Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2018 12:03:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:19:41 PM EDT
[#1]
For the big money you pay for a nice truck, I wouldn't cheap out with tires. I try to stick with the known brands like Toyo, Michelin, or Goodyear. Even some of the Nittos are decent. Got a set of Toyo M/Ts on my 2500 right now with about 20k miles, and half tread left. Pretty good for a M/T. I'm going with an A/T next, however.
Edit: Sorry, didn't see the R/T in the title.... those actually look like a cool tire, but again, don't know much about Kenda. I thought you were looking for a M/T
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 10:28:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Mud terrain nitto or toyo, they are the same basically and one owns the other. All terrain get bfg all terrain ko2’s.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:14:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 11:50:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Look into Toyo or Nitto like we mentioned above. Very good tires. Look good, ride good, can get pricey though. Most of them will last more than 20k. That seems low even for a M/T... Like I said I'm at 20k on my Toyo M/Ts and they still have about half tread. Are you balancing and rotating your tires properly? Also get an alignment once a year.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 2:17:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Toyo all day.  All I run on HD pickups.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 4:00:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look into Toyo or Nitto like we mentioned above. Very good tires. Look good, ride good, can get pricey though. Most of them will last more than 20k. That seems low even for a M/T... Like I said I'm at 20k on my Toyo M/Ts and they still have about half tread. Are you balancing and rotating your tires properly? Also get an alignment once a year.
View Quote
I got 40k out of my Rubicon BFG MT's under a F-150, three still had half tread, a bad wheel bearing wore one out of round.  Not available in the OP's desired size but I will add that I LOVED those tires.

Not sure why but I keep seeing Kendas popping up, it was hard to pass a set of 2yo MT's at the JY for $400 last weekend.  Not sure if they are a new thing or what.  Never really heard of them but in the last few months they are all over the place.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:06:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Has anyone tried these yet? thinking of getting them for my 2015 2500 Heavy Duty
View Quote

Looks like the answer is no. How much do they want for those Kenda's you're looking at?

I see no compelling reason to go with any of these new......I think of them as no name tires. Maybe if they were half the price? Or say you go to discount tire and find a decent price on a brand name tire that has good reviews. Then if they stock the Kenda Klever R/T or some other tire that most people have never heard of you could try it and if you don't like the set they will get you into your original choice.

I'd personally just leave well enough alone and go with one of the big names.

Also keep a 305/70r18 in mind while you are price shopping on the net. Very close in size. I saw 305/70r18 Cooper ST Maxx for $256 a piece from Discount Tire near me. When I typed in a New York zip code they were $75 more a tire? ST Maxx is an awesome tire BTW.

MASTERCRAFT COURSER CXT 305/70R-18 $292 free shipping
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 11:42:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I went with the Ko'2 on this truck already. They lasted 20k.
I need to get a little better than that.
Current Michelin LTX 295 70 18 have lasted a little better.
View Quote
Were they the proper load range? I see this alot with diesel guys. They cheap out on tires getting a lower load range. The door pannel calls for higher psi than the tires max.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 12:43:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Were they the proper load range? I see this alot with diesel guys. They cheap out on tires getting a lower load range. The door pannel calls for higher psi than the tires max.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I went with the Ko'2 on this truck already. They lasted 20k.
I need to get a little better than that.
Current Michelin LTX 295 70 18 have lasted a little better.
You can get your load carrying capacity at different psi than what is specified on the door jamb. Unless you believe the suggested tire size is the size you are stuck with in perpetuity.

I got 50,000+ miles out of a set of load D tires max load was 3640lbs at 50 psi. No issues whatsoever going with a much larger tire not technically rated correctly. Not 10 ply but max load far exceeded the standard 3195lbs.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Buy Cooper STT Maxxs. They are a good looking rt probably made in America and will last longer and cost less then a toyo.

Toyo is overpriced and overrated.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Buy Cooper STT Maxxs. They are a good looking rt probably made in America and will last longer and cost less then a toyo.

View Quote
Overpriced? Probably. Overrated? No.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 11:58:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ran a set of Cooper STT’s on my old duramax.  They lasted 30k miles.  Never had a set of Toyos go less than 45k, and the Coopers weren’t that much cheaper.

Just put a set of 37-12.50x20 Toyo RT’s on my F250 to replace my Toyo MT’s that had 45k on them and still have life left.  $1500 OTD, and I’ll replace them half as much as any other tire I’ve tried.

My experience is all diesel trucks, towing heavy several times a week.  Generally 10-15k lbs, both gooseneck and bumper pull as well as a fair amount of time off road.  Toyo is worth every penny.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Ran a set of Cooper STT’s on my old duramax.  They lasted 30k miles.  Never had a set of Toyos go less than 45k, and the Coopers weren’t that much cheaper.

Just put a set of 37-12.50x20 Toyo RT’s on my F250 to replace my Toyo MT’s that had 45k on them and still have life left.  $1500 OTD, and I’ll replace them half as much as any other tire I’ve tried.

My experience is all diesel trucks, towing heavy several times a week.  Generally 10-15k lbs, both gooseneck and bumper pull as well as a fair amount of time off road.  Toyo is worth every penny.
View Quote
The real question here is: why did you go from a Duramax to a Ford?!
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 1:33:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We see exactly opposite running 1 ton flatbeds on gravel and the highway the coopers outlast the Toyo every time and they are half the money when you get into the oversized tires.

I have a set of the Cooper mts on a 2500 cummins that are  the metric equivalent of 35 12.50 20’s and they cost $1100 on the truck Toyo were $2400.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 1:38:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes they are. You don’t get double the Milage for double the money.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 2:58:02 PM EDT
[#17]
All depends on the driving terrain.... I'm always on the street, no gravel and rarely dirt. 40k miles out of a Toyo M/T on a 2500HD is awesome in my opinion. Plus I like the look. I will agree the price is crazy though, I just got a good enough deal on a slightly used set that I couldn't pass up.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:37:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Loved my LBZ, but when it came time for a new one, the 2017 Ford was light years ahead of GMC and Dodge in my opinion.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:39:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

We see exactly opposite running 1 ton flatbeds on gravel and the highway the coopers outlast the Toyo every time and they are half the money when you get into the oversized tires.

I have a set of the Cooper mts on a 2500 cummins that are  the metric equivalent of 35 12.50 20’s and they cost $1100 on the truck Toyo were $2400.
View Quote
35-12.50x20 Toyo MT’s are 1400 installed here.  That’s high as shit.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
We run Coopers on the fleet at work (AT3’s) and they are great.

I’ve got a set of STT Maxx’s on my Tundra (295/70-18) with 25k on them and they have a really good amount of life left. Very happy with them so far.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 10:19:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

We run Coopers on the fleet at work (AT3’s) and they are great.

I’ve got a set of STT Maxx’s on my Tundra (295/70-18) with 25k on them and they have a really good amount of life left. Very happy with them so far.
View Quote
I have AT3's on my F-150 right now.  They are the okest tires you really can't complain about but they really don't set themselves apart for doing anything really great.

I need to use 4wd a lot with them, probably won't get them again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top