Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2021 3:27:20 PM EDT
When I checked out facebook this morning it was Daves birthday ( guy that made this vid ).  Somebody had posted up a youtube link to the whole thing last year.

LOTS of good footage in here.   I'm in it in a couple of spots.

Lift Ticket Directors Cut, RC Slope & Dynamic Soaring
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:55:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Years ago when that came out I emailed Dave back and forth about the giant plank he flies.  He was a super cool guy and sent me some drawings and things

I think that is the vid with some old school racing off Kiona and Eagle butte.  I picked up an RnR Nova a while back I need to take over there.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:09:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty neat. What is the speed record now?
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Is that the Rodent, or a Jart?

Never met Dave, but his legend extends far and wide.

I was an Eagle Butte regular for a good while, and was lucky enough to get to fly quite a few of the SoCal hot spots over the years.

Fastest I ever personally witnessed was mid 300’s at Weldon. Amazing!
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:26:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Also, the current record is 548 mph set by Spencer Lisenby this January. Plane was his design, the “Transonic DP”.

http://www.rcspeeds.com/pilotslist?t=bd
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:29:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Neat
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:20:22 PM EDT
[#6]
We should do an arfcom slope fest, it would be lit.

Even if the former slope writer for a certain r/c magazine likes to complain about hearing gunfire at the local slope.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Even if the former slope writer for a certain r/c magazine likes to complain about hearing gunfire at the local slope.  
View Quote

My favorite glider writer posted a picture of my people with my bare ass for all the world to see in QFI.

I'd be down for that,  can we make it the slope in Mammoth California above Devils Post pile at 10k feet.  I'm NorCal and I'd suspect most of you guys are Socal,  it would be about 1/2 way in between.  They ran an F3F there twice and I missed out on it both times from work requirements. AWESOME slope in quality and scenery. 4 wheel is not REQUIRED but definitely recommended.  I'm almost certain I could get a few other like minded individuals from our side of California to show up.

Pretty sure this is the mountain/slope,   Click me.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is that the Rodent, or a Jart?

Never met Dave, but his legend extends far and wide.

I was an Eagle Butte regular for a good while, and was lucky enough to get to fly quite a few of the SoCal hot spots over the years.

Fastest I ever personally witnessed was mid 300’s at Weldon. Amazing!
View Quote

It'll make you hide behind cars and big rocks when they start getting wound up.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:05:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Odd the linked YouTube video cannot be saved as it’s set up for some sort of youth YouTube app. Has to be done through that app only.

Can watch it on YouTube, but no way to save your spot where you pause.   It’s a long video.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 12:04:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My favorite glider writer posted a picture of my people with my bare ass for all the world to see in QFI.

I'd be down for that,  can we make it the slope in Mammoth California above Devils Post pile at 10k feet.  I'm NorCal and I'd suspect most of you guys are Socal,  it would be about 1/2 way in between.  They ran an F3F there twice and I missed out on it both times from work requirements. AWESOME slope in quality and scenery. 4 wheel is not REQUIRED but definitely recommended.  I'm almost certain I could get a few other like minded individuals from our side of California to show up.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am about 350 miles SE of  Kiona, might be willing to travel.  Free state with the best kept secrets in sloping.

As to posting your ass in QFI....I can't help you there.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top