Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2021 3:30:35 PM EDT
Lutheran Synod elects first Transgender Bishop

I purposely left out "Lutheran" from the thread title because I do not believe this decision accurately reflects the Lutheran Church. My understanding is that, much like almost every denomination now, liberal splinter groups are riding the coattails of respectable denominational names to advance their liberal sickness. The ECLA is one such Lutheran example.

Still, it's news so here it is.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 4:12:37 PM EDT
[#1]
ECLA is catholic lite.  I was married in the ECLA church- very very similar to catholic services.  But yes, they have gone off the deep end.  They love abortion and LGBT now.

I’m not Lutheran but the wife is.  We now attend a Missouri Synod Lutheran Church.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ECLA is catholic lite.  I was married in the ECLA church- very very similar to catholic services.  But yes, they have gone off the deep end.  They love abortion and LGBT now.

I’m not Lutheran but the wife is.  We now attend a Missouri Synod Lutheran Church.
View Quote

I'm assuming they were much more conservative when your wife was a member.

How/why the transformation? Were they concentrated in urban areas, etc?
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 4:22:27 PM EDT
[#3]
ELCA=LINO
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
ELCA=LINO
View Quote

I figured as much. Lutherans are good people.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 5:05:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm assuming they were much more conservative when your wife was a member.

How/why the transformation? Were they concentrated in urban areas, etc?
View Quote

I don’t know for certain.  I’m guessing it’s like the Methodists?  

The social pressure to change combined with dwindling numbers would be my hypothesis.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:18:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Babylon The Great
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:35:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I figured as much. Lutherans are good people.
View Quote

Very kind of you sir.

I was raised Missouri Synod, and found the ELCA gatherings I've visited somewhat alien.  A strange mix of open defiance of scripture combined with a desire to be wrapped in the trappings of religion.  But then I pray there are those that overcome, and "come out from among them"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top