Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2021 10:08:05 AM EDT

I get this message every 3 days. I don't want, or have need for any of the crap they're offering.

So, is there any way I can turn this off permanently short of switching to a Mac or Linux?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:22:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Windows 10?

When new do not connect to internet, do not use Microsoft account as your login. Once all set up with local login, then connect to internet.
I've done over a dozen like this and none get that message.

Eta: if you getting it as a notification should be able to turn that off.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 11:00:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Windows 10?

When new do not connect to internet, do not use Microsoft account as your login. Once all set up with local login, then connect to internet.

View Quote

Yup, windows 10. It's a bit late for the "When new" but I do not have a Microsoft account
associated with this computer, that's one of the things they want me to "finish setting up".
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 11:10:54 AM EDT
[#3]

It was in notifications, just as you suggested.  

I guess from now on I will check back in Notifications
after each update.

Thank you very much!    
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 11:16:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Windows 10?

View Quote

I have 4 that I did the initial install offline and I'm getting that message with every Windows update now.  I'll look at the notifications and see if that stops it but I think they're already all off.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 3:51:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I noticed the option to "Remind me later" has turned into "Remind me in 3 days"
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 2:34:21 PM EDT
[#7]
You can go to the next screen and there tell it " don't want a stupid Microsoft Account" and it will bugger off.

Until the next time, I'm sure.

Every time I've done that on a PC, though, I've not seen come back in the short term.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 1:45:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You can go to the next screen and there tell it " don't want a stupid Microsoft Account" and it will bugger off.

Until the next time, I'm sure.

Every time I've done that on a PC, though, I've not seen come back in the short term.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top