Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2022 10:05:41 PM EDT
Finished a book last night, actually an ARFCOMMERS book called Rain Will Fall.

It was an easygoing book. Good story, enjoyable characters, pleasant read. I'd like another recommendation like that. There's enough depressing, sad shit going on right now in the world.

Needs to be available on Kindle. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 7:13:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: trueg50] [#1]
Thank's for the recommendation, I'll have to look that up. With all that's happening I'm about to break out my "The Old man and the boy" books to distract from things.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Stay away from Eastern Front books by Germans.  What a f*cking nightmare it was with constant shelling and retreats.

I cannot help but believe that the Soviets would have done better than modern Russia.  Ever since Napoleon's time the Russians were very good with artillery.  They didn't lose that touch in WW II.  Nowadays?
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 9:54:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Not Tonight, Josephine: A Road Trip Through Small-Town America https://www.amazon.com/dp/1539342999/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_3DGZ7JK3RRV3ZKYG7Z1Z

Nonfiction story about two guys that buy a crappy old van and drive across the country. Lighthearted, easy read.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 1:20:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sefus] [#4]
Just now seeing this, and the OP deserves a congratulations for being the first to ever start a thread about one of my books

I specifically write to the slightly lighter side just to have that escape from all the crap. I havent found much out there that fills those criteria that isnt either filled with liberal crap or written for young adults. I did publish another recently called Finding Fire which is a quick, easy, enjoyable read as well, that could be worth checking out.

Thanks for the love @R3L04D
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:40:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R3L04D] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sefus:
Just now seeing this, and the OP deserves a congratulations for being the first to ever start a thread about one of my books

I specifically write to the slightly lighter side just to have that escape from all the crap. I havent found much out there that fills those criteria that isnt either filled with liberal crap or written for young adults. I did publish another recently called Finding Fire which is a quick, easy, enjoyable read as well, that could be worth checking out.

Thanks for the love @R3L04D
View Quote
Hey man great job. Glad to support you.  Bought your other book too
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 10:11:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Inspiring or light hearted?

I was pleasantly surprised by Jonathan Livingston Seagull.   Short,  easy read.  

I really enjoyed Eat The Rich by PJ O'Rourke.  Died laughing in parts.  The Happy Isles of Oceania by Paul Thoreau was excellent.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 12:06:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JethroActual:

I was pleasantly surprised by Jonathan Livingston Seagull.   Short,  easy read.  

I really enjoyed Eat The Rich by PJ O'Rourke.  Died laughing in parts.  The Happy Isles of Oceania by Paul Thoreau was excellent.
View Quote
Welcome to the site!

I'm currently reading Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins but will check those out next
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 1:31:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By JethroActual:

View Quote

I don't know how I would really classify it. Interested to hear other people's thoughts on that. I think it's an easy read although it's not completely upbeat all the time. Inspiring might be closer. To me, it's more like, how much shit can one man take while still enjoying his life. I do think it's a story that people can put themselves into or at least identify with and want to keep reading more of. Speaking as the author, while I was writing it I didn't see it as an "I wish this was how it was" type of story, moreso a love letter to what could have been.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top