Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:19:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

That's purdy!
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:20:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I've bought many off the shelf and had them made while I've waited at gun shows, but I suppose the longest I've waited was about 2 months and that was recent.

Also recent was an absolutely fantastic experience with HCM Holsters, which I think is a one-man shop. Regardless, he did a fantastic job creating a custom Cordura-wrapped kydex Holster with retention and QLS fork for me and got it back to me in about a month.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Custom-Holster-from-HCM-Holsters/10-519621/
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:21:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That's purdy!
View Quote

It is
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have waited months for Milt Sparks holsters.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:24:37 PM EDT
[#5]
4 months for a custom chest rig from Gunfighters Inc.
Worth it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, they still don’t make the safariland 7ts  for P10c w/ tlr-1hl so it’ll be a bit longer since late Nov.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:31:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:32:01 PM EDT
[#8]
8 weeks?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:32:51 PM EDT
[#9]
i'm gonna say i waited about six months for a raven concealment holster back in 2009/2010 when they were really popular.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:36:56 PM EDT
[#10]
5 months for a Tucker Gunleather HF1 for a 1911

Looks like this (not my pic or 1911):
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Almost 3 months for a wright leather works holster for my custom sig sauer 1911 scorpion carry. Worth every minute of the wait.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:45:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Blackpoint. Quoted 8-10 weeks, after 17 weeks I cancelled. It was ..... Covid related.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:45:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Maybe a week?  I don’t order from companies whose ship time is worse than a NFA item
View Quote

Well said. haha

My last few were LAS concealment. Quick turn around.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:46:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Holstersmith.com
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:49:26 PM EDT
[#15]
High Noon holster for my BHP
They said 3 to 4 months
Came in 3.5

GREAT HOLSTER!
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Six months for a Del Fatti that I would up hating.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:55:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Well said. haha

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe a week?  I don’t order from companies whose ship time is worse than a NFA item

Well said. haha

I assume most of the examples of longer wait times in this thread are for custom holsters, not off-the-shelf holsters for common pistols.

Some folks want a holster made in their choice of leather, finish, and stitching. Others have something custom made because it's difficult or impossible to find a holster for a unique combination of pistol, WML, optic, and perhaps suppressor-height sites...let alone with additional preferred options for lining, sweat guard, retention, mounting system, materials, and color.

Sure, if you're looking for an IWB for a Glock 19, you should be able to get something shipped to you almost immediately...hopefully before you shoot your leg.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:56:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well that sucks, but that's how you fill up the shoebox.

But I ran out of room in that shoebox long ago.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I cancelled one with a "4 week" lead time on week 8. Simple kydex situation, no leather or anything exotic at all.
Small shop too, no response on week 6's status inquiry. Used PayPal so I started the cancellation & refund process through them. Communication suddenly became a thing again, guy claimed it was done & ready to ship next day
I told him to give me my money back.
View Quote

Sounds like New Breed

Trust me I have been there. Waited for the first one for 12 weeks(kinda forgot about it) well he pulls some excuse that he forgot too. Then waited another 4 weeks for it to show up.

Second time I was on week ten and pulled the plug. Been buying in stock Safariland and IWB of various manufacturers ever since.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:05:05 PM EDT
[#20]
14 months.

Ordered an El Paso Saddlery custom for a gift. Wait at the time was supposed to be 5 months, so I ordered it 8 months in advance, to be safe.

Joke was on me. I'm pretty certain they forgot about the order for 6-7 months, then got around to making it incorrectly and delivering almost 6 months after my father's birthday. They offered to make it correctly, but the wait would be another 6 months minimum. I said fuck it, and hung up.

I was a little pissed, to say the least.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:11:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That holster was such a terrible solution for me in 2004 that I stuck with a previous holster (Rosen) and didn't buy another holster from any maker until literally yesterday (KT Mech).

But it also took me that long to switch from a Colt Detective Special to a SIG P365XL, which (to me) is the gun that finally obsolesced the D-frame.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#22]
I ship the holsters I make out so fast sometimes I forget to include screw posts to attach them to a QLS fork.  (Had to go mail the screws posts separately today.  Probably should've put a rock in there to keep it from flying away being so light weight.)

Enjoy the wait, suckers! your new holsters!
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:19:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:34:12 PM EDT
[#24]
3 to 4 months leadtime is nothing unusual for a custom item.  Reputable manufacturers state that on their website. For an off-the-shelf product then they are selling some thing that they do not yet have and I have a problem with that.

El Paso Saddlery is awesome and it was worth the wait. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:34:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Sounds like New Breed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I cancelled one with a "4 week" lead time on week 8. Simple kydex situation, no leather or anything exotic at all.
Small shop too, no response on week 6's status inquiry. Used PayPal so I started the cancellation & refund process through them. Communication suddenly became a thing again, guy claimed it was done & ready to ship next day
I told him to give me my money back.

Sounds like New Breed

Wasn't them, upon checking they still seem to be online. Kinda want to name & bash them for being idiots but I'll skip. They claim 7-10 business days now Learned my lesson the first time.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:48:34 PM EDT
[#26]
On week 7 for a QVO and week 6 for another GCode shit sucks
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:51:19 PM EDT
[#27]
A month or so for my first Tier One Concealed. Just ordered a holster from Davis Tactical, shouldn't be more than a couple weeks. Why the hell would anyone wait months or years for a holster???
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:55:07 PM EDT
[#28]
10 week from Copquest for a Safariland RDS holster
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:55:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Almost 3 months each for my last two.

Worth it.

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:00:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I assume most of the examples of longer wait times in this thread are for custom holsters, not off-the-shelf holsters for common pistols.

View Quote

Actually most of the upper end holster makers don't make holsters and put them on the shelf.  The take an order and put it in the queue and when you are up they build it, very similar to custom gunsmiths.  You have to wait because there are a bunch of orders ahead of you.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:09:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Actually most of the upper end holster makers don't make holsters and put them on the shelf.  The take an order and put it in the queue and when you are up they build it, very similar to custom gunsmiths.  You have to wait because there are a bunch of orders ahead of you.
View Quote

I on the other hand churn out a holster a certain way and the customers are lucky if I occasionally decide to try a different color besides black.  

This weekend they get black carbon fiber kydex.

Haven't had an unsatisfied customer yet.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:10:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My experience (and apparently a bunch of GD as well) is that they quote you a lead time, then it's actually double that.

I had a company state 12-16 weeks up front, it was 32 weeks. Then tried to tell me I had agreed to terms and couldn't get a refund. It was too late for me to do a credit card chargeback at that point or I would have initiated one.

If you can't deliver stated lead time, either adjust your lead time or stop taking orders. Otherwise you are lying to your customers. I don't do business with companies that lie to me, regardless of the quality of their products.

JM Custom manages to turns things out consistently faster than stated lead time. That's how do you do business.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:15:01 PM EDT
[#33]
5 months -  Barranti and Rosen.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:22:06 PM EDT
[#34]
4-6 weeks, GunFightersINC.

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:35:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

My experience (and apparently a bunch of GD as well) is that they quote you a lead time, then it's actually double that.

I had a company state 12-16 weeks up front, it was 32 weeks. Then tried to tell me I had agreed to terms and couldn't get a refund. It was too late for me to do a credit card chargeback at that point or I would have initiated one.
View Quote

Happens all the time but that doesn't make it right.  Either the market will bear it or they won't, most of the higher end companies I've dealt with didn't take full payment until the product was complete.  I'm not sure I would deal with a company that wanted 100% upfront for months.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:34:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bankers Box.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:44:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I ordered a bunch of stuff during the most recent Safariland Black Friday Sale. It’s the middle of January and I haven’t received anything yet other than the e-mailed receipt.

I’m not complaining. They said orders could take 30 days or more. I am just hoping I eventually get my stuff.
View Quote

Same boat, except only one holster.

for a g19, you'd think it wouldn't be that long of a wait for such a popular gun
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:31:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Close to six months for a Milt Sparks 55BN and worth every second of it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:26:28 AM EDT
[#39]
About three weeks.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:32:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah. I wanna say it was 6+ months. Still worth it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:53:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:07:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
A house fire will rid you of that shoebox AND get you reimbursed for them at full retail!  
View Quote

We're going to need a lot of gas though.  I've got a 30-year stash.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:07:23 PM EDT
[#43]
2 months for Safariland
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:49:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
5 months for a Tucker Gunleather HF1 for a 1911

Looks like this (not my pic or 1911):

View Quote

My Tucker HF1 is my favorite holster.

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:24:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

My Tucker HF1 is my favorite holster.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/247750/IMG_1314-1778088.jpg
View Quote

Man, I forgot how beautiful leather holsters are. Wore one for years, back when a good compact concealed option was my P228.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:31:15 PM EDT
[#46]
5 weeks for a Gunfighters Inc .
6 months for a Warbird Leather .
7 momyhs for a Sounthern Trapper .
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:47:14 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm still waiting in one from 2012
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:21:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Holy shit, why? That's damn near 10 years
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Company disappeared, so I guess I'm not really waiting.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:49:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
This
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top