Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2018 10:10:24 AM EDT
For those who have been to Korea, you might know Red Red. The stuff doesnt exist anywhere in the US that I know of, and you can barely find it on the interwebs.

Its one of my favorite beers and I'd love to clone it. Does anyone familiar with it by any chance have an idea where start with this?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 1:52:56 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of beer is it?

Edit:  after searching, it is an amber lager, Vienna style. How close would you say it is to Dos Equis amber?
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 11:02:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What kind of beer is it?

Edit:  after searching, it is an amber lager, Vienna style. How close would you say it is to Dos Equis amber?
View Quote
Never had it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 3:37:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I suggest you try a few red/amber Vienna style lagers, figure out which is closest, and that you like, and go from there.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 9:30:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, I suggest you try a few red/amber Vienna style lagers, figure out which is closest, and that you like, and go from there.
View Quote
Sound idea. Too bad it's been nearly 10 years since I've had it.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 1:26:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Modela Negra sounds pretty close.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top