Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2020 1:06:02 PM EDT

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/kona-teases-new-honzo-esd-and-shonky-hardtails.html
Looks like Kona is finally updated the Honzo  looks like 62-63 ° head angle  150mm fork.
Roudy hard-core hardtail.
I'm stoked, I'm waiting for the info to drop as to if it can accommodate 29x2.6  tires for teh   winnn!
I'm currently rocking a 2016 Honzo 29er and a 2017 big Honzo  set up 29er.
The longer reach slacker head angle  and  keeping the short chainstays will be a Pisgah  downhill trail weapon.
I want a Guerrilla Gravity trail pistol  (they can roll 29x2.6) but I'm a hardtail hard head.
So the full squish might wait until next year.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 4:27:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Click on the link.
I suck at posting pictures!
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#3]
As a guy who spent the day at KOLO, and yesterday at Pisgah on a hard tail, I’m thinking heavily about the FS route.  That, or I’m just old and fat.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:57:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As a guy who spent the day at KOLO, and yesterday at Pisgah on a hard tail, I’m thinking heavily about the FS route.  That, or I’m just old and fat.
View Quote

I'm 52, 30+years as a mountain biker.
I'm loving my Honzo hardtails.
The more aggressive geo will allow more capability, for me to tackle the really tricky stuff with mo bedder chances of getting through the other side unscathed.
And ultimately not beating me so much cause I can ride the fork more.
Really I'm needing a  full suspension bike, however my wife wants new kitchen cabinets and all new windows next year. Sooooo ill be on the back burner.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:59:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

A lot of it depends on the type of hardtail. I have a YT Jeffsy full suspension and a Commencal Meta 29 hardtail. Besides the obvious lack of rear suspension, the geometey and handling are very similar. You definitely work harder on a hardtail and rely on picking lines and skills. I am faster on my FS, but it also makes me lazy. FWIW, both my bikes weigh about the same.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 10:35:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm 52, 30+years as a mountain biker.
I'm loving my Honzo hardtails.
The more aggressive geo will allow more capability, for me to tackle the really tricky stuff with mo bedder chances of getting through the other side unscathed.
And ultimately not beating me so much cause I can ride the fork more.
Really I'm needing a  full suspension bike, however my wife wants new kitchen cabinets and all new windows next year. Sooooo ill be on the back burner.
View Quote

Lool at what you wrote. You NEED full squish. She WANTS new cabinets. Tell her I said to quit being so damn selfish.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 9:34:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Lool at what you wrote. You NEED full squish. She WANTS new cabinets. Tell her I said to quit being so damn selfish.
View Quote

Na I still enjoy the hardtail. Full squish makes for a lazy rider.
HOWEVER, I do want a full squish, ill just happened next fall.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 7:40:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, you just go faster.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 4:38:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No, you just go faster.
View Quote

I'm faster than most folks riding full squish round here on all while on a hardtail.
And yes dual suspension makes you lazy.
Been there done that.
I'm not saying that I don't want full suspension.
Its just another bike in the quiver of a well rounded rider!
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 10:16:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm faster than most folks riding full squish round here on all while on a hardtail.
And yes dual suspension makes you lazy.
Been there done that.
I'm not saying that I don't want full suspension.
Its just another bike in the quiver of a well rounded rider!
View Quote

I agree full suspension makes you lazy, but it also is faster than a hardtail if you ride it right. If you ride a full suspension like you would a hardtail (i.e. picking fast lines, riding aggressive, pumping every feature you can) you will be faster. If you sit your ass down and don't pick the right lines because the suspension allows you to, then you will ride lazy and be slow.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:36:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Skillshot is correct F.S. can make you faster.
I know ill be faster.
Its like knowing that you are faster with a red-dot vs irons, however lots of people enjoy shooting irons quickly.
Ita a back to basics kunda thing.
I enjoy riding stuff on a hardtail that many people hesitate on with full squish.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top