Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2020 9:06:36 PM EDT
Any way to speed this thing up? I did a factory restore but that didn't help much.

Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:25:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any way to speed this thing up? I did a factory restore but that didn't help much.

Thanks for your help.
View Quote
SSD?  Max out the ram?
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 9:10:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Thanks for your help.
View Quote

I had one and honestly, I loved it.  Absolute slug with Windows.  The laptop is just terribly under powered to run Windows..  Being a Linux guy, this was no concern to me.  When my 110 died, I bought a 330s.  Same basic issue.. way under powered for Windows, runs great on Linux

My 330S, I installed a 260gig SSD (it was on sale or I'd have went way smaller), installed Xubuntu.  Runs absolutely perfect and plenty fast enough.  It still has Windows on the original hard drive if I ever decide to give it away, but I've not booted it except on accident, in ages.  My 110, as I recall, I just removed the old platter drive, and installed a 64gig SSD and only had Linux on the system

Reality is, you're not gonna speed that thing up running Windows.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 7:32:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks for your help.
View Quote

What is the current CPU in it?
How much ram ?
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 11:16:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What is the current CPU in it?
How much ram ?
View Quote

Most of them are pretty limited in their ability to upgrade.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top