Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2023 11:13:08 PM EDT
I'm thinking about moving to southern New Hampshire.  I did some searches but couldn't find any place for non NH or MA retired officers to do annual quals.  My department won't do it and the local training center said that they will only do it for retirees that currently live in NYS.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 1:42:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Call the Sheriff office in the county you will be living in and ask them if they have open range dates when retired police officers can firearms qual.  In Iowa the SO issues carry permits and also issues the LEOSA 50 state carry permit and no charge for the qual or the LEOSA permit.   Note retired police are still not exempt from Gun Free School Zones and federal buildings and some states laws on mag capacity apply to QRLEO.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 11:57:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 11:00:41 PM EDT
[#3]
They do MA residents or officers retired from MA.  
We also provide the class that complies with HR 218, Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act of 2004. We can perform the annual firearms qualifications for MA residents, who are retired LEOs who are eligible under LEOSA - or - Officers who retired from a MA agency or Federal Agents, regardless of their state residence. A Massachusetts LEOSA qualification card will be issued upon completion of this class.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I am a MA certified LEOSA instructor for those who live in MA or retired from a MA agency. I do this in NH at Londonderry Fish & Game Club on request.

I retired from MA and now live in SE NH. I have found it tough to find LEOSA certification in NH. Probably the biggest reason is that a NH certified LEOSA instructor has to be an active LEO in NH. The day an officer retires, he loses his POST certification and can no longer qualify anyone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top