Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2021 1:29:54 AM EDT
I will be having surgery next week and I would like to have a "Last Will and Testament" just in case, can anyone help me with some type of template or advice?
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 2:04:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Nolo Press is a great place to start.

Nolo is a website dedicated to bringing law stuff to mortals like you and me.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 8:35:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I erred when helping my parents write theirs.  I had them notarize them but in my state that means nothing, must be two witnesses.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 10:45:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I strongly recommend you get with a local lawyer if you're interested in getting the result you want. This is an area where people try to save a little money and cost their family a great deal of money, time and stress in sorting things out later due to mistakes like the one mentioned above.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 10:26:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I strongly recommend you get with a local lawyer if you're interested in getting the result you want. This is an area where people try to save a little money and cost their family a great deal of money, time and stress in sorting things out later due to mistakes like the one mentioned above.
View Quote

Which is exactly what my mother did by going DIY.  She did it wrong and ended up passing intestate which cost ten times as much as the legal fees to have an attorney draft everything up correctly while she was still alive.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 12:26:53 PM EDT
[#5]
A lawyer friend of mine says he makes more money handling estates with DIY wills than he does working on estates without wills.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top