Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2021 10:35:35 AM EDT
Has anyone had issues with this?  

I got my blood work done for trt and it came back showing elevated levels of creatinine and a gfr rate that indicated some kidney damage.

I was reading and I guess that high levels of protein intake along with creatine and lower water intake can cause this.

I'm getting more blood work done after my trt so I'll see if the levels get better.  I've stopped taking creatine and decreased my protein intake from 200 plus grams I was shooting for.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 10:38:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Both have been shown to be reasonably safe, but if your results change you stop taking one or both, then you have your answer.

I don't take creatine because it makes me have to piss like a race horse. Falling asleep is a chore every time I've used it, I have to piss like 5 times after laying down.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 9:25:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never had any problem but I drink 175-200 oz of water a day.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 10:43:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Has anyone had issues with this?  

I got my blood work done for trt and it came back showing elevated levels of creatinine and a gfr rate that indicated some kidney damage.

I was reading and I guess that high levels of protein intake along with creatine and lower water intake can cause this.

I'm getting more blood work done after my trt so I'll see if the levels get better.  I've stopped taking creatine and decreased my protein intake from 200 plus grams I was shooting for.
View Quote

Unless that's changed, taking creatine causes creatinine tests to come back high. Not damage,  just a false test.  Stop creatine and retest.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 12:54:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Unless that's changed, taking creatine causes creatinine tests to come back high. Not damage,  just a false test.  Stop creatine and retest.
View Quote

would it also affect the gfr?  i was reading that high creatinine levels alone aren't indicative of anything, but a bad gfr also could signal problems
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 3:45:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

would it also affect the gfr?  i was reading that high creatinine levels alone aren't indicative of anything, but a bad gfr also could signal problems
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'll have to Google it. Im not 100% sure.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 7:54:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the creatinine levels actually influence the eGFR calculation. It's been a while but I read up on that a few years back after getting some shitty results like what you have.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 12:39:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I started a teeny bit of exercise, part of which is dinner table pushbacks, in January.

Last month I developed rhabdomyolysis. My creatine kinase and gfr were affected.

Probably not your case, but, this is another thing that could possibly create the issues you're seeing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top