Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2020 3:53:12 PM EDT
My agency just approved red dot sights (or ruggedized miniature red-dots, or RMRs, or whatever you want to call them).  I was stoked until I went looking for a duty holster that could accommodate a weapon light and a red dot sight...and then I became sad.  Trying to find one is like finding a unicorn.  I have spent many hours trawling the interwebs with little to show for it.

The only major manufacturer that makes a holster that can accommodate both is Safariland...and they have about a four-month backlog, from what I have read.  I really like my Blackhawk Epoch, and I hope they come out a holster that can take a WML and RMR.

Anyone else have recommendations?

Pistol - Glock 17 Gen 3, RMR cut in front of rear sight
Light - Streamlight TLR-1 (would like to add a pressure switch)
RMR - Holosun 507C
Holster - Level III, right hand, prefer basketweave but plain is fine
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 4:06:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Go with the Safariland. When I ordered mine, I was quoted a 90 day turnaround. I cancelled after about a hundred days after I found one in stock at my local uniform store.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 4:22:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Search the full part number online. There’s a good chance it’ll pop up somewhere other than Safariland.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Search the full part number online. There’s a good chance it’ll pop up somewhere other than Safariland.
View Quote
This.  
The holster you want is the Safariland 6360 RDS (mid-ride) or 6365 RDS (low ride).
There is a strong chance you can find one online.

Assuming you’re right-handed and need basket weave, here are the P/N‘s to search for:

6360RDS-832-481 (mid-ride)
6365RDS-832-481 (low-ride)
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:29:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Meh, my safariland  holster was right at the turnaround time they stated.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 9:03:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Contact opticsplanet. They might have it and not have it listed online. I ordered mine and got it within a week.

Also, do yourself a favor and get the els clip/buckle. It’s a great add on. It spaces just a bit out from your body armor and makes going into the jail a breeze.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Definintely go Safariland for what you are after.

Last time I ordered, I was told a head of time there would be a long wait, which was confirmed when I ordered.  I don't remember exactly what they quoted, but it was 90 days or 6 moths, something like that.  That being said the holsters were in my hands in a month.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 2:51:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I ordered a 6360 RDS for Glock 34/TLR-1/Holosun 407CO direct from Safariland during the Black Friday sale, and I got it about 5 weeks later. My Sgt. ordered his a day after I did, and he got his a week earlier.

It's a crap-shoot with Safariland but it's really the only choice for a Level 3 retention holster.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 8:32:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I ordered 30 from Safariland in November.  Not here yet.

A coworker ordered one in September.  His is finally here.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered one for Black Friday & they said it was in stock but it didn't show up until Valentines Day.  I like their sales but everything takes forever!  Like everyone else said look online, someone will have it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
This 100%. I needed a Safariland holster for a Gen 5 G17 MOS with streamlight and RMR. Long lead time from Safariland, nowhere to be found locally. Opticsplanet had it in stock for under MSRP.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 4:54:21 PM EDT
[#11]
https://www.tier1concealed.com/collections/owb-holsters

I have 3 Tier1 holsters, very nice and only took about 2 weeks
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 9:03:53 PM EDT
[#12]
My replacement Safariland 6365RDS just arrived after a 10 week wait.  Wait times are still at the 2+ month mark.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 11:42:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I ended up finding an Aliengear duty holster.  Total cost including shipping was $155.  I'm quite pleased with it so far.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 12:25:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I ended up finding an Aliengear duty holster.  Total cost including shipping was $155.  I'm quite pleased with it so far.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/6032/duty_holster_png-1370124.JPG
View Quote

Neat. I didn’t know Aliengear made duty rigs.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 5:51:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Safariland had a 30 day turnaround for me.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 7:17:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Neat. I didn't know Aliengear made duty rigs.
View Quote
Me neither
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top