Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2023 10:50:13 AM EDT
Besides Liquor Barn, what other liquor stores are good places to get bourbon.
Also, do the Costco's in KY sell liquor?
Headed down soon and want some options.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:08:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be keeping an eye on this.  I am going to the Derby this year and plan on coming home with some good stuff.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll be keeping an eye on this.  I am going to the Derby this year and plan on coming home with some good stuff.
View Quote

Hopefully, you have good weather. We were there 5yrs ago. It poured, so we spent a lot of the time drinking below the grandstands.
It was still a good time.
Hopefully, you are getting Derby outfits? Unless, you are in the infield. We were in the grandstand, just before the start finish line.
I will be down this coming weekend to pick up my 2 bottles from the Makers Ambassador program.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I hope we have good weather.  We are on the rail in the first corner.  We aren't covered, so if it pours we will be wearing ponchos I guess.  I haven't even thought about what I'll be wearing. We are going to the Taste of Derby  dinner party thing also.

Enjoy those bottles!
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 9:20:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I know that Justin’s House of Bourbon in Louisville was just raised by the ATF not long ago. Are they still still operating or are they closed?

Prices were high on the Buffalo Trace stuff, $100 for Weller SR and Eagle Rare.

Other bottles were reasonable.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 9:29:05 PM EDT
[#5]
They have secondary pricing. I'm not paying that.
I'll be hitting BT a couple of mornings to snag a couple of Blantons and EHT.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 10:07:55 PM EDT
[#6]
KY Costco stores sell liquor, but cannot help you much more that that.  Our local Costco has a lot of high-end Tequilla and Bourbon on a regular basis.  However, the cheaper Costco Bourbon is impossible to get.

Recommend trying the Trader Joes Bourbon if you are in the area, for 12.99 its the shit.

Post 3000 too
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#7]
No idea if this is helpful or not, it autoplayed last night after I watched a video regarding an Angel's Envy release.

Bourbon Hunting in Bardstown, Kentucky!
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 10:53:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Besides Liquor Barn, what other liquor stores are good places to get bourbon.
Also, do the Costco's in KY sell liquor?
Headed down soon and want some options.
View Quote

Last time I was at Fort Knox they had good prices on bourbon trail stuff on base. Not sure if that’s still the case or if you have base access.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:49:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Almost all of the smaller stores are at secondary pricing. Recommend going to total wine, krogers, and liquor barn in particular for their store picks.

Places I have been to in the multiple times I have gone are pretty much on this list. The small liquor barn on whiskey row in Louisville is sketchy at night so just be careful.

https://m.yelp.com/search?find_desc=liquor+stores&find_loc=Louisville%2C+KY
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 7:06:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No idea if this is helpful or not, it autoplayed last night after I watched a video regarding an Angel's Envy release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52uQCDhqKE4
View Quote

Yeah, watched it last night too. Popped up on my feed after checking this thread.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 10:55:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 12:01:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Any locations around Frankfort and Lexington worth checking out?
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I stopped at the Lexington Costco. Compared to PA prices, the FR SMB was $9 cheaper and the FR SB was $10 cheaper.
Picked up a case of SB and a couple of SMB. Plus some handles of Bulleit rye for Old Fashioned's.
If your into Angel's Envy rye it is $77 here compared to $90+ at the distillery.
Handles of regular Woodford were priced well also. Knob creek handles too.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 10:23:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Anywhere around Bardstown worth checking out?
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 12:18:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#16]
The Four Rose's locations have been having barrel strength single bbl's lately.
They vary from each location.
Got an OBSQ at Cox's Creek, and an OBSF from Lawrenceburg facility.
At the distillery they have the 2021 LE SmB at the bar for $25/pour.
Blantons was today's drop at BT. Hoping for EHT tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 6:40:59 PM EDT
[#17]
If you do the Heaven Hill whiskey connoisseur tour, you get to taste,  and the option to purchase, a bottle of William Heavenhill Small batch 15yr.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 6:10:07 AM EDT
[#18]

Recent KY Bourbon trail haul.
Should be stocked up for a little while.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#19]
I ended up with another 2 dozen bottles, most of which I can’t get in Alabama or it’s ridiculously difficult to.

Toddy’s was a good store in Bardstown.

Ocean Breeze and Epic Liquors in the Frankfort area are good places to stop.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:23:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top