User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:31:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Let's follow that train of thought.

So, anything that is considered a "pursuit of happiness" should be OK?? Are you serious? Liberals would be executing conservatives in the streets just for fun as a "pursuit of happiness".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's under that whole "Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness" portion.

So, anything that is considered a "pursuit of happiness" should be OK?? Are you serious? Liberals would be executing conservatives in the streets just for fun as a "pursuit of happiness".

You can't really be that dense, can you?

Allow Mr. Thomas Jefferson to help elaborate:

"It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."

Smart man, he was.

Similarly, an unattributed quote of a similar nature:

“Your right to swing your arms ends just where the other man’s nose begins.”

If you fail to grasp the concept, perhaps you're not smart enough to safely own firearms either.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:41:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Legalization did not happen.

Liberty is not about creating utopia, it is about respecting people's right to live their own lives. Utopia will not then follow as some will be dipshits who smoke crack and don't get jobs. I just have no right to try and force someone to be moral and successful, and could not succeed even if I did have that right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The mass exodus out of those shitholes will ramp up In earnest. Who the fuck wants to live or try to raise a family in a junkie free for all . Of course ill admit I was wrong if legalization happens to turn these places into bastion of liberty and a utopia of freedom as well as having a cornucopia of party favors readily available .

Legalization did not happen.

Liberty is not about creating utopia, it is about respecting people's right to live their own lives. Utopia will not then follow as some will be dipshits who smoke crack and don't get jobs. I just have no right to try and force someone to be moral and successful, and could not succeed even if I did have that right.

Fair assessment.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:44:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Why is everyone so convinced that drug use will suddenly skyrocket?

Drug users already use drugs, and I don't know of anyone that suddenly wants to become a drug user now that it's been decriminalized.
View Quote

Im not really for or against , honestly. I have never seen an American state with full on legalization or “close enough “ legal penalties to come to an accurate conclusion. My gut says dumpster fire . I think we will be finding out in the near future. Edit - rampant drug use with little to no oversight or enforcement coupled with an economic downturn and social upheaval is a recipe for fucking disaster. Edit edit- unchecked immigration from south of the border will also mean a literal drug superhighway on steroids. This could be interesting. I did not vote for Joe Biden .
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:48:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is Portland going to to be pacified or go berserk?
View Quote

It's already berserk.

In my opinion, nothing will change. Portland will remain Portland, and rural Oregon will remain rural Oregon.

Just business as usual, except for perhaps lightening the workload of the jail and court systems.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:53:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Im not really for or against , honestly. I have never seen an American state with full on legalization or “close enough “ legal penalties to come to an accurate conclusion. My gut says dumpster fire . I think we will be finding out in the near future. Edit - rampant drug use with little to no oversight or enforcement coupled with an economic downturn and social upheaval is a recipe for fucking disaster.
View Quote

Just curious, but how is that any different from the current state of affairs in just about every inner city in the nation?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:57:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Is this what a typical drive down a street in O-re-gone and Puret-landia is gonna be in a few months?

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:59:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:03:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is this what a typical drive down a street in O-re-gone and Puret-landia is gonna be in a few months?

https://media.giphy.com/media/9QeUkhB0C9zzy/giphy.gif
View Quote

It already is.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:06:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

40 units of lsd sounds like a fuck ton.
View Quote

To give you an idea most people are taking 1-2 hits or in this case units
4-6 hits is a extreme dose, go beyond 6 and there’s a chance your not returning to normal brain function
Micro dosing is also very popular for people that like to work through a high, like say a tenth of a dose

40 hits is pure drug dealer status
Like having more than one 8 ball of cocain
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:13:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Good maybe it will lure some fuckheads away from CO
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:14:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Measure 110, which will decriminalize personal possession of small amounts of drugs, making it a violation much like a traffic ticket, becomes law on Monday.

Here's the details of what it does:

Ballot Measure 110 does not make possession of drugs legal. It just decriminalizes personal possession of illegal drugs.

It reclassifies possession of small amounts of drugs as a civil violation, like a traffic offense. The penalty becomes a $100 fine, which a person can avoid by agreeing to participate in a health assessment.

The measure makes it a non-criminal violation, like a traffic ticket, to possess the following:
• Less than 1 gram of heroin
• Less than 1 gram, or less than 5 pills, of MDMA
• Less than 2 grams of methamphetamine
• Less than 40 units of LSD
• Less than 12 grams of psilocybin
• Less than 40 units of methadone
• Less than 40 pills of oxycodone
• Less than 2 grams of cocaine

The measure also reduces from a felony to a misdemeanor simple possession of substances containing:
• 1 to 3 grams of heroin
• 1 to 4 grams of MDMA
• 2 to 8 grams of methamphetamine
• 2 to 8 grams of cocaine

Selling, distributing and manufacturing these drugs remains illegal -- and if convicted, you will go to jail.

The measure, which passed with more than 58% voter approval, also funds health assessments, addiction treatment, harm-reduction efforts and other services for people with addiction disorders, OPB reports.

Funding those programs will come through the reallocation of tens of millions of dollars generated by Oregon’s cannabis tax.

The measure also is expected to generate savings in the criminal justice system because of fewer drug arrests, prosecutions and incarcerations. Those savings would be redirected into a new state fund for treatment and other services.

View Quote

It neither breaks my bones nor picks my pocket....or something.

I guess libertarians (full disclosure, I'm one of those people) have been dreaming of this for decades. Now, we have an experiment at the state level to see how it plays out. I suspect the next step will be state drug stores (OR already has state liquor stores) that will sell and tax it.
I don't care what people do to themselves if it doesn't impact someone else. Too bad that so many users end up on the public payroll. I don't know if these quantities are a lot or a little for a user, but...let the games begin.
View Quote

Yet we can't buy Sudafed over the counter....
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:16:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Measure 110, which will decriminalize personal possession of small amounts of drugs, making it a violation much like a traffic ticket, becomes law on Monday.

Ballot Measure 110 does not make possession of drugs legal. It just decriminalizes personal possession of illegal drugs.

It reclassifies possession of small amounts of drugs as a civil violation, like a traffic offense. The penalty becomes a $100 fine, which a person can avoid by agreeing to participate in a health assessment.

The measure makes it a non-criminal violation, like a traffic ticket, to possess the following:

The measure also reduces from a felony to a misdemeanor simple possession of substances containing:
• 1 to 3 grams of heroin
• 1 to 4 grams of MDMA

Selling, distributing and manufacturing these drugs remains illegal -- and if convicted, you will go to jail.

The measure, which passed with more than 58% voter approval, also funds health assessments, addiction treatment, harm-reduction efforts and other services for people with addiction disorders, OPB reports.

Funding those programs will come through the reallocation of tens of millions of dollars generated by Oregon’s cannabis tax.

The measure also is expected to generate savings in the criminal justice system because of fewer drug arrests, prosecutions and incarcerations. Those savings would be redirected into a new state fund for treatment and other services.

I guess libertarians (full disclosure, I'm one of those people) have been dreaming of this for decades. Now, we have an experiment at the state level to see how it plays out. I suspect the next step will be state drug stores (OR already has state liquor stores) that will sell and tax it.
I don't care what people do to themselves if it doesn't impact someone else. Too bad that so many users end up on the public payroll. I don't know if these quantities are a lot or a little for a user, but...let the games begin.

On the bright side, now you can just go straight to the meth!
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:19:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Oh no! Now there will be drugs in Oregon!

The DA here never filed on drug charges anyways
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:19:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

• 1 to 3 grams of heroin
• 1 to 4 grams of MDMA

View Quote

View Quote
It's not an activity I recommend, but I'm not naive enough to think sayin "No, it's illegal! M-O-O-N that spells ill-EGAL!" is going to do anything but make dealing more rewarding, and constitute a minor speed bump on the road to scoring for a user, while spewing unintended consequences out like a fireworks cone.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:20:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't think you are on the train tracks.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:22:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

• 1 to 3 grams of heroin
• 1 to 4 grams of MDMA

Sudafed from Meth Scientific  American

If you’re interested in learning more about the work of senior author I.B. Hakkenshit, his papers seem to be all over the place.....

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:33:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Sudafed from Meth Scientific  American

If you’re interested in learning more about the work of senior author I.B. Hakkenshit, his papers seem to be all over the place.....

View Quote

Thanks for that!
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:38:55 AM EDT
[#18]
The French Connection (1971) Trailer #1 | Movieclips Classic Trailers
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:40:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

More freedom? You actually believe people will act responsibly?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you have a killdozer avatar, but you're complaining about more freedom. does not compute

More freedom? You actually believe people will act responsibly?

That's a great argument the left uses for gun control.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:55:00 AM EDT
[#20]
I didn't see Angel Dust on the list
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:58:08 AM EDT
[#21]
BuT mY LiBeRtArIaNiSm!
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:10:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I am unfamiliar with dosages for those drugs.  How much are those limits?  Is that like enough for someone to have fun by themselves?  Enough for a small party?  Not interested in drugs myself, just curious is these are the typical amounts people have.
View Quote
I had to research this, so it may be inaccurate. TL;DR...  Typical recreational uses seem to be about 1/4th to 1/8th the allowable limits and even heavy abusers have no reason to have as much shit on hand as they seem to be allowed by the new law. Also, LSD sounds fuckin awesome and overdose potential is almost nonexistent.

Pure uncut Heroin: 5mg is a low dose for someone with no tolerance, 500mg as a daily maximum for someone highly tolerant

MDMA typical dose without need to re-dosing for maximum effect and minimum undesirable effect is 125mg. You can do more, but the undesirable effects start to ruin the fun.

Meth: a recreational meth user might smoke a bowl of 100mg whereas a 250mg bowl would be full on tweaker status. No idea about snorting/eating/injecting

Cocaine: A snorted dose is 30-70mg... more if you’re a Cuban immigrant drug lord gearing up for a rampage.  An injected dose is about 1/2-2/3 the snorted dose. A smoked dose of crack is between 15-50mg.  In terms of intensity of high is: injected coke > smoked crack >>> snorted coke.  Highs are typically <1hr so frequent re-dosing is common.

LSD: 1 good “hit” or blotter is about 1ug (.001mg).  Obviously, shitty acid has less dose per hit.  Micro-dosing less than 1 hit produces some good feelings and heaviness.  It appears people start to enjoy the psychedelic effects around 1-2 hits. Brighter colors, trailing visuals, rippling surfaces. More than 1 hit is likely to freakout inexperienced people.  3-4 hits can be profound and life changing experiences “Tripping”, Out of body experience, time distortion, Sensory mixup  (seeing sounds, hearing colors, etc)... You should consider a designated babysitter to be sure you don’t hurt yourself. 5-7 hits is tripping balls, time stopping, having conversations with inanimate objects, etc.  10-15 hits (1-1.5mg) is apparently an indescribable absurd amount, no new/different effects from previous, just more intense and longer lasting and very few people drop acid this hard.  

Shrooms (dried): Low Dose: 0.5 - 2 grams; Moderate Dose: 2 - 3.5 grams; High Dose: 3.5 - 5 grams and above.  Somewhat similar to LSD, except with more vomiting.

Methodone: 50-250mg daily depending on body weight and tolerance. Tablets vary; 10, 20, 40mg

Oxycodone: a highly tolerant user might take 8-12 tablets per day: usually 5 or 10mg oxy per tablet. The limiting factor is usually the acetaminophen also contained in the pills... usually 325mg per tablet.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:55:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Good reason to get rid of welfare too. Though I do wonder, what makes you think that legalizing drugs (which is not what happened in Oregon) will make junkies apply for welfare but wouldn't if drugs were illegal? Last time I checked you don't have to pass a drug test to get a handout.
View Quote

I didn’t say that at all.  All I’ve pointed out is that if one ascribed to the philosophy “my body, my choice—I can do whatever I want to it” must also ascribe to “my body my responsibility to take care of it.” One cannot day the state has no role in how you live your life and at the same time insist that the state must take care of you and be logically consistent.  It really doesn’t matter if legalization increases or decreases use or welfare roles—it is fundamentally unjust to force those who choose to be clean and sober productive members of society to support those who choose poorly.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:02:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:25:14 AM EDT
[#25]
If you have all of that at the same time, is it one ticket or 8 tickets?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:40:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Anyone that wants to be doing any of those drugs already is.

This is a step in the right direction.  

I think removing the social stigma surrounding some of this stuff would probably lead to more moderate use for a lot of people and a lot more options if they wanted to get away from it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:43:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

To give you an idea most people are taking 1-2 hits or in this case units
4-6 hits is a extreme dose, go beyond 6 and there’s a chance your not returning to normal brain function
Micro dosing is also very popular for people that like to work through a high, like say a tenth of a dose

40 hits is pure drug dealer status
Like having more than one 8 ball of cocain
View Quote

Lol.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:54:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

What are the consequences of using a gun irresponsibly? What are the consequences in of using drugs irresponsibly? Kind of seems like they already ARE different.

In Michigan, if someone overdoses and someone calls 911 to request medical assistance, no charges can be brought for anything related to that incident. And first responders are now being encouraged to leave narcan at the scene, so the "victim" can have easier access to it next time.

Can you imagine if it worked the same for firearms? Shoot somebody by accident? As long as you call 911 for an ambulance they can't prosecute you for anything. Oh, and they'll give you a blowout kit for next time, too.

There has to be some kind of check on deviant behavior. In "nature" (libertarian utopia) the "check" is the natural consequence of your actions. Wanna play with dangerous drugs? Fine. But if you can't hold a job because you're high all the time, you starve. If you overdose, you die. I'm good with that.

Our current society has removed the natural "checks" which places an increased burden on everbody else. Now because you're high all the time, the govt takes my money from me by force to give to you so you don't starve. And they take more money from me to pay for EMS and medical care so you don't die when you overdose.  I'm not good with that.
View Quote

Exactly.  Legalize drugs, remove the “safety net,” and it becomes a self correcting problem.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:02:48 AM EDT
[#29]
good

this will stop putting people into the legal system and costing tax payer money to keep them in prison and paying public defenders AND preventing them from ODing.  Let them kill themselves.

Instead of being an "epidemic" it will become a self correcting problem.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:07:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If all drugs are bad and cause people to become homeless thieves, how do you explain those that are on prescription narcotics for pain relief, yet are still able to hold down a job and be a functioning member of society?

For that matter, how do you explain those that enjoy a glass of bourbon or a good cigar on occasion? Aren't they filthy drug addicts too?
View Quote

That's hilariously stupid.   All of it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:20:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Demand will increase yet the suppliers run the risk of prison for getting the product to the user.  Sounds like someone needs to start up a delivery service on electric kick scooters.  Here's 1.9 grams of coke!
View Quote

Drone delivery.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:21:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am unfamiliar with dosages for those drugs.  How much are those limits?  Is that like enough for someone to have fun by themselves?  Enough for a small party?  Not interested in drugs myself, just curious is these are the typical amounts people have.

Slipped into the coffee, could really liven up the next City Council meeting.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:21:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I don’t think you are making the distinction between decriminalized and legal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

• 1 to 3 grams of heroin
• 1 to 4 grams of MDMA

I don’t think you are making the distinction between decriminalized and legal.

As Nitche said, a difference that makes no difference IS no difference.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:22:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
good

this will stop putting people into the legal system and costing tax payer money to keep them in prison and paying public defenders AND preventing them from ODing.  Let them kill themselves.

Instead of being an "epidemic" it will become a self correcting problem.
View Quote

- This is also profoundly comical.   There will be an explosion of government funded 'programs' to "help lift them out of dependency" not let them kill themselves.  "Look at Meth-Head Molly's two little girls, both are suffering because Molly is an addict. How can the most wealthy society in the world leave these children behind".   They will be shockingly ineffective and yet after a few years, all but impossible to be rid of.

Honestly... have people not been awake the last 40 years or what?  

I'm not arguing for or against legalization here.  Both have some merit and serious drawbacks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:25:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It's debatable whether drug use = freedom.

Sobriety, or at least some semblance of it most of the time, is I think a very modest form of taxation we place on fellow citizens to at least not be a deadweight on the rest of us.
View Quote

Drug use does indeed equal freedom.  In fact, all kinds of drugs are perfectly legal, if you get a prescription, or Uncle Sam gets their cut,a s with alcohol and tobacco.

Freedom also entails the right to shoot a drugee in the face should they attempt to assault you or steal your stuff.

Let us all be free.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:27:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The prison and jail population in Oregon will decrease noticeably. As a classical liberal, I don't see why drugs should be illegal to any degree.

If you want the freedom to own guns, you should be for everyone's freedom in general. We don't get to pick and choose like selfish brats.
View Quote

This place is full of such hypocrites.

"Muh Second Amendment!"

- same person -

"I don't give a fuck what the Constitution says.  I like my federal public land that the government isn't authorized to own!"
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:29:54 AM EDT
[#37]
LOL....40 units of LSD is a lot!  

I'm for freedom, but if you are going to legalize shit like that, you have to be prepared to never give the junkies a single cent of tax payer money.  

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:30:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

But to hear the principled, pretentious libertarians, you have so much freedom!  Freedom to live as a homeless addict, freedom to cloud your judgement and hide from reality, freedom to burn loot murder under the right flag, freedom to kill yourself when it all comes to a head.

Total freedom.
View Quote

Yo, Einstein -

We have all of that NOW.  The failed War On Drugs hasn't stopped, or even slowed down, any of that.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Freedom if we didn't have a welfare state. It picks my pocket otherwise.
View Quote

The solution to that is not to keep fighting drug use.  Rather, one shoudl end the welfare state.  Fight the real enemy!

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:33:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It COULD be addressed with TOUGHER not MORE enforcement.

Like the felony upcharges for guns or body armor, drugs + another crime is harsher and we gotta be MUCH harsher on sentences or none of it will ever work.

If you’re 18+ and robbing people with/for drugs multiple times why bother? They obviously don’t fear the consequences enough. We need more executions.
View Quote

A .45 to the face kinda solves that problem without the expense of incarceration or a trial.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

this is a stupid post
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Idaho, Nevada and Arizona need to become waterfront property.

you have a killdozer avatar, but you're complaining about more freedom. does not compute

Freedom to make exclusively bad choices for yourself & others.

Gotta real Big Brain, here, guys!

this is a stupid post

Well, its barnbtw, so ...

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
A comparison to gun rights. Lol.

Where in the constitution does it say anything about muh rights to do muh heroin and meth?  I don’t believe the “stats” from third world countries about how increasing access to drugs like that somehow magically decrease their use.

View Quote

Where in the Constitution was the Federal government authorized to regulate what a person does, or does not, put in their body?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:43:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The gas issue is not about freedom, it was about mandating gas stations to create additional but unnecessary jobs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It almost might seem to be about freedom.  Until you realize they still can't pump their own gas.

Oregon is full of the people that were too insane for California.

The gas issue is not about freedom, it was about mandating gas stations to create additional but unnecessary jobs.

Which is the opposite of freedom, is it not?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:47:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The radical difference when those things were freely available is that we didn’t have a welfare state. You were either functional with your addiction or had the financial wherewithal to be non-functional in your addiction or die off. No taxpayer support in your addiction
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:56:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Except one doesn’t involve you calling the cops at 3am with a six foot five tweeker rampaging through bleeding out on the floor of your house.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the bright side it's cheaper to feed junkies than to keep them in prison.

Except one doesn’t involve you calling the cops at 3am with a six foot five tweeker rampaging through bleeding out on the floor of your house.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:58:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Of course. Clearly the founders meant happiness like the nightmare that addicts and their families live in.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A comparison to gun rights. Lol.

Where in the constitution does it say anything about muh rights to do muh heroin and meth?  I don’t believe the “stats” from third world countries about how increasing access to drugs like that somehow magically decrease their use.

It's under that whole "Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness" portion.

Of course. Clearly the founders meant happiness like the nightmare that addicts and their families live in.

Not my job, or yours, to make that decision for other people. 
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:58:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It almost might seem to be about freedom.  Until you realize they still can't pump their own gas.

Oregon is full of the people that were too insane for California.

For businesses, absolutely. It's just as bad as Affirmative Action quotas in my opinion.

What I meant was that the law was not created with the specific intent to limit the freedom of the customer to pump their own gas, that was simply a means to an end to forcibly create new jobs that were entirely unnecessary.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:09:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If all drugs are bad and cause people to become homeless thieves, how do you explain those that are on prescription narcotics for pain relief, yet are still able to hold down a job and be a functioning member of society?

For that matter, how do you explain those that enjoy a glass of bourbon or a good cigar on occasion? Aren't they filthy drug addicts too?

How so?

Prescription narcotics, alcohol, and tobacco are all drugs, are they not?

Aren't some people capable of using drugs and still maintaining a productive lifestyle, just as some people are functioning alcoholics?

Isn't addiction to legal drugs like prescription narcotics or alcohol able to control or ruin a person's life, the same as illegal drugs are?

Which do you think is more common in the US; alcoholism or drug addiction?

Is one somehow better than the other?

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:09:35 PM EDT
[#49]
I just want to see the videos.

For those of you that think this is going to save money,  Quite the opposite.  The amount of taxes dumped into BS social programs is going to be a mountain compared to the money spent on your mythical "drug war" .
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:15:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Head on over to the Korova Milkbar and enjoy your Milk Plus
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top