Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/18/2021 2:16:48 PM EDT
So I didnt hear any sort of condemnation rhetoric when people protested then-Governor Bevin, or when Antifa/BLM were burning down cities. But here we have the gov calling armed visitors to the state Capital "domestic terrorists". Kentuckians have enjoyed the right to visit the capital armed for over 100 years. There have been many rallies/protests on the grounds where folks were armed. It has never been an issue to go inside armed and meet with any representative.

I recall reading the governor stating something similar when asked about pending protests post 1/6/21 where he said he didnt want to give out the game plan. Seems to me he meant it to apply to all conservative protesters.

"I don't want to give these domestic terrorists our gameplan," he said. "We'll be ready."

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:18:53 PM EDT
[#1]
why do you post Ky  news in here and never in the KY hometown forum
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:20:23 PM EDT
[#2]
the only reason that guy is a .gov is because the incumbent R was an even bigger dirt bag.  Next election this guy is more than likely gone.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:20:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Seems like a stupid thing to be upset about given the article in the OP.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:21:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I do post in the HTF. This thread is pending there, havent finished tailoring to it

I noticed a lot of members in the GD space are from KY but not active in HTF. Also it is important for members to be updated on what's going on in KY's handling of this situation. It is different from the other thread on the girl arrested.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:23:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Lots of domestic terrorists in those Kentucky hills then.

EDIT: I can almost see Kentucky from my back deck.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:23:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
He posts in both.  This story is bigger than Kentucky, it is another example of a Democrat calling gun owners domestic terrorists.  That is tone they have been taking nation wide.  Everyone that went to the Trump rally on Jan 6th, even if they didn't go in the Capitol building is considered a terrorist by the left.  The left wants to silence anyone that supports Trump because they are either a terrorist or a racist.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:24:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He posts in both.  This story is bigger than Kentucky, it is another example of a Democrat calling gun owners domestic terrorists.  That is tone they have been taking nation wide.  Everyone that went to the Trump rally on Jan 6th, even if they didn't go in the Capitol building is considered a terrorist by the left.  The left wants to silence anyone that supports Trump because they are either a terrorist or a racist.
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I can’t wait until that piece of shit is gone.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

i stand corrected
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:26:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Andy is a giant pussy.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:26:27 PM EDT
[#11]
"Domestic Terrorist" is going to be the new "racist" of 2021
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:27:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Seems like a stupid thing to be upset about given the article in the OP.
View Quote

you think I was upset because I asked him a question?   don't be so sensitive

seems  like a stupid conclusion to jump to.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:30:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not everyone goes to the hometown forums. It is good that people posts stuff from around the USA, that mainstream media is pretty useless in that regard.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I can't wait until that piece of shit is gone.
View Quote
When is his term up and is he eligible for reelection?

I'm intent upon moving home to KY and am really curious.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
When is his term up and is he eligible for reelection?

I'm intent upon moving home to KY and am really curious.
View Quote

Yes he is eligible for re-election. This is his first term, he beat Bevin for re-election
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Race-terrorist" will be the boogeyman of the decade. Or the century. Or the millinium.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:44:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Umm, cause we all don't hangout in the KY hometown forum.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:44:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Andy is a giant pussy.
View Quote

A repugnantly smelly, leaking, syphilitic one at that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:49:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yes he is eligible for re-election. This is his first term, he beat Bevin for re-election
View Quote
Isn't the overwhelming make-up of the state legislature GOP?

It appears there's already a petition to remove him from office.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Move to a free state?

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:55:06 PM EDT
[#21]
So now we're striking terror in them?  I'm kinda OK with that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:56:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I for one at least consider it national news.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:00:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The legislators aren't going to remove him.  They have no desire to go through that mess, which just results in another Democrat filling the spot.  The Republicans have a strong super majority in the House and Senate and could pass whatever they wanted but won't.  They did pass a bill restricting the Governor's abilities.  It was a watered down version of what people wanted.  However, it has been explained they fully expect the Governor to appeal it all the way to our Democrat controlled Supreme Court, so they did not want to make it broad and allow the court to reject the entire bill based on one little thing.  There are additional bills in the works that will add on more restrictions.  

Kentucky needs a recall option but again the Republicans won't be in favor of that either as it could be used against them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:04:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The legislators aren't going to remove him.  They have no desire to go through that mess, which just results in another Democrat filling the spot.  The Republicans have a strong super majority in the House and Senate and could pass whatever they wanted but won't.  They did pass a bill restricting the Governor's abilities.  It was a watered down version of what people wanted.  However, it has been explained they fully expect the Governor to appeal it all the way to our Democrat controlled Supreme Court, so they did not want to make it broad and allow the court to reject the entire bill based on one little thing.  There are additional bills in the works that will add on more restrictions.  

Kentucky needs a recall option but again the Republicans won't be in favor of that either as it could be used against them.
View Quote
Well...when I get moved back up there...it appears I'll have a 'hobby'.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Getting Constitutional Amendments on the ballot would a good hobby.  I'm not sure what the formal requirements and timelines are.  From what I heard if you pay companies to collect the signatures it runs about $5 million.  Get a good issue and volunteers then it might be possible to do through grass roots measures.

Otherwise it would take gaining influence over the Republican leadership to get anything moved.  

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Apparently, there are around 75million domestic terrorists in the country, and that doesn't count the ones that were cancelled.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:17:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Foreign Policy will be invoked as Domestic Policy.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:17:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Believe it or not, 99% (well, seems that way to me) of the pro-gun bills passed and enforced here are pushed by one old man with a passion for gun rights.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:20:52 PM EDT
[#29]
If they are going to insist that anyone who disagrees with them is a racist or a domestic terrorist, then they've already guarenteed The Boog.

Disagreements aren't dangerous, they are a necesity for our Constitutional Republic.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
the only reason that guy is a .gov is because the incumbent R was an even bigger dirt bag.  Next election this guy is more than likely gone.
View Quote

lol nope.  The piece of shit Karens in Lexington and Louisville and Frankfort love him.  looooooooove him.  He was born to be governor and he will remain as such for a long time to come.  Why a red state always elects a blue asshole, I mean, governor, I do not know.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:25:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Possibly from a desire to “maintain a balance” but using a very small scale?

Balkanization is the only way to save this Country from the downward spiral the left is dragging everyone down.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Andy is a giant pussy.
View Quote

Hell yes he is.  He is a serious piece of shit.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Confirmation that many of our government officials are even more idiotic than we had previously imagined --- and we had them pegged pretty high on the idiocy scales.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:42:38 PM EDT
[#34]

LeftRight
Mostly peaceful protestInsurrection
Resist literally HitlerDomestic Terrorists
Protestors singing and chanting (and raping and committing arson, but that's beside the point)Insurgents
Oppressed peoplesWhite nationalists
PacifistsNazis
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:45:55 PM EDT
[#35]
What’s Tennessee like?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What’s Tennessee like?
View Quote

Just kidding but move to Shelby county or Nashville to help balance things out. Just saying
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:58:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

https://media.tenor.com/images/004c711b58810bdc191473aa672b1bc7/tenor.gif
Just kidding but move to Shelby county or Nashville to help balance things out. Just saying
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What’s Tennessee like?

Not so sure about Nashville. The Wife and I were thinking Chattanooga if we decided to go through with it. Heck, we just bought property in SC last year but have had discussions. Balkanization is on the table for us. *Even the SiL and BiL were thinking about making that move.

ETA: *More like are ready to do it if we do.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#38]
The current D governor (Beshear) barely beat the incumbent R governor in the last election.  Beshear had been atty gen and had sued the governor over every decision he made and challenged every conservative bill passed by the legislature that he could.  His father was also the governor previously.  

The incumbent R (Bevin) was from the NE and sort of fit the stereotype.  He would ask for a bill to be passed and then veto it (did that more than a few times).  He ticked off the teachers by trying to fix their pension problem which had been exacerbated and ignored by every D governor that came before him.  He actually made progress on the pension issue.  As conservative as Bevin was, and he was conservative, he did appoint some horrible liberals to prominant positions.  Also, he made enemies by not working well with others regarding the replacement of a major bridge over the Ohio river (one of the most important bridges on all of I75).

Don't necessarily judge Kentucky on the election of Beshear, because in just about any other situation, he wouldn't have come close to being elected.  It was the perfect storm of having name recognition combined with the unpopularity of the R governor he opposed.

Also, there was talk about the Ky governor election and Dominion voting machines, but I'm not sure if there is any truth to that at all.  You didn't hear anything about that until the 2020 presidential election, so who knows.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:10:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The current D governor (Beshear) barely beat the incumbent R governor in the last election.  Beshear had been atty gen and had sued the governor over every decision he made and challenged every conservative bill passed by the legislature that he could.  His father was also the governor previously.  

The incumbent R (Bevin) was from the NE and sort of fit the stereotype.  He would ask for a bill to be passed and then veto it (did that more than a few times).  He ticked off the teachers by trying to fix their pension problem which had been exacerbated and ignored by every D governor that came before him.  He actually made progress on the pension issue.  As conservative as Bevin was, and he was conservative, he did appoint some horrible liberals to prominant positions.  Also, he made enemies by not working well with others regarding the replacement of a major bridge over the Ohio river (one of the most important bridges on all of I75).

Don't necessarily judge Kentucky on the election of Beshear, because in just about any other situation, he wouldn't have come close to being elected.  It was the perfect storm of having name recognition combined with the unpopularity of the R governor he opposed.

Also, there was talk about the Ky governor election and Dominion voting machines, but I'm not sure if there is any truth to that at all.  You didn't hear anything about that until the 2020 presidential election, so who knows.
View Quote

Time to stop maintaining “balance” on the small scale. Need to take territory and keep it, use a bigger scale.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What’s Tennessee like?
View Quote

Tennessee isn't that different from Kentucky, with mostly red with pockets of blue around the bigger cities.  Both have had areas that were reliable blue start going more red recently.  It is just hard to overcome the big city numbers at times.  Tactics like ballot harvesting are easier with higher population density, so that is an uphill battle.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's also a lead in to justify the absolute trashing of the 2A the Federalistas will attempt soon.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Remember when Kentucky used to be part of the South?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:50:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Not so sure about Nashville. The Wife and I were thinking Chattanooga if we decided to go through with it. Heck, we just bought property in SC last year but have had discussions. Balkanization is on the table for us. *Even the SiL and BiL were thinking about making that move.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's Tennessee like?

Chattanooga is a shithole.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:52:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably not...gop as a whole has a thing for running terrible candidates because they either have money or know someone.....the establishment and swamp is real
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

lol nope.  The piece of shit Karens in Lexington and Louisville and Frankfort love him.  looooooooove him.  He was born to be governor and he will remain as such for a long time to come.  Why a red state always elects a blue asshole, I mean, governor, I do not know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kentucky state politics are fucking weird, always have been. People will pull the lever for a Democrat governor and wouldn't consider voting for a Democrat President. I'm from there and never figured it out.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#46]
But he's soooooo handsome and teachers love him.

Fuck Andy and fuck the faggots that voted for him.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:59:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Kentucky state politics are fucking weird, always have been. People will pull the lever for a Democrat governor and wouldn't consider voting for a Democrat President. I'm from there and never figured it out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the blue dogs. They'll vote dem locally because they're retarded and think the KY dems are like them, but on a national scale look at them as further left Yankees.

That's how I've experienced it in Madison, Clark and Estill counties.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:21:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Kentucky has been the first state called red in the last three presidential elections.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:25:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So now we're striking terror in them?  I'm kinda OK with that.
View Quote

That's one way to look at it
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:28:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Probably not...gop as a whole has a thing for running terrible candidates because they either have money or know someone.....the establishment and swamp is real
View Quote

I swear Mitch pays for 20 fuckheads to run against him at the same time during the primaries to split the vote
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top