User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:17:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The right is populated with paper tigers. Plain and simple. Nobody ever believed that the right would get meaningfully called out on it either but here we are and reality is the proof.

Years of bluster and chest thumping. Decades of bluster and chest thumping.

This place is a glowing beacon on the hill of hollow bravado, savage memes and meaningless internet bluster.

We have a few stand outs but only a few. The vast majority on the right have been conquered by the same ideology that they have claimed for years were the soft ones in society. As it turns out, that's 100% backwards.

Future generations will hold this one with the highest degree of contempt and deservedly so.

View Quote

lol

It took 25+ years from rumblings to the DOI being penned.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:31:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

lol

View Quote

English colonies tended to have bad feelings with England from pretty much the beginning. But after the French and Indian War it really kicked up.

Also it is worth while to consider that the colonial militia had some real advantages we don't have. They were an organized and trained militia. They had secure comms.

They had purged the militia leadership of loyalists: all were let go and then "new" officers appointed. In most cases they simply re-appointed the previous guy, but not if he was a loyalist.

The Brits seriously underestimated how much they were hated in the countryside. Of course, I'm talking New England here, other colonies were not as uniform in supporting the rebellion.

So the colonials were well organized and had secure comms. And they were not lousy with FBI informants.

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:40:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

lol

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The right is populated with paper tigers. Plain and simple. Nobody ever believed that the right would get meaningfully called out on it either but here we are and reality is the proof.

This place is a glowing beacon on the hill of hollow bravado, savage memes and meaningless internet bluster.

We have a few stand outs but only a few. The vast majority on the right have been conquered by the same ideology that they have claimed for years were the soft ones in society. As it turns out, that's 100% backwards.

Future generations will hold this one with the highest degree of contempt and deservedly so.

lol

And? WTF does that have to do with anything now?

Had vigilance and backbone been present in this generation, there'd be no conversation about this. We only had/have to defend liberty, not create it from scratch against the most powerful army in the world at the time., yet here we are.

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:50:30 PM EDT
[#4]
It seems the Congress people could get a Federal Judge to sign some kind of paper and have the US Marshals go with the Congress people and tell the guards to open up or ELSE. It's not going to be fun or pretty.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:56:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It seems the Congress people could get a Federal Judge to sign some kind of paper and have the US Marshals go with the Congress people and tell the guards to open up or ELSE. It's not going to be fun or pretty.
View Quote

They probably could've called and scheduled a visit and try to confer with facility management but instead they just showed up unannounced with a camera crew and demanded entry.  I would expect anyone else acting that way to be treated similarly.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Had vigilance and backbone been present in this generation, there'd be no conversation about this. We only had/have to defend liberty, not create it from scratch against the most powerful army in the world at the time., yet here we are.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

The point being, huffing and puffing is part of the process, until someone gets tired of it and does something. Rhetoric and actions take time to boilover into martyrdom and a cause. Not nearly enough of the 55+ demographic wants change yet.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nearly the entire DC circuit feels a personal slight and that this was an attack on them personally. You'll not find many judges without a conflict of interest here.

Evidenced by the fact that the people that interrupted the Kav hearing, just paid a $50 fine.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 5:32:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

English colonies tended to have bad feelings with England from pretty much the beginning. But after the French and Indian War it really kicked up.

Also it is worth while to consider that the colonial militia had some real advantages we don't have. They were an organized and trained militia. They had secure comms.

They had purged the militia leadership of loyalists: all were let go and then "new" officers appointed. In most cases they simply re-appointed the previous guy, but not if he was a loyalist.

The Brits seriously underestimated how much they were hated in the countryside. Of course, I'm talking New England here, other colonies were not as uniform in supporting the rebellion.

So the colonials were well organized and had secure comms. And they were not lousy with FBI informants.

View Quote

I know it is fiction, but the Writer/s of Outlander really pegged that feeling in the series.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 5:51:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
466 Posts....
Join date 2011.

View Quote

They just recently acquired the account give them time
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Even the fucking UN is starting to think this is Venezuela type bullshit.  Trespassing as a felony charge? In a public owned venue none the less.  GTFO of here with this bullshit….
View Quote

The people cooling their heels in the slammer aren't only charged with trespass / unlawful entry. Those folks who were merely trespassing and didn't hurt anyone, damage anything, threaten anyone, or steal anything, i.e. peaceful protestors, mostly didn't even get charged at all, or if they did just got a slap on the wrist.

The people who are still in custody face serious charges like assaulting police officers, carrying weapons, etc.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:08:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The people cooling their heels in the slammer aren't only charged with trespass / unlawful entry. Those folks who were merely trespassing and didn't hurt anyone, damage anything, threaten anyone, or steal anything, i.e. peaceful protestors, mostly didn't even get charged at all, or if they did just got a slap on the wrist.

The people who are still in custody face serious charges like assaulting police officers, carrying weapons, etc.
View Quote
Bull.  Shit.  

They just convicted a guy of a felony and sentenced him to 8 months in PMITA prison who was only guilty of taking a selfie with the Viking Hat guy inside the Capitol.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:09:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are talking out of your ass
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:12:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They probably could've called and scheduled a visit and try to confer with facility management but instead they just showed up unannounced with a camera crew and demanded entry.  I would expect anyone else acting that way to be treated similarly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you watched the video, they said they all wrote letters to prison officials asking to tour and were ignored.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Nearly the entire DC circuit feels a personal slight and that this was an attack on them personally. You'll not find many judges without a conflict of interest here.

Evidenced by the fact that the people that interrupted the Kav hearing, just paid a $50 fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes, instead of being charged with the Federal crime of Obstructing Congress, and another federal crime of parading, Picketing, or Demonstrating in a Capitol building (the Senate hearing room was in a Senate Office Building, which IS part of the Capitol, they were instead charged with a local DC city statute violation. Hence the $50
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:16:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If you watched the video, they said they all wrote letters to prison officials asking to tour and were ignored.
View Quote

I don’t blame anyone for ignoring useless assholes, which all members of Congress are.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:19:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

You are talking out of your ass
View Quote

The list of names of people still in jail was posted above, let's see if they were only charged with trespassing. I'll do the first three in alphabetical order:

ALAM, Zachary Jordan
Case Number:
1:21-cr-190
Charge(s):
Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers; Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers Using a Dangerous Weapon; Civil Disorder and Aiding and Abetting; Destruction of Government Property Exceeding $1,000; Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon; Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Building; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in Capitol

BIGGS, Joseph Randall
Case Number:
1:21-cr-175
Charge(s):
Conspiracy; Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting; Destruction of Government Property and Aiding and Abetting; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds

BROCKHOFF, Nicholas James
Case Number:
21-mj-444
Charge(s):
Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding certain officers or employeed in the performance of the duties

Use of a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon

Obstruction of Law Enforcement during Civil Disorder

Knowingly Enterin or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds without Lawful Authority

Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds

Knowingly Engages in Act of Physical Violence in the Grounds or any of the Capitol Buildings

Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:40:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The list of names of people still in jail was posted above, let's see if they were only charged with trespassing. I'll do the first three in alphabetical order:

ALAM, Zachary Jordan
Case Number:
1:21-cr-190
Charge(s):
Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers; Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers Using a Dangerous Weapon; Civil Disorder and Aiding and Abetting; Destruction of Government Property Exceeding $1,000; Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon; Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Building; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in Capitol

BIGGS, Joseph Randall
Case Number:
1:21-cr-175
Charge(s):
Conspiracy; Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting; Destruction of Government Property and Aiding and Abetting; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds

BROCKHOFF, Nicholas James
Case Number:
21-mj-444
Charge(s):
Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding certain officers or employeed in the performance of the duties

Use of a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon

Obstruction of Law Enforcement during Civil Disorder

Knowingly Enterin or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds without Lawful Authority

Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds

Knowingly Engages in Act of Physical Violence in the Grounds or any of the Capitol Buildings

View Quote
And I suppose you have proof of all those charges out there in the ass end of nowhere in the state of Washington, right?  Right?

Prosecutors can charge anything they want.  Proving the charges is another matter.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:04:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Accused of trespass: Reps Matt Gaetz, Marjorie Taylor Greene and Louie Gohmert blocked from entering DC jail while trying to visit accused January 6 rioters

Video

A group of House Republicans were accused of trespass by a detention facility in Washington D.C. while trying to visit some of the people held over the January 6 Capitol riots.

Louie Gohmert, Matt Gaetz, Paul Gosar and Marjorie Taylor Greene attempted to visit some of those arrested following the unrest in the capital.

Footage showed Gohmert, of Texas, and Greene, of Georgia, being intercepted by a guard while they tried to enter the building.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/07/30/13/46088529-9843677-The_pair_were_told_they_were_obstructing_the_entrance_to_the_fac-a-109_1627649963795.jpg

The pair were told they were obstructing the entrance to the facility, and Greene told the group she has 'great concerns' if the attitude is any indication of how they're treating their prisoners inside, Mediaite reported.

Gohmert said: 'If they can consider us trespassers — [we] fund this facility, have top-secret clearance...

'We do inspect facilities, and I've never, ever — in the years I've been in Congress — ever run into an issue like this until this administration took over.'

More than 535 people have been charged in taking part in the January 6 violence

More
View Quote

Can't challenge an angry lesbian holding the door. It's like social justice law.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yeah I remember when they put up the plexi barricades and Harry Reid  was overheard saying “good, now we don’t have to smell them!”

Back when I was younger, you could move around the Capitol relatively unabated, I even got to go down in the tunnels.  My dad was a big 2A advocate and would go meet with reps in person all the time. He lived in DC for awhile.  This was back before Congress held all this contempt for Americans and they behaved like civil servants.  Now the hubris and seriousness they take themselves with, lol…they’re living parodies.  Even if they were torturing me, I’d likely be chuckling the whole time because I just cannot take them seriously.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

a 'restricted' public venue

Yeah I remember when they put up the plexi barricades and Harry Reid  was overheard saying “good, now we don’t have to smell them!”

Back when I was younger, you could move around the Capitol relatively unabated, I even got to go down in the tunnels.  My dad was a big 2A advocate and would go meet with reps in person all the time. He lived in DC for awhile.  This was back before Congress held all this contempt for Americans and they behaved like civil servants.  Now the hubris and seriousness they take themselves with, lol…they’re living parodies.  Even if they were torturing me, I’d likely be chuckling the whole time because I just cannot take them seriously.

Beamters know what's good for us and are apart from us. the entire structure of the government is now a secular God and will deliver us to utopia.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:45:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean, I believe that, but have also watched Republicans pay lip service to the second amendment for decades and never REALLY fight when push comes to shove, just like they’re not really going to fight for these people, but instead make a show of fighting.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
And I suppose you have proof of all those charges out there in the ass end of nowhere in the state of Washington, right?  Right?

Prosecutors can charge anything they want.  Proving the charges is another matter.
View Quote

Everyone knows they're innocent until proven guilty, I'm just correcting the claim that they were charged with trespassing. They were people charged with trespassing, but they were released, and the ones who plead guilty so far got slapped on the wrists.

The guys being held in jail are charged with serious felonies, in most cases serious crimes of violence.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:02:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
this pisses me off.

Its an affront to the most basic of human rights.

View Quote

Sounds more like what the Chinese people protesting would experience, not Americans.  
Communists planned dry run to see if they can get away with it with a few then expand it to the masses??
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:07:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 7:13:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Everyone knows they're innocent until proven guilty, I'm just correcting the claim that they were charged with trespassing. They were people charged with trespassing, but they were released, and the ones who plead guilty so far got slapped on the wrists.

The guys being held in jail are charged with serious felonies, in most cases serious crimes of violence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DOJ Attorney Kathryn Fifield told Judge Trevor McFadden on Friday that she will not have evidence ready against political prisoner Timothy Hale-Cusanelli until 2022 at the earliest.Hale-Cusanelli did not even commit a violent crime. He has no criminal record.His charges relate to trespassing, obstruction, and disorderly conduct.

Civil Disorder;
Aiding and Abetting;
Obstruction of an Official Proceeding;
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds;
Impeding Ingress and Egress in a Restricted Building;
Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building;

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top