Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2020 11:42:09 AM EDT
Have a pair of Hexohm v2 running the same head on both, time for new batteries - someone suggested Sanyo NCR18650GA, but im not familiar with the amps / electrical side of this, are these safe?

Also guess I need some help with coils, id be willing to pay or buy the tools necessary, I just have no idea where to start and don't want to blow my face off.

thanks.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 2:06:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Familiarize yourself with Ohm's law and Watt's law. If you ever make your own coils or use mechanical mods this is a must. You can use an online calculator like steam-engine to make it easier.

Or just tell what device and atomizer you're using
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 1:15:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I would stick with the tried and true 18650s; Samsung 30Q or HG LG2, purchased from a reputable vendor, to avoid counterfeits. I like Illumn for batteries.

But you only told us what mods you're using. What tank/atomizer are you using? More than likely, the batteries I mentioned are more than capable of powering your setup safely. Let us know what you're using, though.

As for coils, that too depends on what tank/atomizer you're using. I'm guessing some sort of rebuildable, since you mentioned possibly getting tools. I became too lazy to keep rolling my own coils, so I just buy premade Clapton coils that I can use in my rebuildables. Wotofo brand, I believe. I still have a ton of wire to roll my own if the need arises, though.

Link Posted: 11/8/2020 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
I would stick with the tried and true 18650s; Samsung 30Q or HG LG2, purchased from a reputable vendor, to avoid counterfeits. I like Illumn for batteries.

But you only told us what mods you're using. What tank/atomizer are you using? More than likely, the batteries I mentioned are more than capable of powering your setup safely. Let us know what you're using, though.

As for coils, that too depends on what tank/atomizer you're using. I'm guessing some sort of rebuildable, since you mentioned possibly getting tools. I became too lazy to keep rolling my own coils, so I just buy premade Clapton coils that I can use in my rebuildables. Wotofo brand, I believe. I still have a ton of wire to roll my own if the need arises, though.

View Quote

This right here...
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the green Samsung 18650 now, wrap is starting to shred so its time for new.

im using this rda - https://www.528custom.com/collections/frontpage/products/goon-v1-5-rda-stainless-steel?variant=30091257282665

as mentioned above I guess ill have to spend some time becoming familiar with ohms etc and learning to build, this came with backup coils which seem very similar to what I have, maybe a drop thicker gauge wise.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 8:30:34 PM EDT
[#5]
hex ohm V2 mod
Goon V 1.5 RDA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top