Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2022 9:18:20 PM EDT
So Lee Precision told me they wouldn't custom make a longer bullet pusher for their bullet sizing die set.

I want to use the Lee APP press to push through size 223 cases and that's outside what LEE offers and seems any desire to offer. The bullet pusher would only be about a 1/2 inch longer than what Lee offers. Overall about 2" long or less.

The company I work for has a dozen Swiss screw machines, but I'm just looking for a single piece that a small lathe could do and I can't see buying and learning a $k worth of machine and tooling to do this.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 9:39:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Let me be sure I understand what you want  Lee Bullet Sizing Die Kit  this is what you have correct?  And what you want it the piece on the left that pushes the bullet through to resize it you want to use to push a case through the size die so that the area at the bottom of the case is resizes where normal dies do not resize the area covered by the shell holder.  Like what this Redding G-RX Base Sizing Die Kit 40 S&W does.   If so all  you really need to do is take the part you wish was 1/2 in longer to a machine shop (Job Shop) and tell them what you need, they can cut one from D2 tool steel and harden it.
Or ask REDDING if they already make what you are after.
Lee Bulge buster   I don't see specs on this.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 10:58:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Let me be sure I understand what you want  Lee Bullet Sizing Die Kit  this is what you have correct?  And what you want it the piece on the left that pushes the bullet through to resize it you want to use to push a case through the size die so that the area at the bottom of the case is resizes where normal dies do not resize the area covered by the shell holder.  Like what this Redding G-RX Base Sizing Die Kit 40 S&W does.   If so all  you really need to do is take the part you wish was 1/2 in longer to a machine shop (Job Shop) and tell them what you need, they can cut one from D2 tool steel and harden it.
Or ask REDDING if they already make what you are after.
Lee Bulge buster   I don't see specs on this.
View Quote

Your correct on the intended purpose and item I'm looking for in a longer size.

- The standard Lee bulge buster ram is 0.3625".
- The Lee APP version is 1.314"
I really need a ram that's about 2" long in length to work.

Let me check out the Redding website to see if they use a longer length ram than what I have now. Thanks for the heads up!

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 12:16:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Cover whatever material you want it made in and shipping and I will make one for you. I have stainless, aluminum, brass, steel and titanium on the shelf and just need the specs.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:57:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cover whatever material you want it made in and shipping and I will make one for you. I have stainless, aluminum, brass, steel and titanium on the shelf and just need the specs.
View Quote

I really appreciate your offer!

I just measured the sizing die set up in the APP to determine the length the ram needs to be to push a 223 through the die. Looks like 2" should do it.

Attachment Attached File

I'll send an email to you regarding the costs to make this from steel and formof payment required.

Thank you again!
Phill

@OG1
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 5:56:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Phil, I made it and replied to your email with a picture. It may have went to spam.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 7:32:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you for making that. It looks great!
I need to get to my computer to settle up with you.

Family is gathered today around my MIL that’s on hospice. Not much sleep last night.

Thanks again!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top