Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2021 10:22:25 AM EDT
I have tried most everything (other than moving) to stop a neighbor's dog from barking all day. The owner goes to work and leaves the dog in the front yard where the dog sits and barks constantly. When I go outside in my yard, he REALLY barks at me. I can't sit on my front porch without hearing BARK, BARK, BARK, BARK, BARK, BARK, BARK, BARK, BARK.

I finally picked up a fairly powerful handheld green laser.

The past few days, when I have gone in my yard, and he has commenced barking at me, I have just pointed the beam at him and pressed the ON button.

He has shut up and turned and gone around his owner's house.

I don't know if it could cause eye damage or not, and frankly I don't care. It's a shame that dogs pay the price for owners' lack of consideration of their neighbors.

But it's cheap, quick, silent, and does not piss off the neighbor . . . as long as he's not home.

One of these (in the narrow beam mode---not the twinkling stars mode):
Attachment Attached File

Link

It's smaller than appears in the photo.

PS: Kids love the twinkling star mode, but don't point it at them.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:24:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think blinding a dog is a reasonable response to them barking at you. And the law won't feel that way either.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:28:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Anti-freeze is your Friend. Nothing worse then an ignorant dog owner who leaves his God damn dog outside to bark all day.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:29:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anti-freeze is your Friend. Nothing worse then an ignorant dog owner who leaves his God damn dog outside to bark all day.
View Quote

It's not the dog's fault.

Also, antifreeze has had bitterant added to it for years now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:29:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, but how do you make the ignorant owner drink the anti-freeze?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:30:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Call your county dog warden, every time.

There is likely rules in place for both noise, and time a dog can be left chained/fenced during the day.

He won't do anything to fix it until it starts to cost him money.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:31:09 AM EDT
[#6]
It's shit like that is why I won't live in a city anymore.

If it's not some shitbird's dog barking all day/night it's a blaring stereo, if it's not that it's people yelling and screaming and banging shit around.  

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:31:57 AM EDT
[#7]
What did the owner say when you talked to them.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:34:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the same laser, makes a decent long range illuminator with the bezel backed out for a diffuse beam.
I've never tried to blind anything but I've made turkeys fight each other trying to get the green dot. ??
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:36:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nobody talks to their neighbors anymore, you know that...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:40:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wanted to know this too.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:41:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have the same laser, makes a decent long range illuminator with the bezel backed out for a diffuse beam.
I've never tried to blind anything but I've made turkeys fight each other trying to get the green dot. ??
View Quote

What's the power rating?  It's not listed in the auction.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:43:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Wow. This will be a shitshow.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:43:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Why do you hate Freedom?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Depends if you are rural or city.  If rural, you can just burn his house down.  It’s justified cause yer great granppy or other kin was bit by someones dogs round those parts some eighty eight years ago.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:45:55 AM EDT
[#16]
OP didn’t say he pointed it at the dog’s eyes. He simply said he pointed it at the dog. This would draw a visible line through the air to the dog like a string stretched between them. That is probably confusing and freaky to the dog who simply decides he doesn’t want to be there anymore.

The responses in this thread are proof that not all Karens wear lipstick.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:45:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Be a man and talk to your neighbor.if you don’t succeed, start calling the police.  The fines will get him to comply, eventually.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
OP didn’t say he pointed it at the dog’s eyes. He simply said he pointed it at the dog. This would draw a visible line through the air to the dog like a string stretched between them. That is probably confusing and freaky to the dog who simply decides he doesn’t want to be there anymore.

The responses in this thread are proof that not all Karens wear lipstick.

View Quote

That’s not how lasers work
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:46:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I feel sorry for the dogs.
It's a lack of training on the lazy owner's part , rather than the dog's fault most every time.

I couldn't poison someone's dogs though.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:48:40 AM EDT
[#20]
I think getting the dog to chase the laser and tear the shit out of the neighbors doors and windows would be much more satisfying.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:48:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Just throw the dog a wiener every once in a while. He will learn to love you.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:50:08 AM EDT
[#23]
I can't stand assholes who let their dogs bark all the time.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:51:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bullshit. I went to my neighbors to bitch about their fucking dogs barking at 5:45 am. I went in my underwear, fuck them. I kept ringing the doorbell over and over and the bitch owner was screaming at me to stop. I said how do you like it, shut those fucking dogs up.

Then, I had my HOA send a violation notice for nuisance dogs. Three violations and the HOA can have the dogs removed. Fuck those noisy bastards and the fucktard owners who allow it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:51:34 AM EDT
[#25]
I clicked this tread just to make sure you weren't my neighbor.

To my Neighbor,
Sorry 'bout the baking dog.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I think getting the dog to chase the laser and tear the shit out of the neighbors doors and windows would be much more satisfying.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly.

Also, record the dog and then wait until the neighbor is home on the weekend/weekday and play it back over and over again through speakers aimed at his house.

But talking to him may work too.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:52:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Bullshit. I went to my neighbors to bitch about their fucking dogs barking at 5:45 am. I went in my underwear, fuck them. I kept ringing the doorbell over and over and the bitch owner was screaming at me to stop. I said how do you like it, shut those fucking dogs up.

Then, I had my HOA send a violation notice for nuisance dogs. Three violations and the HOA can have the dogs removed. Fuck those noisy bastards and the fucktard owners who allow it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I don't think blinding a dog is a reasonable response to them barking at you. And the law won't feel that way either.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:53:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Your one sick person.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:53:40 AM EDT
[#30]
I had shitbag neighbors who would do the same and decided to fight fire with fire. I pointed a speaker in their direction and put wolf calls on a loop whenever their dag started barking at clouds.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:54:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Just throw the dog a wiener every once in a while. He will learn to love you.
View Quote

Sometimes the easiest solutions are the best.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Insanely cruel and shitty.

Congrats, ARFCom.....blinding a dog isn't good enough, we need to liquify its innards with a caustic chemical causing excruciating pain until it dies.

Fuck, dude. Get your heart right.

OP, call the fucking cops every time until something is done. Don't hurt the dog for its owner's stupidity.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Monica
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:57:39 AM EDT
[#34]
People who leave their dogs outside to bark are trash of the highest order.

Call the cops on them for a noise violation if it persists.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:00:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It's shit like that is why I won't live in a city anymore.

If it's not some shitbird's dog barking all day/night it's a blaring stereo, if it's not that it's people yelling and screaming and banging shit around.  

View Quote

I don't live in the city. I can hear every cunt's barking dog in a 1/4 mile radius every time I'm outside. It's really fucking old.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:00:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:01:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

OP, call the fucking cops every time until something is done. Don't hurt the dog for its owner's stupidity.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:01:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Neighbor directly across the street has a dog that barks all day long. It’s in the house and you can still hear it down the block. It also lunges at the door/windows (can hear it hit the glass) when anyone walks past.  It’s intolerable in the summer because the dumb ass leaves the windows open (doesn’t use AC apparently).

I bet you couldn’t guess the breed...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:02:13 AM EDT
[#39]
CoC 4 and 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top