Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:12:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Good suggestions.

One thing that really gets mine is to do something, not give something.

Do the dishes. Fold the laundry. Run the vacuum. Cook (or bring home, if you're not a cook) dinner.

Don't neglect date night. Doesn't have to be fancy. It has to be you spending time together because you want to. Our kids are nearly ready to go. It's gonna be just us. You don't want to be looking at a stranger, when your nest is empty.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:13:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sounds like you’re on the right track. I dunno. I think my husband’s getting me a couple ducks this weekend. Maybe get her some ducks?
View Quote

This is a good answer.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:14:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy a pack of little colored post-it notes and write "You last cleaned this area on DD-MMM-YYYY." and leave them on bookshelves, under beds, in corners, etc. Women love helpful reminders.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:14:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Simpin ain't easy

Edit: get her a snow shovel of her own
View Quote

Lol.  Fluffy has the new guys trained already.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#5]
A new cover for the ironing board at Xmas
The occasional book on dieting
Some hair removal creme, or a link to a local place offering facial hair removal
If you really want to treat her
....there are many little things that all add up
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:16:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I fill my wife's gas tank up for her every Sunday morning so she doesn't have to do it herself.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:17:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I do this stuff too but honestly not often enough.....Generally it's just flowers or a simple note. Sappy, perhaps but generally she makes me a better person (she does the same to me BTW.)

Surprisingly no one has joked about giving "little gifts" as euphemism for sex.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:18:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I give my wife little gifts, usually millions at a time, on a regular basis.

Think small and go from there.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:22:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I always stop at her place of work with a bouquet of flowers any time I take time off from work.

Quite often when I buy myself a bottle of whiskey, I'll pick up a bottle of wine for her.

I used to stop at a boutique and buy lingerie for her once a month, but that was a waste of time and money.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:24:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:27:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Good suggestions.

One thing that really gets mine is to do something, not give something.

Do the dishes. Fold the laundry. Run the vacuum. Cook (or bring home, if you're not a cook) dinner.

Don't neglect date night. Doesn't have to be fancy. It has to be you spending time together because you want to. Our kids are nearly ready to go. It's gonna be just us. You don't want to be looking at a stranger, when your nest is empty.
View Quote

Idk, that can be fun too ;)
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:27:54 PM EDT
[#13]
She always wants to cuddle. So I bought her a cat.  I do little things like run her car through the car wash or fill her tank when I notice it is empty.  Or I do the dishes for her.  
Now if I really want to score points, I send her listings of lake houses that just went up for sale.  Just the listing. It's up to her to figure out how to pay for it.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Oh yeah, something else that's expensive that will be put at the back of some drawer that I will never see again in the history of my never ending nightmare.

Did the flowers unexpectedly thing for a long time, she still barely notices when I'm around.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lingerie... the littler the better.

Oh yeah, something else that's expensive that will be put at the back of some drawer that I will never see again in the history of my never ending nightmare.

Did the flowers unexpectedly thing for a long time, she still barely notices when I'm around.

Sounds like she treats you like a god.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:29:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Put a single earring on the floor or seat of your car for her to find, the more expensive the better. Women love out-of-the-ordinary gifts.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#16]
I remember when Fluffy bought Crabby a snow shovel and I teared up because it was such a thoughtful gift.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:30:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Buy a pack of little colored post-it notes and write "You last cleaned this area on DD-MMM-YYYY." and leave them on bookshelves, under beds, in corners, etc. Women love helpful reminders.
View Quote

LOL !!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:31:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Ammo. What she really wants, is ammo.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:35:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Step 1: cut a hole in the box
View Quote

This really should have been the first post.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:39:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Step 2
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:40:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Send a card in the mail to her, like legit card even if it costs you 50 cents and comes back to you in a few days I bet she will appreciate it.
Flowers
Make her dinner
Bath Bombs
Bottle of Wine/Wine Membership
Massage
Manicure/Pedicure
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Gift card for massage.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:44:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Being that today is Thursday it is also Flower Thursday.

Every Thursday for the past 15 years I have gotten my wife flowers from the flower stand in Krogers.

View Quote

Every week she gets flowers.
Flowers from Costco,Sams or grocery store not expensive just something to say you are thinking of her.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:44:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:45:26 PM EDT
[#25]
For our first Valentine's Day I sent my wife a dozen red roses. Cliche, but she loved them. I made it a tradition and sent them yearly for 7 years or so.

After one Valentine's she said, "You don't always have to send roses." Like she was tired of them, or something. Haven't sent her roses since.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Cookbook on sammich making.
Specialty sammich making stuffs like a panini grill
Your favorite sammich making materials
Tableware to serve said sammichs on
Bib to prevent sammich contamination of shirt fronts.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:50:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Its no wonder 50% of marriages end in divorce... Spoiled women get used to being spoiled... A spoiled woman is NEVER happy...
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:50:43 PM EDT
[#28]
I go to the art store, get the square cardstock that looks like antique paper and write the Mrs. a love note. I learned how to fold them like they did back in the day when there werent envelopes and then I seal it with wax. Most of the time I have 3-4 of these hidden in plain sight for her to find or I'll sneak one in to her purse to find when she gets to work.

Costs me around $1.25 for the paper, $3 for the wax (wedding invitation aisle), and 20 minutes of prep.

Works like a charm.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#29]
I plan on doing a boudoir shoot for her and having the pictures of me put in a book for her.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:52:52 PM EDT
[#30]
I gift my wife little things throughout the week.  Champaign. Wine. Ribeyes.   On New Year's eve I give her the first Valentine card and chocolate of the year.

Best of all she loves the fresh tomatoes I grow for her.  And apples and peaches from our trees.  And the flowers.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:53:00 PM EDT
[#31]
You wife wants NVGs and an MP5SD.  If she doesn’t like them, I’m sure someone in your house can find use for them.

For a personalized gift, there are kits for cloning... yourself.  Do this then leave them in random places around the house.  Like in her lunchbox before she goes to work.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Gas station bottles of win and scratch off lottery tickets.

Might not get me laid, but I get less questions about how much nods and gun parts are costing me.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:58:13 PM EDT
[#33]
I surprise the wife with paint night pretty often. Buy 2 canvas’, a little paint set and she gets to pick a Bob Ross painting/video. Always fun to see how we paint the same thing but our paintings come out so differently.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:58:45 PM EDT
[#34]
The only thing my wife wants is me doing housework and work around the house

candy, wine, flowers, etc don't mean shit.

Her idea of foreplay is me cleaning the bathroom
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:00:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Ammo. What she really wants, is ammo.
View Quote

Mine wants her own PVS14 and a small helmet.

We were out for a night hike last night and I brought my 7/helmet set up. She thought it was sooo cool to be able to see in the dark.

I should have known to get her more involved. She already has been turned into a gun nut and is more than on board with buying more.

Now, she's going to be a wizard eyes fiend.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:02:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Simpin ain't easy

View Quote

You incel bro?

'21er go figure
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:02:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Send flowers and chocolate to her at work from "Your secret admirer." She'll tell you all about it when she gets home.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:03:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You incel bro?

'21er go figure
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Simpin ain't easy

You incel bro?

'21er go figure

@FluffyTheCat

We need your sage words.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Leave little love notes in her car or purse. They like when you are giving a little effort to make them happy.
View Quote

Some of my favorite notes are:

“You forgot to do the dishes”

“I can’t find the sandwiches you made”

“Bitch better have my money”
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:05:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This is something a child would do for his Mommy.  Do not do this.  This will not attract a wife to a husband.  She will instead begin to think more about the cute guy at the coffee shop who glances at her tits whenever she comes in.

No, it won't.  At best it might lead to unenthusiastic "duty sex" to stop the husband for whining for sex for a few weeks.

Girls do these things for other girls.  Do women really want this kind of thing from a man?  Even if she does, to what degree must a husband feminize himself like this before she begins to lose attraction?  That cute guy at the coffee shop is already on her mind without having to do any of this corny bullshit.
View Quote

Dude...for someone with a handle like yours, your posts here have been...interesting.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:05:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:06:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Send flowers and chocolate to her at work from "Your secret admirer." She'll tell you all about it when she gets home.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:06:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Its no wonder 50% of marriages end in divorce... Spoiled women get used to being spoiled... A spoiled woman is NEVER happy...
View Quote

There's a big difference between a spoiled woman and an appreciative one. I get my wife pretty much anything she asks for but that's because she appreciates it and doesn't expect it.

Still kinda weird when I get her something and she gets angry at me for spending money on her though. Still haven't figured that one out yet.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:06:37 PM EDT
[#44]
When I go to Canada fishing for a week I always leave notes for her around the house. Little restaurant by work makes rice pudding. She loves it so I bring some home to her every so often. Sneak a candy bar into her purse so it’sa surprise when she opens her purse ( don’t do this in the summer)
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:07:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hos is this not the first post?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:07:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Work gloves.

Bitches love work gloves.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:08:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I give my wife little gifts, usually millions at a time, on a regular basis.

Think small and go from there.
View Quote

Haha You were only one post late.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Just about every decent grocery store with a floral department will have a few potted orchids. They look intimidating, but they are stupid easy to take care of. Put it in your bathroom on the sink next to where you brush your teeth, put a dixie cup of water in the pot once a week, and it will bloom 4 to 6 weeks at a minimum. When the bloom dies, throw it away...
View Quote

My wife keeps hers. When the stem dies, cut it off. In a few weeks another will sprout and bloom. We had three or four at one time, each in a different stage of growth.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:10:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I plan on doing a boudoir shoot for her and having the pictures of me put in a book for her.
View Quote

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top