Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 104
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:34:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#1]
Nvm. Nothing nice to say about any of them.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:34:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:

Russel actually learned about pander-marketing to an internet identity group right here on Arfcom, back when CavArms was the site’s favorite project, but I don’t think he was ever a big fan of Arfcom.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
Since when? Because we don't share a certain belief of have our own opinions?

Russel actually learned about pander-marketing to an internet identity group right here on Arfcom, back when CavArms was the site’s favorite project, but I don’t think he was ever a big fan of Arfcom.

That whole CavArms thing was stupid. IIRC we provided funding for their legal defense fund without being told the full story behind the ATF raiding CavArms. We essentially funded a lie. That’s how I remember it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By GoatBoy:
Trying to stay out of this as much as possible. I do find it sad that one side is lighting torches and grabbing pitchforks and the other is not.

With that said, I will again ask everyone here to not attack them and leave them in peace. We are not here to harm companies who are not our enemy and who believe in the 2A. Anyone who promotes an agenda like this will be warned or removed. They are entitled to their opinions and beliefs. It is the very core of what makes this country great. If you don't agree with them, then don't go to their pages!
View Quote

Which side is lighting torches and grabbing pitchforks?

Not us, we have 1000 lumen flash lights and we ill-advisedly gave the pitchfork to that guy who cries a lot.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:37:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Not us, we have 1000 lumen flash lights and we ill-advisedly gave the pitchfork to that guy who cries a lot.
View All Quotes
Trying to stay out of this as much as possible. I do find it sad that one side is lighting torches and grabbing pitchforks and the other is not.

With that said, I will again ask everyone here to not attack them and leave them in peace. We are not here to harm companies who are not our enemy and who believe in the 2A. Anyone who promotes an agenda like this will be warned or removed. They are entitled to their opinions and beliefs. It is the very core of what makes this country great. If you don't agree with them, then don't go to their pages!

He's talking about Karl's supporters.

They're actively advocating for cancelling the site. They've already brigaded it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

LOL GD loves itself some pander marketing. Always have always will.

BTW you check out the newest roast of BRCC? It's only $28 a bag and it has a picture of an AK-47 on it!

1% of net proceeds go to Ukraine
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:38:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By The_Master_Shake:

Yea, so just read it.

They played GD IMHO, the same way you see the well known voices in the other controversial threads do.

It's formulaic how easy it is;

Selectively decide which comments to respond to, avoid addressing anything of substance or screen shots, try and keep responses to sarcastic one liners often ending with childish counter accusations, bait the conversation into a thread slide of insults resulting in a lock.

From page 32 to 38/thread lock the entire conversation can be characterized as "I know you are but what am I?" in response to being called a commie

The disappointing part is I'd wager a thread lock was what they were going for.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By waterglass:

Keep going.

Yea, so just read it.

They played GD IMHO, the same way you see the well known voices in the other controversial threads do.

Selectively decide which comments to respond to, avoid addressing anything of substance or screen shots, try and keep responses to sarcastic one liners often ending with childish counter accusations, bait the conversation into a thread slide of insults resulting in a lock.

From page 32 to 38/thread lock the entire conversation can be characterized as "I know you are but what am I?" in response to being called a commie

Locking the thread to quell discussion about their beliefs/actions so as not to hurt their sales.

And he then plays victim when he gets banned.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:39:24 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote
I agree, @FightingHellfish

They knew what they were doing, and we all called it when they showed up again on Page 31. However, for now - let's move forward with this thread, and if Goatboy cleans up the old one, we can move back in. Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:39:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Yea, so just read it.

View Quote

Karl actually did use the “I know you are but what am I line.”

However, it may, or maybe not, have been a plan to get the thread locked. It’s almost possible to be the lightning rod in an Arfcom debate because you’ve got twenty posters all trying get a hit in, and it’s impossible to respond. There was no way for Karl to wade into that and have any ending other than an ugly gangbang.

That’s not to defend him, he doesn’t make sound arguments on forums where he controls every aspect of the conversation, just a thought on the inevitable outcome of a call out thread.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:40:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:40:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: J-Pat] [#10]
Another side effect of it getting locked, and not nuked, is if you search Karl Kasarda - we show up more times in the results; because Google indexes everything.

Hopefully that can steer folks to coming to their own conclusions in the future. Small victories.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

*Laughs in O-light Marauder*
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote
Sorry. I was curious as to the aftermath of last night. I have no intention to post on their pages or start anything.

We all did wrong in the previous thread, but let's be the betters by not escalating.

If we allow ourselves to devolve in to shit slinging... well, we'll just be covered in shit as well.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:42:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By J-Pat:
Another side effect of it getting locked, and not nuked, is if you search Karl Kasarda - we show up more times in the results; because Google indexes everything. Small victories.
View Quote

I may be wrong, but I think Google leans the results to what they expect you to look for. Other people would get different results.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:43:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Space-Cadet:

He's talking about Karl's supporters.

They're actively advocating for cancelling the site. They've already brigaded it.
View Quote
It's not even new behavior though. His entire career has consisted of starting drama and then fighting over it when he inevitably gets called out. Thankfully, I honestly don't think he has enough clout to start a real internet war over it. Engagement on his social media posts about this are objectively low.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:43:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808] [#15]
Originally Posted By J-Pat:

Suddenly you realize none of this is about "pro gun" - it is, and has always been, about control and control of the conversation. The fact many of us were unwilling to back down from a bunch of literal communists trying to wrench control of the conversation makes me very, very happy
View Quote

How many times have we seen a company get into poop slinging contest because they couldn’t keep politics out of it?
You’d think companies would learn that it’s a death knell anytime they let their owners start voicing their political opinions on social media.

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:44:06 PM EDT
[#16]

I may be wrong, but I think Google leans the results to what they expect you to look for. Other people would get different results.
View Quote

I'm more interested what "the next Brownells" or a disinterested party sees.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:44:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Master_Shake] [#17]

Karl actually did use the “I know you are but what am I line.”

However, it may, or maybe not, have been a plan to get the thread locked. It’s almost possible to be the lightning rod in an Arfcom debate because you’ve got twenty posters all trying get a hit in, and it’s impossible to respond. There was no way for Karl to wade into that and have any ending other than an ugly gangbang.

That’s not to defend him, he doesn’t make sound arguments on forums where he controls every aspect of the conversation, just a thought on the inevitable outcome of a call out thread.
View Quote

I'm with ya, it was clear there were members lining up to be "the one" who gets to make the best insult. That's how GD works.  

That's the "selective responses" I was referencing and exactly how threads on other controversial topics slide and get locked.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:47:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#18]

Yea, so just read it.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By waterglass:

Keep going.

Yea, so just read it.

It was probably for the best. I wish him well. But if wishes were fishes..

Fuck Morris Dees.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:47:24 PM EDT
[#19]
The 2nd amendment is an individual right shared by all Americans.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PeepEater:

It's ironic because leftists believe in gun ownership as a collective right and not an individual one.
The 2nd amendment is an individual right shared by all Americans.

Of course, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the criticism of Karl.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:48:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By thirsty:

That whole CavArms thing was stupid. IIRC we provided funding for their legal defense fund without being told the full story behind the ATF raiding CavArms. We essentially funded a lie. That’s how I remember it.
View All Quotes
Since when? Because we don't share a certain belief of have our own opinions?

This…
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:55:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AngryNagant] [#21]
He sounds like a useful idiot. One of those allies that would immediately get purged by the very same regime they helped get into power. Basically a tool that is enslaved by his idealism.

I'm not insulting him, just describing his personality and thought processes.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:57:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FightingHellfish] [#22]
Originally Posted By QCMGR:

This…
View Quote

I wasn’t talking about CavAid. Shit, Arfcom embarrassed themselves with the way GD responded to the end of that fiasco.

I was talking about the long-term relationship of CavArms and GD before that. You don’t think those guys were here knee deep in Arfcom, for years, primarily because they were hoping to hype and sell those plastic lowers?

If you can wade into GD with a military themed lower and bro vet marketing, you can wade into the SRA with a “community defense” themed rifle and DEI marketing.

Probably more limiting in the long run, but it will help keep the lights on when you’re small.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:58:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 5:01:25 PM EDT
[#24]

This, in a nutshell is our biggest failing and how society functions these days. It's about the bigger insult or the bigger hate title. Everyone is a racist, a nazi, a communist, or whatever flavor of the day is. Good discussion is hard to come by because someone becomes emotional and the insult competition begins.

Karl showed he was not scared and I applaud him for jumping into the other thread, but then the flood gates opened on responses and insults, it got out of control. He took it all in stride and it pissed some folks off by not reacting emotionally. It was not fair to him to deal with that all those comments at once and it was not productive to any discussion in there. It does us no good to have him come in here only to be abused again. Lightning rods for problems only encourage more problems. This situation needs to calm down several notches and folks need to leave each other in peace. Maybe then we can have constructive conversations.
View Quote

You say that now, but there’s probably an SPLC lawyer in a ghillie suit in the bushes across from your house right now.

Arfcom has always been at war with KE Asia and the site resources ration is being increased to four posts a day.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 5:06:25 PM EDT
[#25]

This, in a nutshell is our biggest failing and how society functions these days. It's about the bigger insult or the bigger hate title. Everyone is a racist, a nazi, a communist, or whatever flavor of the day is. Good discussion is hard to come by because someone becomes emotional and the insult competition begins.

Karl showed he was not scared and I applaud him for jumping into the other thread, but then the flood gates opened on responses and insults, it got out of control. He took it all in stride and it pissed some folks off by not reacting emotionally. It was not fair to him to deal with that all those comments at once and it was not productive to any discussion in there. It does us no good to have him come in here only to be abused again. Lightning rods for problems only encourage more problems. This situation needs to calm down several notches and folks need to leave each other in peace. Maybe then we can have constructive conversations.
View Quote

He got EXACTLY what he wanted and we all know it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 5:07:44 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes
I'm with ya, it was clear there were members lining up to be "the one" who gets to make the best insult. That's how GD works.

Unfortunately Karl is not remotely interested in constructive conversation.  While the monkey pile on him doesn’t really lend itself to a good discussion, he showed zero signs of honest interaction, refused to answer simple fair questions and was insulting throughout.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 5:09:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Is this the guy who, according to the old thread, said questionable things regarding pedophilia?

And I just read something wasn’t fair to him. Ok.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 5:11:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 5:14:27 PM EDT
[#30]

I do not argue that, but it wasn't him that caused the lock.
View Quote

On that we disagree. He's not as smart as he thinks he is, but certainly smart enough to play gd like a fiddle... 😅
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 5:29:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By RebarTX:

On that we disagree. He's not as smart as he thinks he is, but certainly smart enough to play gd like a fiddle... 😅
View Quote

Satanists are subversive. It's one of their inherent abilities.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 5:36:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By AXE0FWAR:
Is this the guy who, according to the old thread, said questionable things regarding pedophilia?

And I just read something wasn’t fair to him. Ok.
View Quote

Did you read the other thread?
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 5:38:16 PM EDT
[#33]

That whole CavArms thing was stupid. IIRC we provided funding for their legal defense fund without being told the full story behind the ATF raiding CavArms. We essentially funded a lie. That's how I remember it.
View Quote
Huh? I followed that pretty closely and provided many forms of support. What was the "lie"?
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#34]

I think I'm going to go and try to enjoy some of my Saturday or at least work on site stuff. I will check back in later.
View All Quotes
He got EXACTLY what he wanted and we all know it.

I think I'm going to go and try to enjoy some of my Saturday or at least work on site stuff. I will check back in later.

Him recruiting his leg humpers from Twitter probably didn't hurt
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Yea he did a rinse and repeat of what you see happen in pretty much every other Ukraine thread on this forum.

He played the same old game we've seen within the guidelines of the CoC.

The end result is the same ~40 page thread locked and discarded.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 5:46:06 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

You posted this AFTER screenshots of these people talking about getting the SPLC after you and doing what they do.

I'm not sure what you think the word "enemy" means but we probably are going to just have a gentleman's disagreement about what it means.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 5:51:27 PM EDT
[#37]
https://www.reddit.com/r/InRangeTV/comments/10tnrml/ar15com/

link left cold
The Satanic, Commie, Child-groomer is big mad
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 5:52:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:

You posted this AFTER screenshots of these people talking about getting the SPLC after you and doing what they do.

I'm not sure what you think the word "enemy" means but we probably are going to just have a gentleman's disagreement about what it means.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 5:53:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Master_Shake] [#39]
Originally Posted By ngc1300:
https://www.reddit.com/r/InRangeTV/comments/10tnrml/ar15com/

link left cold
The Satanic, Commie, Child-groomer is big mad
View Quote

Lol and where better to cope and seethe than Reddit.

Reddit is cancer

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By FAIL-SAFE:

Did you read the other thread?
View Quote

30 plus pages of fighting and arguing? No. Not my speed.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#41]
I just can't see Karl as the "good guy".

This is what he said in an interview with "A better way 2A"

"Karl: "With the firearms community, I don't see an alternative left, but as we grass roots grow groups everywhere working together, again with shared values, maybe not always shared beliefs, shared values will be where we can make a new space that is separate and distinct and different from the old and if we succeeded doing that well, the old one might become sort of defunct and we will become the new gun community."

From "A better way 2A" youtube channel, this "helping camaraderie of non traditional gun rights advocates" they work with
Attachment Attached File

Notice inrange in there with the couple of JBGC's, SRA and Yellow Peril Tactical.  

And again, he is the one posting calling for the deaths of people who oppose "queer freedom".
Attachment Attached File

To have him and Russell lump everyone who uses this site as bigots, racists and threats to "marginalized" people was a low shot.  No, if you have any personal convictions out of step with the latest leftist script, you rate death.  

To say that the Second Amendments is for everyone, without question, when I personally don't see it being used appropriately like this:

Or like this:

No, Karl and Russell seem to be fine with masked armed men engaging in intimidation and I can't agree with that.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 5:55:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Man. Where do you find Stargate uniforms in XXXL short?

Not criticizing. Interstellar portals are for everyone.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#43]

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/brownelled_agin-659.gif
View Quote

The whole website might get SPLC'ed. Its kinda like getting "brownell'ed", but instead of losing the ability to post on arfcom, you lose the ability to have ad hosting, a payment processor, a website (at all), a youtube channel, or a relevant social media account anywhere except twitter (for now).
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 6:00:17 PM EDT
[#44]

These are his people Goatboy, and this is his SafeSpace

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Cool. Then we can discard any posts you make in this one as uninformed.

Clue: The guy said he'd never send his kids to a drag show or a Rated R movie
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 6:02:02 PM EDT
[#46]

Lol and where better to cope and seethe than Reddit.

Reddit is cancer

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/132893/1669400725296449_jpg-2698136.JPG
View Quote

Hey, that image looks familiar.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#47]
He refused to say grooming is bad. All I need to know.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 6:04:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By TaskForce:
He refused to say grooming is bad. All I need to know.
View Quote

Trying to equate sexual grooming with parental grooming of a child was pretty damned pathetic on his part.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 6:05:38 PM EDT
[#49]

Trying to equate sexual grooming with parental grooming of a child was pretty damned pathetic on his part.
View Quote

Thank you. Holy shit I had to hold myself back a lot yesterday.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 6:08:46 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

He also said he was completely fine with parents having strange gay men sexually groom their children.
Page / 104
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top