Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2020 3:53:40 PM EDT
Delete.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 5:09:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a question regarding a heloc for investment property.

Applied 90-120 days ago.

Dti, and all info checked out 30 days ago and appraisal was ordered by lender. Was advised I didn't need to provide credit card. Appraisal more than covered requested amount of credit.

Lender told me to open an account with them and I did so, and the day after I get notified that the underwriter did the dti math wrong and I have to resubmit a bunch of stuff and it will take longer.

So my question at this point is, can I walk from this deal with no repercussions or collections, credit dings etc.
My thought is if my dti was not good enough to move to appraisal one should have not been ordered and running a business poorly costs.

As a general rule I pay all my obligations, but I am less than thrilled with the customer service, bad business and me feeling like a bait and switch was done.

Ims are ok as well.

Thanks!
View Quote
Not to much experience here, but the only thing i think that would affect your credit is the hard inquiry they did
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 6:07:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not to much experience here, but the only thing i think that would affect your credit is the hard inquiry they did
View Quote
Yeah, I figured the same.
My biggest concern is if I withdraw my application and tell them to pound sand that they try to stick me with an appraisal fee, and then ding my credit or submit to collections.
Given that I was not told I would have to pay for, and 2nd for an appraisal requested due to the fact by their own admission they ran numbers incorrectly.

Never once have I not paid a bill, arguably some I shouldn't have just to keep things smooth.

This case I figure 90 plus days total, and at least 30 plus days after going to final is enough payment. The fact they made a mistake is on them not me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top