Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2018 4:37:44 PM EDT
Quite some time ago a Police Officer in one of the sub forums did a write up of his perspective of criminals.  It was a well done & very informative piece, I wish every civilian could read it.  I thought I had copied and saved to my computer but cannot find.  His post, in my opinion, should have been a sticky.
I want to say I think he worked in the Chicago area.  But you know how the mind works, I think I am the right weight just the wrong height.
I know I am asking a lot but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 4:47:42 PM EDT
[#1]
It is a great read IIRC it was called Street robberies and the basics or something like that
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 4:50:15 PM EDT
[#2]
"Civilian", you say?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe...
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 5:02:58 PM EDT
[#3]
In GD, "Street Robbery and you." By BurnedOutLeo.
Still active post with 47 pages in GD.
Excellent real-truth article.  Have it saved in my subscribed list.

Dont know how to post the link from my iPad...
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 11:30:15 PM EDT
[#5]
feudist --- I do not know what else to call us, John Q public( where ever that came from), butcher, baker or candle stick maker, sheeple (do not count me in that group) the masses.  I hope my sentence structure did not infer otherwise.  I am just a farmer who loves what he does and respects LEOs.

Thanks, BoggsAZ & VooDoo3dfx really appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 1:40:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been pushing the term 'citizen'.

Don't take it personal, he's referring to the neverending pissfight about exactly who 'civilians' are. As in, civil authorities vs military. Since we are in a technical forum, that argument apparently will take longer to ignite. (shrugs)
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 3:06:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks high_order1,  I did not take it personal, hell I have been married for 43 years to a head strong woman who hates guns.  Citizen never entered my mind till now so again Thank You.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
feudist --- I do not know what else to call us, John Q public( where ever that came from), butcher, baker or candle stick maker, sheeple (do not count me in that group) the masses.  I hope my sentence structure did not infer otherwise.  I am just a farmer who loves what he does and respects LEOs.

Thanks, BoggsAZ & VooDoo3dfx really appreciate the help.
View Quote
Oh I was yanking the GD chain.

In my department, we always called them citizens. The whole "Civilian" thing is a ginned up internet gunboard controversy.

It really gets some people going.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:01:03 AM EDT
[#9]
I’ve read that post three times over and over again...

It was about the criminals and their mind set... Criminal actors he was exposed to on the street...

Great Read for those with street smarts or junior law enforcement entry...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top