Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2022 6:47:12 PM EDT
I've started using that feature a lot lately as there are far too many people on the site to remember what any one specific user does or doesn't stand for.  The issue that I'm running into now is lack of space for the info as it is only 100 characters long.  

What I'm noticing is the most vocal people who were making posts to antagonize people in the 2020 election thread are now making posts to antagonize people in the Ukraine war thread.  As if that wasn't enough those people are making other posts trying to get people riled up about absurd things like claiming DeSantis must be anti-gun because he has no pro-gun record.  

At times it feels like Arfcom is flooded with trolls but what my user notes are showing is that it is really just a handful of people that are intentionally stirring up the post.  Having only a 100 characters makes it difficult to note that.  

Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:03:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By SWIRE:
I've started using that feature a lot lately as there are far too many people on the site to remember what any one specific user does or doesn't stand for.  The issue that I'm running into now is lack of space for the info as it is only 100 characters long.  

What I'm noticing is the most vocal people who were making posts to antagonize people in the 2020 election thread are now making posts to antagonize people in the Ukraine war thread.  As if that wasn't enough those people are making other posts trying to get people riled up about absurd things like claiming DeSantis must be anti-gun because he has no pro-gun record.  

At times it feels like Arfcom is flooded with trolls but what my user notes are showing is that it is really just a handful of people that are intentionally stirring up the post.  Having only a 100 characters makes it difficult to note that.  

View Quote

Shithead is only 8 characters. Not Shithead is only 12.

Plenty ‘o room.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 9:49:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FredMan:

Plenty 'o room.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FredMan:
Originally Posted By SWIRE:

Plenty 'o room.

True but I do prefer a little more detail.  Someone can be a shithead about one thing but not another.  I would hate to classify someone as that on all things just because they think chili has beans.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:35:19 PM EDT
[#3]
With the flood of people this week creating threads about how much the Republicans suck, how they won't be voting, and that they are encouraging others not to donate or vote...it sure would be nice to have a longer note field to note all the things they are fighting against.  

For example this is all that the note field currently allows:  "Only votes for people who are perfect and doesn't care if Dems win. Burn country to ground 2022-5-27".  There isn't enough space to get the full details that he "wants to burn the country to the ground faster".   Someone like that is someone that I would never do an EE deal with, want to meet up at an event with, or ever have a conversation with.  Is he a "true Patriot" that wants to destroy the country, a Dem shill trying to discourage people from voting, or a glowie trying to get people to openly admit that they too want to start an insurrection and burn down the government.  

The mods can't read every thread or keep track of everyone.  So give the members some useful tools.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 1:23:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Seriously, can User Notes field length be increased?  The 2024 trolls are already starting to ramp up

Here are my notes on one account about what they previously posted "Trump guilty of insurrection 22-12-16  DeSantis is huckster 22-12-27 Trump lied about docs 23-2-10" and they just jumped in the coordinated effort to try to claim DeSantis hates the 2A but I have no more room to add any details of what they said.

Here is the thread where other people are noticing the trend as well and pointing it out.  It started with someone realizing 3 newer or low post count users all created threads trying to portray DeSantis as hates the 2A and wants to ban guns.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Join-Dates-Post-Counts-/5-2622968/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top