be worn with booties? People on SB get the two confused a lot.

Absolutely order now. Lots of fins in short supply.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 3:48:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SideCarGT] [#7]
Originally Posted By Marie:

Do you mean the GoSport?

I love the Deep6 Eddy fins. Apparently used by lots for travel fins over on SB. Not sure about size though.
View Quote

Yes, the Go Sport travel fins, sometimes sold as ScubaPro Travel, sometimes sold as GO Sport Travel, but usually say some version of “Go Sport”
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 4:07:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Marie:

Aren’t the go fins the ones that are full foot fins and the Go Sports are the ones with spring straps made to be worn with booties? People on SB get the two confused a lot.

Absolutely order now. Lots of fins in short supply.
View Quote

Yup headed to Roatan end of October
I just bought a Hog TBC soft plate set up. I got tired of diving rental gear and really don't care for jacket style BCDs.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 4:48:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By hardhit77:

Yup headed to Roatan end of October
I just bought a Hog TBC soft plate set up. I got tired of diving rental gear and really don't care for jacket style BCDs.
View Quote

Jacket BCDs suck donkey balls.

Have fun! Get on the fins NOW.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 5:56:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine are the ones with bungee straps, not a full foot.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Apeks RK3 (not the HD) is slightly positively buoyant. XL has a blade length of 22.4"
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 7:49:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bap] [#12]
Originally Posted By SideCarGT:

Yes, the Go Sport travel fins, sometimes sold as ScubaPro Travel, sometimes sold as GO Sport Travel, but usually say some version of “Go Sport”
View Quote

They are two different fins, albeit very closely similar.
I have the go sport version.  I use Mares aventi full foot for OW and love them.  Bought the go sport for local spring diving ( socks don't work here ).  
Work fine in this application.  In OW, they SUCK.  Very little return for energy spent kicking.  Sometimes I swim 1700+ yards.  Mares makes me efficient.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Anyone have any experience with the Hollis f2 fins? Foot box size weight, Buoyancy? From what I've read they have a large foot box
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 9:46:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By hardhit77:
Anyone have any experience with the Hollis f2 fins? Foot box size weight, Buoyancy? From what I've read they have a large foot box
View Quote

I had them at the very beginning when I started diving. They’re definitely short, but don’t remember anything else about them.

The Deep6 Eddys are fab fins. Highly recommend them if they will fit your feet.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top