Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2020 1:47:32 PM EDT
Yesterday was Ash Wednesday and got me asking myself: what have I done to kill God? God lowered himself to humanity knowing that he’d be devoured for it, like a moth landing on an ant hill. Death by swarm is an inevitability.

“Well I didn’t drive the nails into his hands!” Right, but it was the crowd that killed Christ, chanting “Crucify him!” even against Pilot’s protestations. You might not be swinging the hammer, but you’ve been sucked into the devouring swarm. God gave Himself to me in a totally vulnerable and relatable form and I killed him for it.

So ask yourself during Lent, “what have I been doing to conjoin myself to the devouring swarm? How am I responsible for killing God?”
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 2:13:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top