User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:56:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Exactly where I come down on this.

My favorite is the people who wear masks and gloves when driving alone in their car. Then use the same gloves to touch every piece of produce in the grocery store, as if they’re magical talismans or something.

If you have skin, and no open sores, you don’t need gloves. Just wash your hands. Masks and gloves have become a false sense of security, with people touching and adjusting them every few minutes.
Yeah, that works!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Everyone knew early one that N95 masks were better.

Before anyone really handle on how bad covid was, I wore them when out (even before the government said to).

After it became apparent that COVID was not a doomsday scenario when going to buy groceries, I switched to cloth. More for following store policy than really caring about "stopping the virus with the mask".

I've said it many times: People are retarded. A great number of people don't use masks property, so what's the damned point to waste N95's if they wear them improperly and are constantly touching everything in the store, their phone, and their face?

If I was in a high risk scenario I'd wear a better mask.

For 99.99% of people (this includes me), a shitty mask (or even no mask) is probably fine.

Exactly where I come down on this.

My favorite is the people who wear masks and gloves when driving alone in their car. Then use the same gloves to touch every piece of produce in the grocery store, as if they’re magical talismans or something.

If you have skin, and no open sores, you don’t need gloves. Just wash your hands. Masks and gloves have become a false sense of security, with people touching and adjusting them every few minutes.
Yeah, that works!

Yeah, they work to increase cases.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:04:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Did you guys know, if you hold your mask up to your ear you can hear doomers beating each other off.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:10:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just give me my full body space suit and helmet and leave me the fuck alone.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/121031/F661F558-E348-45C5-A9CD-420358B099E7_jpe-1783241.JPG

What if I want to hide my face?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:13:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Shuffle pits, the only way to be sure.
Attachment Attached File

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:23:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
"Masks don't work unless you have an N95" is accepted in all the peer reviewed broscientific literature.

Now you're complaining that someone is pointing out a year later that better masks and knowledge of their use should be available to the masses?

Can't have it both ways.
View Quote

Or maybe because those of us who know this and have had to work with them even before the covid retardation of the masses know that if everyone has already gone a year without them that at this point it's a fucking waste of time and effort. Covid is a boogeyman. It's killed just about as much as medical malpractice does in any given year. So yeah, the virus is no more deadly than your average doctor, and that's if you buy into the hyper inflated death tolls and hype, which is exactly that. Not to mention how decades of peer reviewed studies and research on isolation, lock downs, heard immunity, and yes, MASKS, all went out the fucking window as soon as covid hit, because somehow it's different than any other virus out there. Perhaps the Chinese should release another strain to bump it up to the same numbers as heart disease or smoking related COPD deaths for boomers, cause you know, these are rookie numbers.

Here's a pro tip: Avoid obviously sick people, don't touch your face, wash your fucking hands and live your life. Or don't. If you want to cower in fear, that's your prerogative, but leave the rest of us out of it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:24:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This
is true. I know this for a fact. If you wear a respirator, people will compliment you on have a really good mask.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If people really start bitching about my neck gaiters then I'm moving to a full-face respirator.  They probably won't even notice the exhalation valve on it.

This
is true. I know this for a fact. If you wear a respirator, people will compliment you on have a really good mask.

My work requires a fitted full-face respirator be on your person or within arms reach at all times in the labs. If you're not in your cubicle, you must be wearing a cloth mask that hooks over your ears. If you do something outside a fume hood that requires you wear the respirator, you must remain 6' from coworkers when talking, even if they are also wearing their respirators.

The provided, or a personally purchased, respirator is not allowed to be worn as a substitute for the cloth mask in daily use, specifically because of the exhaust valve. There are no approved cloth filters to go over exhaust valves.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:27:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This is, in effect, the argument the authors of the article are making.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I'm going to wear a damn mask, I'd much rather wear one rated to do something. Most masks are a waste of damn time imo

This is, in effect, the argument the authors of the article are making.

The real argument is that if you have already gone a year wearing a completely useless fucking garb over your face, why even bother at this point?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:33:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I wish covid would kill more people tbh
View Quote

Final Solution : Bill Burr (Full View)
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:37:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Well "The Atlantic" is a Liberal Hack of a rag so ....

I will not comply
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:42:33 AM EDT
[#10]
They tried to mandate N95’s at my facility a month ago.  Had to wear it they entire shift while at the facility.    

Compliance - ~30%.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:43:32 AM EDT
[#11]

So what you're saying is we need to load doomers onto cruise ships?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:49:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We've also been told endlessly that we're selfish and evil if we want an N95 because those need to be saved for the essential heroes. Can't have it both ways.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Masks don't work unless you have an N95" is accepted in all the peer reviewed broscientific literature.

Now you're complaining that someone is pointing out a year later that better masks and knowledge of their use should be available to the masses?

Can't have it both ways.
We've also been told endlessly that we're selfish and evil if we want an N95 because those need to be saved for the essential heroes. Can't have it both ways.

And that's exactly what they parroted when all this shit began.... Shortage of N95... Let's save them for first responders and hospital staff!

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:54:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I bought 100 3M N95s with exhaust valves for work the other day.
View Quote

I bought 10 for cleaning grain bins.  They stink!  I've got them sitting out, hoping the odor goes away.

Where are all the toxic waste containers for the disease laden masks?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:58:38 AM EDT
[#14]
I've actually seen people wearing the face shields, with no mask.

People are fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've actually seen people wearing the face shields, with no mask.

People are fucking stupid.
View Quote

The people doing food prep (hoagies, Chipotle, etc) wearing the ones that touch the forehead make me chuckle.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:37:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I wear a gaiter specifically because it does nothing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:44:35 AM EDT
[#17]
How about that?  I just read a full admission that the masks they've been forcing everyone to wear are completely useless (except they'll hang their hat on 1% effective).  Since this mask crap started, I've been saying that the people who are worried about it should wear a half mask cartridge respirator that actually offers protection and then leave the masses of normal, healthy people who aren't worried about it alone.  When I don't wear a mask, it's amazing the number of people who literally turn their heads, sidestep, and even cower (seriously) when I walk by.  But if I have a 0.004" thick spandex/poly neck gaiter pulled up barely over my nose, it works as an actual veil of illusion that they are "safe".  It's totally useless against covid, but 100% effective at repelling Karens.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:50:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I watched 2 different guys at home depot look at me and then take their own masks off today.

Only way we're going to "end" covid is by deciding that we're done.

Plus, it's served it's purpose, so I'm guessing we won't be talking about it within a couple of months.
View Quote

This is my experience as well. I walk into an establishment unmasked, at least two other people observe my actions and decide to follow. It only takes one.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:16:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I like how for the COVID deniers, better masks are an OUTRAGE lol. Yes, it's so terrible that some people wrote an article arguing that it would be great if a higher quality product was on the market.

View Quote
This is especially true when you consider that plenty here likely carry a pistol every day to protect themselves.

To my mind, the efficacy of masks has really been captured in the flu statistics. The fact that flu is nearly nonexistent this year shows that either masks and social distancing are incredibly effective at preventing it (but having minimal effect against COVID), or the COVID stats are mistaking the flu for COVID almost all of the time. It's likely some of each, given the inaccuracy of testing.

To take stupidity to the next level, some of the hospitals around here have banned ANY masks with exhalation valves, including N95 respirators. Bandana on your face...fine....respirator with valve....you're not coming in.

The best parody of this I've seen was on a cartoon on Facebook. Two guys were in a swimming pool. One says "I felt something warm". The other one says "I peed in the pool. Don't worry, my trunks protect you from me, and yours protect me from you."

With all we've learned about this, you have to assume there is some level of viral load in any indoor environment with a significant amount of traffic. Why wouldn't you want to protect yourself?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:19:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Mask-wearing guidance: a timeline of slow-to-shift messaging

Anyone can claim they're following CDC recommendations, just not current CDC recommendations

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:24:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:30:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This is especially true when you consider that plenty here likely carry a pistol every day to protect themselves.

To my mind, the efficacy of masks has really been captured in the flu statistics. The fact that flu is nearly nonexistent this year shows that either masks and social distancing are incredibly effective at preventing it (but having minimal effect against COVID), or the COVID stats are mistaking the flu for COVID almost all of the time. It's likely some of each, given the inaccuracy of testing.

To take stupidity to the next level, some of the hospitals around here have banned ANY masks with exhalation valves, including N95 respirators. Bandana on your face...fine....respirator with valve....you're not coming in.

The best parody of this I've seen was on a cartoon on Facebook. Two guys were in a swimming pool. One says "I felt something warm". The other one says "I peed in the pool. Don't worry, my trunks protect you from me, and yours protect me from you."

With all we've learned about this, you have to assume there is some level of viral load in any indoor environment with a significant amount of traffic. Why wouldn't you want to protect yourself?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like how for the COVID deniers, better masks are an OUTRAGE lol. Yes, it's so terrible that some people wrote an article arguing that it would be great if a higher quality product was on the market.

#1 Because this is all overblown bullshit that was weaponized to hurt Trumps re election/economy.
#2 Until a safe and proven vaccine is developed ( a quickly developed vaccine with unknown long term side effects does not count IMHO) only acquiring herd immunity will slow it's spread.
#3 Even with a vaccine the virus is still out there and you will get it eventually and you have a 99%+ chance of surviving it. At that point you have developed antibodies against it and it's one step closer to herd immunity..

#5 This is the big one, lock downs,mask mandates ect. don't work and only prolong attaining herd immunity. End the bullshit and let mother nature take it's course,yes people will die and they were likely going to die regardless of any steps taken. Meanwhile,lets continue to destroy the economy and national morale with more ineffective .gov intrusion into our lives.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#23]
The same COVID doomers from February are still dooming. Can you imagine a life as sad as that of a doomer?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:49:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

#1 Because this is all overblown bullshit that was weaponized to hurt Trumps re election/economy.
#2 Until a safe and proven vaccine is developed ( a quickly developed vaccine with unknown long term side effects does not count IMHO) only acquiring herd immunity will slow it's spread.
#3 Even with a vaccine the virus is still out there and you will get it eventually and you have a 99%+ chance of surviving it. At that point you have developed antibodies against it and it's one step closer to herd immunity..

#5 This is the big one, lock downs,mask mandates ect. don't work and only prolong attaining herd immunity. End the bullshit and let mother nature take it's course,yes people will die and they were likely going to die regardless of any steps taken. Meanwhile,lets continue to destroy the economy and national morale with more ineffective .gov intrusion into our lives.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet the flu is non-existent because many are working from home or attending school remotely, so they can't spread it through the normal channels. But that kind of isolation isn't a viable solution.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:20:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just give me my full body space suit and helmet and leave me the fuck alone.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/121031/F661F558-E348-45C5-A9CD-420358B099E7_jpe-1783241.JPG

Nice.  Gotta see if they sell a tinted version.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:26:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Our new sheriff came out and said he wasn't enforcing any mask crap. Now we will see how he is with gun rights.
View Quote

@IdahoDoug
Norris has said he won't enforce unconstitutional gun laws. I think we'll get to see.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:29:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Maybe I need to start wearing a shemagh in public...  hmm...
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:51:53 AM EDT
[#28]
I wore the mask and still got covid, no more diapers on the face, It does not work
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:52:10 AM EDT
[#29]
I used my last genuine 3M N95 mask yesterday while pouring concrete into my mixer.  I then used it to sweep the garage floor.  Kinda why I bought them years ago.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:53:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I've actually seen people wearing the face shields, with no mask. People are fucking stupid.
View Quote

Those in charge say that the masks are to stop the droplets, so I'm sure the face shield people think that they're doing more than anyone who wears a mask.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top