Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2022 8:37:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:02:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What kind of round count on the Larue Stealth barrel before it needs replacing?

View Quote

I know of one that’s near 10,000 and still shoots a ragged hole.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Larue thread in GD, this ought to be good.

Everything I have from him (which isnt much) is rock solid.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:05:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I think Mark says on his website 10k.

I'm sure if you mag dump it's less.

I'm sure if you only hunt and do cool downs every shot it's more.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:09:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:10:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Probably 10, 12 rounds at max. You should send that tomato stake to me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:12:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I was gifted a Stealth in one of the old giveaways.  I was so impressed that every barrel I've bought since has been LaRue (with the exception of a couple of pencilweight Faxons).
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:14:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Not a stealth, but same.
LaRue Tactical SUURG Rifle 1,000 Round TORTURE TEST!
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:15:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I’ve always considered them to be value precision barrels and not something I’d be mag dumping, but I’m sure it’ll shoot great for thousands of rounds. Anyway he said awhile back if you shoot one out he’ll replace it. Dunno if he was being for real or if that still stands though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:22:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Speaking of Larue Stealths -
I tried to swap my old school Larue rail out last week, and holy shit. Does Mark weld the Fing Allen screws into the gas block or what?
I torched the shit out of them, was able to get 2 to crack loose, but failed on the last one. Might have to drill it out I guess.

Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:22:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I've probably got over 5-6k through mine still shoots wonderfully.  Got it in one of the giveaways
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:45:00 PM EDT
[#11]
If you have a problem with one just call their customer service department.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:52:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ve always considered them to be value precision barrels and not something I’d be mag dumping, but I’m sure it’ll shoot great for thousands of rounds. Anyway he said awhile back if you shoot one out he’ll replace it. Dunno if he was being for real or if that still stands though.
View Quote

Way before LaRue was making his own barrels...I shot out one his barrels...it was a stainless steel barrel...Keyholing at 50 yrds...

Sent it in and I got a new barrel for $200...
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:25:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I built one around 10 years ago, sighted it in with the first optic, changed my mind and then sighted in with a second optic, and then promptly got into retro rifles. Mine has a few hundred rounds through it tops. I guess I should get it back out. The problem is lately I’m just into pistols, and pretty soon the governments going to let me have my suppressors. I should probably try some long range shooting with it because inside a couple of hundred yards it’s boringly accurate.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:27:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Way before LaRue was making his own barrels...I shot out one his barrels...it was a stainless steel barrel...Keyholing at 50 yrds...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s awesome. I fucked up a Stealth on an install by halfassing it without proper tools. I’m sure they came to the same conclusion when I sent it in. No matter though, they not only sent me a brand new one but sent me the best grouping one of the lot since I said I couldn’t get it to shoot well (which, probably not, since I fucked it up). Pretty fucking cool of them. Also, fuck that barrel can shoot way better than it has any business shooting for its price. I’d have to get my notes but it shoots no shit .7ish MOA with BH 77’s (average of 5 five-shot groups no less, not that cherry-picked 3 shot shit).
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:35:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Probably 20-30k rounds functional, and maybe half that without really degrading accuracy. Depends on how hard it’s run, ammo, steel/brass, etc
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:37:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Prove it.

I’ve NEVER seen a barrel go that long without a degradation of accuracy.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:41:49 AM EDT
[#18]
OP, do you have one?  How many rounds are on it now?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:42:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Prove it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prove it.

My KAC is around there it's still around MOA. Is it the same as brand new? No. Is it still a very accurate rifle? Yes.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:44:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

My KAC is around there it's still around MOA. Is it the same as brand new? No. Is it still a very accurate rifle? Yes.
View Quote

Right.

One ragged hole is not an moa.

That is considerably better.

If the stealth barrels were running .30 moa at 10k rounds, you would see every competitive guy in the world running them, because they would be literally the best 5.56 barrel ever made.

For a stainless barrel I generally see groups start to open up around 3-4K, and get worse from there. Usually by 5-6k groups are significantly worse.

That doesn’t mean it’s a shotgun, just means there has been a significant degradation.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:45:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Lifetime for most users
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:06:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Not a stealth, but same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsYD6JKm840
View Quote

Larue makes good stuff.

That’s about as good as it gets.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:08:48 AM EDT
[#23]
probably longer longevity than the average barrel.  And in either case, will last many more rounds than most people are likely to ever shoot through it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 4:47:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top