Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2020 12:16:17 PM EDT
We acquired a model M2124 LR from L3.  We have it attached to a Remington 700P via the STOMP package from LaRue.

Is there any agencies here that are qualifying at night with such a setup?

For example I'm looking to see what type of qualification your shooters are going through.

As for now we only qualify during daytime.  The brass is wanting to know what other agencies are doing for a night qual.

This past Saturday night we were setup on the range, no moon, and the normal qual targets were not even visible.

Making the weapon safe, one of us would walk in front of the L3 unit just to see what kind of descriptors could be achieved.  An outline of a person was plainly visible.

I am thinking we are in need of an IR light.

If you do not feel comfortable posting a reply here contact me by IM.  I will then send you my dept email address.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 11:18:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Will your department send you to a low light school? I think with some training gaps filled what you need to do next will be apparent. Also, check out this site's night vision forum and archives; there's a TON of data in there you may find of benefit.

Nice acquisition!
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 4:15:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I would say they would send someone.  I'm getting ready to retire in November so it will not be me.

The officer of whom the Remington 700P & NV is issued to is contacting triad NC agencies to get input from them.

I'm going to post this topic in the NV forum to see if I can get an increase in replies.  I'm meeting with the Colonel tomorrow.  Thanks for replying high_order1.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By high_order1:
Will your department send you to a low light school? I think with some training gaps filled what you need to do next will be apparent. Also, check out this site's night vision forum and archives; there's a TON of data in there you may find of benefit. 

Nice acquisition!
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/13/2020 10:23:44 AM EDT
[#3]
If you are in NC I would recommend contacting the Guilford County Sheriff’s team. They are very experienced with NODs.

If you can’t get a POC there, contact Esoteric LLC they are in your state and work closely with NC LE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top