Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2018 12:54:25 PM EDT
OK so we are currently expecting our first child in a few more weeks. That means that Mother's Day will be a thing in our house now. I'm giving myself lots of time to get sorted out because after the baby arrives, I don't expect to have any functioning brain cells or time to come up with and execute a plan.

What sort of ideas have you got for a first mother's day? I need to knock this one out of the park for her because of how much it took for us to get to this point.

She's not a shooter, so gun related ideas are out. She claims to have all the jewelry that she wants. Flowers are already in the yes column. I'm afraid to get frilly underthings because she's really self conscious about her body (pfffft... works fine on me, lemme tell ya!!) So, bearing all that in mind, I can't think of any other ideas yet so I'm consulting the XX chromosome hive mind. What would you want for your first mother's day?
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#1]
nictra's SO usurping his handle here.

Give her a day all about her. A 2-month-old at home is going to take up all of here time and she won't have the time or energy to do anything for herself. Start with making her breakfast, then give her something that gets her out of the house to be a woman again, not a mom. Mani/Pedi certificate (at her favorite place), massage, or something that she is interested in but doesn't have the ability to do anymore. Then get a sitter and take her out on a date.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 6:22:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with Nictra's SO.  It sounds odd for a Mother's Day gift, but, nothing related to being a mom.  No "free diaper changes" or anything like "lounging clothes."  A spa day is great!  A massage, nails, hair, even the jewelry that she "has so much of."  New moms don't feel sexy AT ALL, so anything that helps her feel that way is a win.

Also, quality time with you, which will be at a premium for the next eighteen years.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 11:12:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Let her sleep.

Then send her to the salon. Hair and nails.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 9:10:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
nictra's SO usurping his handle here.

Give her a day all about her. A 2-month-old at home is going to take up all of here time and she won't have the time or energy to do anything for herself. Start with making her breakfast, then give her something that gets her out of the house to be a woman again, not a mom. Mani/Pedi certificate (at her favorite place), massage, or something that she is interested in but doesn't have the ability to do anymore. Then get a sitter and take her out on a date.
View Quote
Definitely sounds like a winning idea! I will put something together in this way and see how it goes!

Thank you for your kind assistance!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top