Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/8/2022 11:45:28 PM EDT
I’m sure it’s like 9mm vs. .45 but anyone have any real honest feedback on the PS5 vs. Xbox x?

My son is turning 10, he only has a switch right now.  He wants a console he can play madden nfl on, and switch won’t do that.

His friends are split 50:50, and I was just looking for the hive’s feedback.

If Xbox released an upgraded version of Goldeneye, I would have already made the decision but not sure that is coming out.

Thanks

Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:47:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Nowadays almost all of the blockbuster triple-A games are on both systems as well as PC.  The hardware specs are pretty close too.  It comes down to which exclusive games one wants (sometimes exclusives are timed and eventually both get them, but sometimes they are exclusive exclusive).
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:54:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Pc master race checking in!

ETA my daughter has been playing on Xbox for years. She’s 9. I game with her cross platform.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:58:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a PS5, but looks like Starfield May only be for Xbox

Starfield: Official Teaser Trailer
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 12:17:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok this thing may turn out to be more for me than him.    

Looked up Microsoft flight sim and that’s available on Xbox.  

I’m sure my wife will love us being on it all the time.  But I love a good flight sim
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 12:23:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm sure it's like 9mm vs. .45 but anyone have any real honest feedback on the PS5 vs. Xbox x?

My son is turning 10, he only has a switch right now.  He wants a console he can play madden nfl on, and switch won't do that.

His friends are split 50:50, and I was just looking for the hive's feedback.

If Xbox released an upgraded version of Goldeneye, I would have already made the decision but not sure that is coming out.

Thanks

View Quote
That was a nintendo game
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 12:23:04 AM EDT
[#6]
My sons and I have a PS4 Pro and an Xbox Series X. The Xbox is way better and faster than the PS4 Pro and way easier to get an Open NAT with it as well. I prefer the Xbox.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 12:32:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm still on PS4.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 12:38:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Got both, love both. The Elite Series 2 Controller makes the X a win, it's hands down the finest controller known to man,  but all my friends are on PS5 so I'll buy all multi-player on it and more single player on the X
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 12:41:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got both, love both. The Elite Series 2 Controller makes the X a win, it's hands down the finest controller known to man,  but all my friends are on PS5 so I'll buy all multi-player on it and more single player on the X
View Quote

Really?  The ps5 controller has really impressed me.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 12:41:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That was a nintendo game
View Quote

Inter webs claims some
Sort of Nintendo / MSFT joint game may come out for goldeneye on Xbox only.   1997 here we come!
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 12:47:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My sons and I have a PS4 Pro and an Xbox Series X. The Xbox is way better and faster than the PS4 Pro and way easier to get an Open NAT with it as well. I prefer the Xbox.
View Quote

I've had the opposite experience. I have a 4 pro, a buddy of mine has a 4 and ano buddy has a Xbox X. My old fat backwards compatible PS3 that has survived at least one total flood is faster pretty much everything outside of games since it cannot play the same stuff and is only 1080p. My 4 pro makes all the other machines look like they are standing still.

I can't stand the disaster of the Xbox UI. It's just a mess like a windows phone or the Zune almost had. Bunch of crap in your face all the time. Sony has a much more restrained UI.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 12:48:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Long term?  PC
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 12:52:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Its impossible to find either. i want to get a ps5.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 12:56:43 AM EDT
[#14]
demons souls
horizon forbidden west
god of war

microshaft had zero exclusives
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 12:56:50 AM EDT
[#15]
As Deerhurst said, the Xbox UI is freaking terrible.  I have a Xbox OneX and a PS4 Pro and the PS4 is the better system IMO.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 12:56:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Long term?  PC
View Quote

My kids have all gone PC. and the price of a PS5?
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 12:59:05 AM EDT
[#17]
I've always preferred playstation.

The controller is perfect.

Xbox controllers are trash.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 1:20:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Have both. Doesn't matter to me. Only the four buttons being different configs.

Xbox game pass is pretty damn awesome tbh
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 1:22:16 AM EDT
[#19]
I have both, PS5 has some good exclusives, but Xbox Game Pass makes Xbox hard to beat in this comparison.
With a Gamepass sub he could have access to hundreds of games, including day one of new Microsoft releases.
Sony is supposed to be rolling out a competitor this summer, but it will focus more on older games.

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:40:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have both, PS5 has some good exclusives, but Xbox Game Pass makes Xbox hard to beat in this comparison.
With a Gamepass sub he could have access to hundreds of games, including day one of new Microsoft releases.
Sony is supposed to be rolling out a competitor this summer, but it will focus more on older games.

View Quote

Exactly this, the Game Pass is what you want OP.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:56:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Just get both.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:07:52 AM EDT
[#22]
There's an upgraded Goldeneye already out there that's pretty awesome for what it is. I don't know the details but played it at my friends.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:12:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can't you do that with PS Plus?
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:18:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PS+ has a fraction of the games available.  Sony is upgrading their service this summer to be more like game pass, but for now gamepass is the gold standard and a huge selling point.

I have both systems and they're both great.  Major titles will release on both systems and have cross platform play available.

Look at the available exclusives and decide.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:24:33 AM EDT
[#25]
sony for me, currently still playing on a ps pro, Id buy a ps5 in a minute but not spending hours looking for one or paying above retail.  Just finished horizon, looked great on new oled, I see nothing in the future that makes me want ps5.  Been a real drought in games the last few years.  last of us 2 was great and days gone.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:28:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
sony for me, currently still playing on a ps pro, Id buy a ps5 in a minute but not spending hours looking for one or paying above retail.  Just finished horizon, looked great on new oled, I see nothing in the future that makes me want ps5.  Been a real drought in games the last few years.  last of us 2 was great and days gone.
View Quote

The only reason I wanted a PS5 was for the God of War sequel, but they announced it will also be on PS4, so I'm good for awhile.

I plan on getting a PS5 eventually, but I'm going to wait until they are normally in stock, even if it's another year or three. I don't game enough to need one right now.

I wish I had the space and time for a PC again, but I don't really have either anymore. Can't beat a PC, except with Sony exclusives, but that seems to be coming to an end.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:29:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Get both.

/thread
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:32:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Xbox has a vastly superior controller, and gamepass is awesome. Plus, Halo being an exclusive made Xbox the only choice for me.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:35:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
demons souls - A PS3 game nobody cares about because elden ring exists
horizon forbidden butch lesbians - likely only a timed exclusive
god of soy - not an exclusive

View Quote
Keep coping Sony sister.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:36:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Xbox has a vastly superior controller
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:36:54 AM EDT
[#31]
I haven't gotten a next gen console yet, but plan on getting one before November.
Going with an Xbox X so I can play Starfield and any future Bethesda titles. (I'd be surprised if Fallout and Elder Scrolls aren't made xbox exclusive).
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:37:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Maybe the PS controller is perfect if you have tiny hands. Xbox suits adult sized hands much better.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:37:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Really?  The ps5 controller has really impressed me.
View Quote

Check out the serial number on the back of your controllers. Supposedly if it ends in "1" then it is susceptible to joystick drift and may last about a year or so. The new redesigned internals have an "A" at the end of the serial number.

Just picked up a series X last week on amazon for my kids birthday coming up.  He should be a happy kid.

So far I have set it up, updated, pre-downloaded games. It is certainly fast. And communicated with my surround receiver very well over HDMI. Menus are a bit retarded. But modern UI is retarded all around.

I also remember something about the ps5 vs xbox.  The ps5 managed to have a better cpu architecture. They can achieve higher speeds with lower temps. But the xbox had to use an older architecture. Essentially overlocking things to get to where they wanted. But much higher temps across the board. Which will degrade the life and use more power.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:38:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Maybe the PS controller is perfect if you have tiny hands. Xbox suits adult sized hands much better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will concede that the Xbox controller is probably better for fat cheeto fingers.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:40:08 AM EDT
[#35]
PS controller is garbage compared to xbox
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:41:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
The truth.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:44:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Offset joysticks just feel so retarded.

How many pieces of equipment do you hop in with joysticks just randomly placed all over the operator's station?

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:52:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Since we are talking controllers. Might as well have some pics for people that don't know what is being talked about.

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:53:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

ps controller is like an extension to my body, had one in my hands since first resident evil in 96.  always a gamer since a little kid, during my early 20s wasnt keeping up on whats was new, at a future wifes house and her brother was playing evil, called the date short straight to kmart and bought one.  she would watch me play and tell me how dumb i was because i was always lost and kept checking same rooms over and over.  we laugh today because Iam still wandering around lost checking same areas.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:57:55 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Yep.

Those complaining about the PS controller size probably haven’t handled a PS5 controller. It’s very different than previous PS controllers. Much better suited to bigger hands than in the past.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:57:57 AM EDT
[#41]
PS5 vs. Xbox Series X Airflow Testing: Cooling Design Efficiency & Flow Paths

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:02:52 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

PS Controller

vs

Xbox Controller

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:12:21 AM EDT
[#44]
When I was in this boat I went with xbox b/c they had Gears of War but that was while ago.  Curious to see where this leads, I may buy another console later this year.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:23:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Xbox all the way!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:31:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You don't use a PS controller when you play driving games or platformers?

View All Quotes

No. Because I don't play those kinds of games.  Keyboard/mouse for almost everything. Unless it's a game that needs these:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:35:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Ps5 is great, made a few ps4 games feel like completely new ones, like Ark, it plays so much better
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:50:37 AM EDT
[#49]
You understand that you can't just go to the store and buy these things right?

Amazon was backorder on Xbox Series S since November of last year. They were available last week and there were some left yesterday.

PS5 are selling for twice MSRP.

Biden's Central Planning really messed those up.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:32:34 AM EDT
[#50]
My son is pretty heavy in the Xbox camp.
When I let him try the new dualsense controller he almost immediately declared it superior to the series controller.
Said the only thing it's missing is the buttons on the back.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top