Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2020 5:40:22 PM EDT
Kingdom Com Deliverance, the game I swore would win the GOTY 2018, is free for a limited time.

The game is awesome, if you like medieval settings, you'll love it.  There is no magic, it's all pure sword/board, Polearms, or Bows.  Armor actually matters.

Grab it free while you can! You have until 2/20/2020 at 11:00 AM

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/kingdom-come-deliverance/home
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 7:50:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks, hopefully I can get my computer repaired soon.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 7:55:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought it right when it came out, and have barely touched it.

I really wanted to like it, but the load time was so long, I never felt like starting it up.

I also hated that you couldn’t save it whenever you wanted.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 10:53:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I really wanted to like it, but the load time was so long, I never felt like starting it up.

View Quote
Not save whenever you wanted?  Pretty sure i could on the Xbox.  I doubt the PC version wouldn't have that.

Awesome Historical Simulator.  Not a swords & sorcery kinda game so it felt different from the avalanche of fantasy games.  My only complaint were the game breaking bugs where your character would get stuck in the air and other weird occurencies.

Lockpicking was really easy BTW.

Looking forward to chapter 2.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not save whenever you wanted?  Pretty sure i could on the Xbox.  I doubt the PC version wouldn't have that.

Awesome Historical Simulator.  Not a swords & sorcery kinda game so it felt different from the avalanche of fantasy games.  My only complaint were the game breaking bugs where your character would get stuck in the air and other weird occurencies.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You had to drink savior schnapps in order to save your game, and they weren’t super common.

Lockpicking was also a nightmare on Xbox.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 1:22:01 PM EDT
[#6]
You can get a mod that lets you save whenever you want.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You had to drink savior schnapps in order to save your game, and they weren’t super common.

View Quote
O yeah, that's right.   I had more money then i could spend.  I collected all the armor and weapons to sell. -ALL THE ARMOR AND WEAPONS!!    I dabbled in some of the alchemy towards the end.

Guide to Easy Saviour Schnapps in Kingdom Come: Deliverance

I made and bought a lot of poison too.  I would sneak into enemy camps.  Poison their food and wait until they died and just pick up their stuff.

Lockpicking was NOT a nightmare on Xbox.  You could practice it a bunch and boost your stats with the trainer lock at the Mill House.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance – Easy Leveling Up Lockpicking Skill XP
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Created an account, bought it and it'll sit there for a bit.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 6:04:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
O yeah, that's right.   I had more money then i could spend.  I collected all the armor and weapons to sell. -ALL THE ARMOR AND WEAPONS!!    I dabbled in some of the alchemy towards the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abHKyZJi90c

I made and bought a lot of poison too.  I would sneak into enemy camps.  Poison their food and wait until they died and just pick up their stuff.

Lockpicking was NOT a nightmare on Xbox.  You could practice it a bunch and boost your stats with the trainer lock at the Mill House.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAYoYJrWkAk
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abHKyZJi90c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAYoYJrWkAk
I only played the game maybe three or four times, so I didn’t have much time to get good at anything. I should really pick it up again.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 8:33:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Good enough game for free

Bought it and beat it shortly after it released. Very unforgiving. Like you have to actually swing a sword over and over to get better as swinging swords

Haven't logged back into it once since beating it though and none of the expansions really seemed remotely worth their asking price for what you got
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:57:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Optimization is horrible.  Cutscenes are choppy, unwatchable ass on my 1080Ti...
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 1:03:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 1:04:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 2:20:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Optimization is horrible.  Cutscenes are choppy, unwatchable ass on my 1080Ti...
View Quote
I think your 1080 Ti might be broken...

Ran flawlessly on my 1080 Ti.  No issues aside from a long load time on the initial load.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 4:10:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Hopefully the game is mostly patched up by now.  I am going to play through it again before chapter 2 rolls out.

I spent most of the time doing this below.  I would wear the darkest clothes and often not wear much armor.  Bon Appetite suckers!    sometimes they would not eat no matter how much time you sped forward, others they would all get hungry and die at the same time.  If it was just one or two guys left, i would sneak down and shank one while they were asleep leaving only one guy to fight...maybe shoot.

Kingdom Come Deliverance - Poisoning a Bandit Camp

Also, ditch the swords.  Polearms and heavy blunt weapons won me more fights.  Maces and Warhammers.  Axes were handy.  Not so dashing like in a movie or fantasy show, but it ended fights much quicker.  Fighting from horseback with a polearm was good for small groups of unarmored bandits.  Just run them down.  I was more of a bandit than the bandits.   You can also practice sneaking up behind people at the Mill House.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 4:26:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:24:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks jatobi.  I passed it on to my family too.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 9:38:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
It all ran fine on my RX580.  Not on max, though.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 9:42:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Thanks jatobi.  I passed it on to my family too.
View Quote
NP, was my favorite game of the year, this is an outstanding deal on a great game

Glad more people get to try it out without having to pay for it!
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 8:05:03 AM EDT
[#20]
If it wasn't on epic, I'd give it a try. It looks like a good game.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 1:12:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Member when they said they were going to release expansions? Not crap dlc.
It's a fun game, just the load times and optimization isn't the best.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 5:33:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn you people! I downloaded the game have been glued to it for the past week.

At first I thought the game was crap since I was getting my ass kicked by ever Tom Dick and Harry.  Took a bit to learn that the game was going for realism over fantasy.

I just got done talking to Timmy and am on my way to find the bandits camp so I’m not sure how far I am in the game but it’s great now.

I’ve used a sword all the way up to this point but I’m starting to experiment with the Baliffs Mace now with a shield. I’m liking this.

My biggest complaint at this point is the fact you can’t keep polearms.  You should be able to keep them on the horse for mounted combat.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 6:02:04 AM EDT
[#23]
I bought the game last year and I loved it enough that I even slogged through it with an inadequate CPU. The game is probably the most CPU intensive I have ever played next to Stellaris. I can't wait for the sequel.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Great game but fuck the epic game store.

View Quote
I'm not a fan of the Epic store but I have probably 40 games on it already, and the vast majority were free.... all I've paid for is Borderlands 3 and Satisfactory.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 10:48:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Just in case anyone was interested, the game is $15.99 on PS4 for PS+ members until March 18th.

I noticed it while looking at some other games on sale. I almost fo'd but figured I can wait since I still have plenty of other games to finish and it might be even cheaper by then.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 10:49:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need to learn the alchemy skills then.

The game does not hand-hold you, if you save every five minutes like many players expect these days or fail to sleep (which also saves), you're going to bumble through the experience like the town drunk.

Poison arrows FTW.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 12:50:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The game does not hand-hold you, if you save every five minutes like many players expect these days or fail to sleep (which also saves), you're going to bumble through the experience like the town drunk.

Poison arrows FTW.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Poison arrows FTW.

Kharn

Typically I’m not sure how long I’ll be able to play, and interruptions aren’t uncommon.

Not being able to save at any time is a hindrance.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 12:51:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 12:57:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

There are mods to enable saving.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Typically I’m not sure how long I’ll be able to play, and interruptions aren’t uncommon.

There are mods to enable saving.

On console?
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 2:04:08 AM EDT
[#30]
I have recently reinstalled this on Xbox one and its a lot more stable.  Still the occasional hang or pop up, but no worse then Skyrim or Fallout 4 in terms of game breaking glitches.  I love this game.

Don't forget, you can still save during rest as well as game exit.  

There are dogs now, they sometimes help you if you have a dog.  Really bad if the bandit guys have a dog.  I now shoot the dogs first....

There are Tournaments and more fights it seems.  I like this as it helps with getting your character more experience.  I got my new characters ass kicked in the first round, but its ok as i level up without worrying about death, just loosing some Groschen.

Theresa is more of a Tomboy as i am currently playing her side story.  Too bad i couldn't get her to wear armor and use a shield.  Been backstabbing Cumans in the side of the face with her.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 2:26:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 7:29:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Poison arrows FTW.

Kharn

Hit Escape, tell your kids to not touch your shit.

Kharn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top