Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2022 6:53:30 PM EDT
EDIT I found the link that the post was originally looking for. Let's make this combat creepy stories thread.

Original post: https://www.wearethemighty.com/mighty-trending/war-afghanistan-paranormal-experiences/

--Edited:  Made link hot - brass
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:23:34 PM EDT
[#1]
In for the link, I hadn't heard of this but it's something I'd be interested in.

OP, I've written some military/paranormal short fiction with one taking place in AFG.  I've made it free for tomorrow, August 16 if you're interested.  It's titled DET CORD AND THE BUDDHA TREE.  It was actually inspired by a story I heard from a Vietnam vet and some things I saw in Afghanistan (nothing paranormal really, just scenery details for this one)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GQWIY1M?ref_=dbs_p_pwh_rwt_anx_cl_3&storeType=ebooks

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:34:08 PM EDT
[#2]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_192/2351248_Metathread-Personal-Creepy-Paranormal-UFO-Cryptid-Stories.html

Is this the one?
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:52:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm so in on this thread.  I've always found the topic super interesting.  I did a couple of tours in Iraq.  Fairly nasty places, mainly Fallujah.  I never saw or experienced anything myself, but I'll swear to my dying day that that's the one place on the Earth (sever deployments as a Frogman all over the World) that I swear I could always sense a feeling of something really old and evil.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 2:31:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm so in on this thread.  I've always found the topic super interesting.  I did a couple of tours in Iraq.  Fairly nasty places, mainly Fallujah.  I never saw or experienced anything myself, but I'll swear to my dying day that that's the one place on the Earth (sever deployments as a Frogman all over the World) that I swear I could always sense a feeling of something really old and evil.
View Quote

Agree 100%. I spent 2 of my 8.5yrs deployed in Iraq, mainly Ramadi and I always felt that creepy feeling. Always. Like you’re being watched and not by the creepy old NG chaplain that pulls shifts on the GBSS. Thats the perfect description. Like being in the presence of an ancient evil.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 3:26:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 5:27:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Very old city, as well as being central to the Mesopotamian region, which has prehistoric roots. Who could ever fathom all of what has taken place in that region over time, & the sheer significance of human intellectual developments that have occurred there, & which are the technological building blocks that persist to this day. Amazing place & region.

My dad was born & raised there, but he didn't talk about it a lot. I assume he may have just sort of taken it for granted, which I guess I can understand somewhat. But the history & significance is still undeniable.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 5:15:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_192/2351248_Metathread-Personal-Creepy-Paranormal-UFO-Cryptid-Stories.html

Is this the one?
View Quote

I think* it might have been in the "Another Creepy Thread." I guess I'll scroll through the 26 pages when I get some time.

EDIT=

I think this one was it:

https://www.wearethemighty.com/mighty-trending/war-afghanistan-paranormal-experiences/

Here is another one that looks interesting (didn't read it yet.) https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2017/02/bizarre-encounters-with-the-weird-in-the-middle-east-wars/
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 7:41:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

There’s something to it. Satan gonna have his future governmental seat there. Sooooo, something aboot it must have (evil) spiritual significance

Revelation 17:4-6

4The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls. She held in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the impurities of her sexual immorality. 5And on her forehead a mysterious name was written:

BABYLON THE GREAT,
THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES
AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
The Mystery Explained
6I could see that the woman was drunk with the blood of the saints and witnesses for Jesus. And I was utterly amazed at the sight of her.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 11:47:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I will ask my son to tell me more about what his patrols would see in the sky at night. He told me the lights with colors, angles and speeds, nobody could explain. Some things was down right spooky he said.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:10:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Here is the story of the one that stuck out in my mind that I was looking for, it was in the first link I posted above:

"Equally as bizarre as any of these accounts of strange intruders is that of another soldier who was operating with a special forces squad in the mountains of Afghanistan with the mission of setting up a hide-to-survey in a village several miles away that was believed to be harboring a Taliban person of interest who the military had been tracking for years. The squad’s main goal at the time was to observe the village for a few days for any suspicious activity or persons, as well as to collect any useful information that could be later used in a raid. To this end they set up a team of six men at the base and two others whose job was to creep in closer to observe from a different vantage point.

Things went well at first, but on the second day the squad began having trouble maintaining radio contact with the observation team and the TOC (Tactical Operations Center). They found that transmissions were plagued by static and sometimes would not go through at all. It was chalked up to the magnetic content of the rocks in the area and the witness and some of the men went out to re-position the Satcom in order to get a better signal. As they were doing this at around dusk, one of the soldiers said he spotted a man wearing a white robe who looked to be flitting and running through the rocks outside of the village. When this was reported the men were immediately suspicious, and the witness would say:

There was something odd about the way he described it, but we were more worried about being compromised. Needless to say, we folded up our sh*t and got ready to move out. We weren’t going to end up in some Lone Survivor type clusterf*ck. We were the f*ck out of there. So at this point it’s late dusk, and we were moving pretty quick. Everyone is on high f*cking alert, we are a small element in a remote area without ready access to any kind of quick reaction force and we had no reliable comms.
Bizarre paranormal encounters in the War in Afghanistan
The team continued their hasty trek back towards their outpost, and the witness took up the rear, walking backwards and making sure they weren’t being followed or leaving a clear trail, his gun trained on the darkness the whole time. As he did this he spotted a fleeting glimpse of something white moving in the distance, although he could not be sure just what it was or if it was following them. Oddly, he would later report that at the time he had begun to sense the smell of freshly baked bread permeating the air and a sudden onset of a feeling of peace and relaxation, which he sensed was emanating from the direction they had come from. This sensation was so profound that he actually slowed down, and thoughts danced through his head of running over to this comfortable place he felt pulling at him from where they had been. He shook off this daze and reported to the other men what he had seen and that he thought they were possibly being trailed, to which an officer replied that he had seen something white moving as well. The witness would say:

I asked my dudes to keep their eyes open for anything, because I thought I had seen someone trailing us. Our senior scout piped in “That’s strange mom, (I was mom, long story) I thought I saw some dude in white on the ridge in front of us.” At this point all the hairs on my neck are standing up. Everything felt strange. The air felt heavy, and sort of sweet. The silence hummed loudly.
With the night steadily moving in, a sense of urgency, panic, and dread set in and the men picked up the pace, even though they were already exhausted from hauling their heavy packs over the uneasy, rugged terrain. As darkness creeped over the landscape to slowly envelope them in pitch blackness, they put on their NODS (night vision goggles), turning the world into a green haze. The night was incredibly silent, even more than usual, and there was no movement out there in the mountainous moonscape bathed in the green cast of the night vision goggles. But this eerie silence would not last, and this is when things allegedly got very strange indeed. The witness describes it best:

Hallucinations happen. But what happened was beyond comprehension. First, we heard a sound like a huge airplane taking off. A loud low buzz that slowly increased in pitch. We had to yell over comms to hear each other. Everywhere I looked, I kept seeing what looked like glowing eyes staring back at me, but once i would center my focus on where I saw them, they would disappear. We were f*cking panicked. Everyone was holding their rifles at the high ready, we were expecting some kind of ambush attack and we started talking out the RP we would meet at if we needed to start a peel and move. Then it all just stopped. Everything got dark. The only thing I could hear was my breath and the blood pumping in my head. We stopped, dug into the side of the mountain, and performed SLLS (Stop look listen Smell) for about 10 minutes. Nothing. Not even bugs. The air and the land were silent.
Bizarre paranormal encounters in the War in Afghanistan
Baffled, frightened, and overcome with fatigue, the men quickly resumed their trudge through the wilderness back to their camp, very aware that something very possibly malignant and beyond their experience was out there in the dark somewhere. As they scrambled over loose rock and through scrub and brush the witness claims that he suddenly noticed on a parallel hillside the very clear sight of a man dressed in light colored robes, which seemed to be slowly making his way towards their position. Bizarrely, it seemed that that the stranger was just passing through any obstacles he came across as he moved slowly but inexorably closer. The witness would describe the rest of the surreal encounter thus:

He seemed to melt over and around the rocks, it was f*cking unnatural the way he was moving. Through the NODS, his eyes glowed. I scoped up on him, and saw that he was looking directly at me. It was pitch black, there is no way he could have saw us from that distance without any kind of night optics. Suddenly, he stopped. He picked up one of his limbs and held it in the air, almost like he was waving at me. Then the arm melted back into his form, like it wasn’t an arm at all, but some kind of extendable proboscis that was meant to look like an arm from a distance. I was about to ask the guy’s if they could see him, when he suddenly disappeared.
The witness also saw lights flickering in the distance near the town, which he presumed to be the enemy closing in on the area where the booming sound had originated. The team moved on and managed to make it back to their recovery location. They went on to recount their strange experiences and were reportedly told that it was probably all attributable to weariness, panic, and adrenaline. The whole thing was more or less forgotten until a few days later, when the story would take another weird turn. According to the witness:

The reason we did the observation was so we could bring the intel back for a raid that was to be conducted. The raid was ‘successful’, in the sense that finding a deer hit by a car is a successful deer hunt. Apparently, the team that moved into the village found it completely abandoned. They also found several men in the area where I had seen the lights the night we were hauling ass out of there. The corpses had been ripped to shreds, and based on the sheer amount of blood, the general consensus was that there were more men that were killed there than just the bodies that were found. It went in the official records as a successful raid with several enemy KIA’s. Unofficially? No one has any idea what killed them. All I know is whatever it was…it chose. It chose those men and not us."
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#11]
OP, if you are on Instagram, follow an account called tales_from_the_gridsquare.

Their description is "Paranormal Mil Stories".

@anono

Link Posted: 8/20/2022 11:01:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I think* it might have been in the "Another Creepy Thread." I guess I'll scroll through the 26 pages when I get some time.

EDIT=

I think this one was it:

https://www.wearethemighty.com/mighty-trending/war-afghanistan-paranormal-experiences/

Here is another one that looks interesting (didn't read it yet.) https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2017/02/bizarre-encounters-with-the-weird-in-the-middle-east-wars/
View Quote

That first link really sucked me in. Thanks for posting
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 1:27:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 1:51:29 PM EDT
[#14]
The best part of arfcom is the stories as it gets closer to October.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 11:57:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
OP, if you are on Instagram, follow an account called tales_from_the_gridsquare.

Their description is "Paranormal Mil Stories".

@anono

View Quote

Good tip, thanks.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 2:50:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 1:34:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

There’s something to it. Satan gonna have his future governmental seat there. Sooooo, something aboot it must have (evil) spiritual significance

4The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls. She held in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the impurities of her sexual immorality. 5And on her forehead a mysterious name was written:

BABYLON THE GREAT,
The Mystery Explained
6I could see that the woman was drunk with the blood of the saints and witnesses for Jesus. And I was utterly amazed at the sight of her.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

BABYLON THE GREAT,
The Mystery Explained

Already working on it. They are trying to bring Islam Judaism and Christianity together under one flag and unite the “Abrahamic” religions.

A One World Religion Headquarters is set to open in 2022. The headquarters will be called The Abrahamic Family House and is being built on an island in the middle eastern city of Abu Dhabi.

The headquarters is being done in collaboration with Pope Francis and Sunni Muslim leader, Sheikh Ahmen al-Tayeb, after they both signed a global peace covenant called the Document of Human Fraternity for World Peace.

https://backtojerusalem.com/one-world-religion-headquarters-set-to-open-next-year/

https://www.vaticannews.va/en/vatican-city/news/2021-06/abu-dhabi-abrahamic-family-house-2022-human-fraternity.html

Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Not following you at all. Where do you see evil or Satan in an attempt to bring together the three major world religions in peace and respect?  The whole purpose of a complex with a church, synagogue and mosque is to promote understanding between the religions. Isn't that the furthest thing from dividing them and promoting violence?  I'm not seeing evil here at all.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 11:17:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not following you at all. Where do you see evil or Satan in an attempt to bring together the three major world religions in peace and respect?  The whole purpose of a complex with a church, synagogue and mosque is to promote understanding between the religions. Isn't that the furthest thing from dividing them and promoting violence?  I'm not seeing evil here at all.
View Quote

Long story short. According to prophecy in the scripture the Antichrist(Satan incarnate) will come in peaceably for 3.5 years uniting most of the world under his one world government and uniting everyone under a one world religion. It’ll be a time of false peace. Some time around that 3.5 year mark he’ll be wounded  to death( some believe a Jew will attempt to kill him or Israel will figure out who he really is and attempt to take him out) what matters is he receives a deadly wound and heals from something that should have killed him( some believe he just regenerates and gets back up, others think he fully dies and pulls off a resurrection) either way he’s supposed to day but heals. After this he declares himself to be God and sits in the temple of God(many believe this to be a 3rd temple in Jerusalem). At this point he has a false prophet that has a image of him built and requires the whole world to bow down and worship it otherwise you’ll be executed. Further he will require everyone to have his mark on them to buy, sell or trade. On top of all this the real God will begin pouring out his wrath on the earth, Antichrist and all his followers there will be many plagues, demonic creatures coming from the bottomless pit and four angels bound in the Euphrates will be released and kill a third of the population.

The reason Christians see the Abraham house thing as bad is because the only way to create “Unity” is for Christians to deny Jesus Christ is the son of God, God manifest in the flesh. The other two religions say they worship the same God but they deny that Jesus Christ is that God manifest in the flesh. Jesus Christ being God in the flesh is the foundation of Christianity.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 4:31:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The reason Christians see the Abraham house thing as bad is because the only way to create “Unity” is for Christians to deny Jesus Christ is the son of God, God manifest in the flesh. The other two religions say they worship the same God but they deny that Jesus Christ is that God manifest in the flesh. Jesus Christ being God in the flesh is the foundation of Christianity.
View Quote

Worrying about Muslims uniting with Christians with Jews is like worrying that suddenly you are transported to another dimension. In fact, the probabilities are even less. It will never happen.

Anyways, back to the ghosts.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 9:04:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 5:20:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Agreed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

This. I can't do Reddit as any opportunity to share personal stories always devolves into a creative writing exercise.  

The Arf spooky threads at least try to seem genuine, and we have some excellent story tellers on here.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 6:09:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This is a good listen.

https://sasquatchchronicles.com/sc-ep778-military-encounters-what-is-a-box-witch/

Great episode of paranormal witness based on the infamous outpost in Afghanistan.

https://www.syfy.com/paranormal-witness/season-4/episode-12/beneath-the-rock-0
View Quote

Great links, thanks.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 11:03:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 11:42:23 PM EDT
[#26]
They made a movie about it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 11:23:34 PM EDT
[#27]
I asked a missionary at church about it. He confirmed. He said if folks died in a house the house tended to stay vacant as the djin set up shop.  And then another story of a soccer field that folks wouldn’t cross at night. (Shudder)
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 11:28:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I will ask my son to tell me more about what his patrols would see in the sky at night. He told me the lights with colors, angles and speeds, nobody could explain. Some things was down right spooky he said.
View Quote

Well don’t just tease us!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 11:42:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

There have been some really great threads. I started reading the 50 Foot Ant stories and all the subsequent writings that guy did. I'd never been that sucked in to a story or characters before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

There have been some really great threads. I started reading the 50 Foot Ant stories and all the subsequent writings that guy did. I'd never been that sucked in to a story or characters before.

I thought of 50 foot ant as soon as I started reading this thread. I still go back through them every couple years
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 10:01:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 7:59:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Wartime Stories just dropped another episode about this on YouTube.

ETA:  Pretty good vid, and even touched a little on the subject of shoes at the end of the third story.  Kinda noticed something a little bit creepy about shoes when I was in Iraq.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 2:22:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 2:45:15 AM EDT
[#34]

A .mil buddy was in one of those units that went in.

He says their entire unit experienced all sorts of weird crap.

Our theory is that a crashed UFO is in the mountains of that area and its multi-dimensional.

Link Posted: 2/13/2023 4:15:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
In for the link, I hadn't heard of this but it's something I'd be interested in.

OP, I've written some military/paranormal short fiction with one taking place in AFG.  I've made it free for tomorrow, August 16 if you're interested.  It's titled DET CORD AND THE BUDDHA TREE.  It was actually inspired by a story I heard from a Vietnam vet and some things I saw in Afghanistan (nothing paranormal really, just scenery details for this one)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GQWIY1M?ref_=dbs_p_pwh_rwt_anx_cl_3&storeType=ebooks

View Quote

I got your book!
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 10:48:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

@AZ5326X2

Do you have a link to the video you are talking about?  Click on the little YouTube play button icon to embed in post.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wartime Stories just dropped another episode about this on YouTube.

ETA:  Pretty good vid, and even touched a little on the subject of shoes at the end of the third story.  Kinda noticed something a little bit creepy about shoes when I was in Iraq.

@AZ5326X2

Do you have a link to the video you are talking about?  Click on the little YouTube play button icon to embed in post.

The Night Shift in Afghanistan | Paranormal Encounters

Good call, Brass.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_tWv3eyHao

A .mil buddy was in one of those units that went in.

He says their entire unit experienced all sorts of weird crap.

Our theory is that a crashed UFO is in the mountains of that area and its multi-dimensional.

View Quote

@Jozsi

Went on where, did what, and experienced what?

Anymore info besides that movie clip?
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 11:59:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Their radios went to crap, water was all sand. They were seeing things and hearing helicopters and tons of weird odd lights dancing in the sky. They thought they saw columns of soldiers on the march and then they disappeared.

They saw glowing figures in the night and viewing them on the thermals and NV showed something was there but wasn't.

SAT radios didn't work despite it working everywhere else. Their vehicles didn't want to work. They couldn't start fires and every instrument they had from IR strobes, flash lights, lasers just shut down.

The only thing working was their guns.

After 3 days, they left and marched back to base.

Look for the movie.. THE OBJECTIVE. Everyone keeps saying it's not real and its all made up but I have known my buddy for over 25 years and he ain't making shit up. Something is there.

The part in the movie about the CIA agent and what happened to him afterwards is very true. Poor guy is in some mental ward somewhere in the US being studied.

Link Posted: 2/13/2023 1:26:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Having spent my fair share there and in AFG, id agree that there just feels like there is something wrong with Iraq in particular.  It's not an obvious thing; It just feels like an entire region that has something similar to the uncanny valley effect.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 1:55:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Having spent my fair share there and in AFG, id agree that there just feels like there is something wrong with Iraq in particular.  It's not an obvious thing; It just feels like an entire region that has something similar to the uncanny valley effect.
View Quote

Very glad I wasn't the only one.  Lol!
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 5:49:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I got your book!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got your book!

Thanks, hope you like it.  I really like writing the mil/paranormal stuff.  I keep them short, I've got a few other ideas but their on hold while I'm working on a different full length novel.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 1:11:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was in Ramadi in 2005, it always felt depressing and smelled like a sewer. -Seabee

@AZ5326X2

Edited to add: I spent my last few months in 2005 at Haditha Dam, maybe it was the lake and some greenery but it wasn’t spooky like Ramadi.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 12:51:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I was in Ramadi in 2005, it always felt depressing and smelled like a sewer. -Seabee

@AZ5326X2

Edited to add: I spent my last few months in 2005 at Haditha Dam, maybe it was the lake and some greenery but it wasn’t spooky like Ramadi.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@AZ5326X2

Whoa.  You were probably one of the Seabees that was with the other Platoon in my Task Unit on that Deployment.  Or at least were at the damn with them at the same time.  @tnaaron81
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 3:11:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The land between the rivers
The earliest known writing was invented there around 3400 B.C. in an area called Sumer near the Persian Gulf. The development of a Sumerian script was influenced by local materials: clay for tablets and reeds for styluses (writing tools)

The Amorite ruler Hammurabi (unknown–1750 B.C.), crowned king of Babylon around 1792 B.C., was both an avid warrior and a shrewd administrator who honored the traditions of Sumer, Akkad, and other lands he brought under his authority.

The location of Eden is described in the Book of Genesis as the source of four tributaries. Various suggestions have been made for its location: at the head of the Persian Gulf, in southern Mesopotamia (now Iraq) where the Tigris and Euphrates rivers run into the sea; and in Armenia.

The land between the rivers
The word Mesopotamia means "between rivers" in Greek. Home to the ancient civilizations of Sumer, Assyria, and Babylonia these peoples are credited with influencing mathematics and astronomy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 3:39:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 5:33:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That is interesting, the parallel progress thing.  China was independently creating different writing systems and technology on the other side of Himalayan mountains in some river valleys, their core way smaller than the China of today.   Originally based on mediation with simple living and chasing nirvana in tune with nature and all that Yin Yang and Feng shui goal, while only warring enough to be left alone during some long periods depending on leader.  The whole thing on silk and gunpowder coming over the Silk Road once they discovered trade, a bunch of different tech and battle met and grew rapidly.  

In between West and Far East has been a battleground for most of history.   The area between the Tigris and Euphrates are specifically mentioned as a site of change including the apocalypse.

Something about those ancient sites (Pyramids, Jerusalem, Iraq, Afghanistan) has been described as an ancient feeling to it.  Sort of like a Lamborghini car has a bit of awe to it seeing one in person, an innate kind of respect that can't quite be placed.   It's more than a car.  The countries in the Middle East are more than countries, the whole "Ancient Vibe" of standing in the footsteps of thousands of years of history going on.   Way different than finding nothing really over 500 years old in the US and even the castles in UK and Europe which have their own different vibe going.

Maybe those "vibe" feelings are sensing some sort of liminal zone or the like.   Well, except for the Lamborghini, that's just something I noticed seeing one, was more than a car, had an aura of something spendy around it.

View Quote

After reading the replies by the above poster I got to thinking about that area and what I remembered of it from history class a long time ago and all the human history there. Possible spot for the garden of Eden to First recorded history that allowed man to progress forward with the knowledge recorded to build upon. The land of the first rule of law and codes we use today.
I just googled and copy paste the highlights from the things I remembered.
I would imagen just being in that area today would feel surreal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top