Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2022 12:45:46 PM EDT
Stopped by for lunch and looked behind the bar and was amazed….Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

There were two more shelves full of quality Agave liquor that for some reason I guess I didn’t take a pic of…..I remember bottle of G4, Tequila Ocho, el Tesoro and some others I’ve never seen….
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 12:51:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you allowed to disclose the name of the restaurant ?
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 12:51:13 PM EDT
[#2]
What's the best one there, in your opinion?

Avion Reserva 44 is the best I have had and I don't see it there.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 1:00:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's the best one there, in your opinion?

Avion Reserva 44 is the best I have had and I don't see it there.
View Quote

I haven’t tried many of those top shelf brands they have there and since it was lunch on a Sunday i wasn’t prepared to try any but I can see many nights of dinner and drinks there in the near future. I will give a full report back once we start opening all of those various bottles

The restaurant is La Mesa
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 4:37:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 9:27:36 PM EDT
[#6]
The Ocho, Gran Dovejo, and El Tesoro are good ones. I wouldn't hesitate to try the G4.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 9:32:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Paradiso is such an incredible tequila. That's a solid metric to see that a place is taking tequila seriously.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 12:04:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Ocho, Gran Dovejo, and El Tesoro are good ones. I wouldn't hesitate to try the G4.
View Quote

Yes - I have several bottles of all those in my home stash.....G4 being one of my wife’s favorites. . I will say I’m not a huge fan of their (or any that I’ve had ) reposado.

I’m looking froward to trying all of those tequila’s I’ve not had before. The paradiso was one on my bucket list.....but I’ve never seen it locally. I know it can be ordered , but I’ve had a few bad experiences with expensive talked about liquor that I didn’t enjoy - so this will give me the chance to try it without committing.....
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 12:59:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I was also a bit hesitant to buy a bottle of Paradiso, but finally gave it a try this last summer and am glad that I did.     If you can give it a taste at your local restsurant, I would highly recommend that you go for it.

That is a great tequila selection.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 1:14:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes - I have several bottles of all those in my home stash.....G4 being one of my wife’s favorites. . I will say I’m not a huge fan of their (or any that I’ve had ) reposado.

View Quote

You're not a fan of G4's repo ? Or repo's in general ?
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 8:05:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You're not a fan of G4's repo ? Or repo's in general ?
View Quote

Generally, I find time in the barrel gives it a bitter taste
Truthfully I haven’t had but a few repo’s by choice and all but G4 were in mixed drinks. I tried the G4 reposado neat and didn’t care for it……maybe it needed some air time. .
But the blanco is awesome.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 4:16:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Generally, I find time in the barrel gives it a bitter taste
Truthfully I haven’t had but a few repo’s by choice and all but G4 were in mixed drinks. I tried the G4 reposado neat and didn’t care for it……maybe it needed some air time. .
But the blanco is awesome.
View Quote

Yeah, repo's are a mixed bag of ' could still be a blanco ' and ' should be an anejo '.

Offhand I recall Pasote & Fortaleza being light on barrel influence;  El Tesoro & Gran Dovejo had more barrel influence .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top