Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:35:38 AM EDT
[#1]
He wouldn’t accept your vax passport ?  Had to be a test result ?
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Asking to prove that you're vaccinated might start a fight. Asking to do a quick test to make sure you're not infected seems mildly annoying at best.

I'd roll my eyes, and get a quick test to keep his family drama to a minimum.
View Quote
Yeah well, they aren't cheap. They aren't expensive, but at least $20, at least that's what I had to pay for mine.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Send him a negative pregnancy test and say you're good.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:36:53 AM EDT
[#5]
My response: "Then your pussy father in law should stay home and leave the rest of us to our dinner."

These fucksticks who want to inconvenience everyone else due to their irrational fears need to stay the fuck home if they're so terrified.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:38:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Don't worry fam, I just checked to see if I still had photos from my test, and I do.

Send this bad boy his way, and ask him what time you should come over!

View Quote

Just the tip?...
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:38:30 AM EDT
[#7]
doing a $10 10 minute self test because his old FIL is high risk for complications from a spreading highly lethal disease  of old not healthy people is such an imposition of your freedom i would just tell him to fuck off and break all ties with that asshole
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:39:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Seriously, OP, don't listen to these goons. There's only one answer here.

Quoted:
Piss on his FIL while blading at 45°, and yell, "YOU WILL NOT TOUCH MY ANTIBODIES!!"
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:39:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Seriously, OP, don't listen to these goons. There's only one answer here.

View Quote

Lol is that a site meme or something
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:39:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'd respond with, 'It's really sad you're willing to destroy a long time friendship over this commie bullshit. But whatever, enjoy Thanksgiving with your family. Don't contact me again.'
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Since people that are vaccinated can catch and transmit Covid, shouldn't everyone need a test?
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:41:25 AM EDT
[#13]
At dinner the dad will then tell you he’s vegan and a cross fitter
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:41:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Low drama event to me.

Hey thanks for the invite, gonna pass this year.  Happy Thanksgiving.

Its possible he sprung it on you at the last moment because his FIL sprung it on him at the last moment.  Either way, just not a big deal.

And I would most likely decline.  Not interested in inserting myself into that dynamic.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:41:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Send him a negative pregnancy test and say you're good.

Kharn
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:41:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My response: "Then your pussy father in law should stay home and leave the rest of us to our dinner."

These fucksticks who want to inconvenience everyone else due to their irrational fears need to stay the fuck home if they're so terrified.
View Quote

This guy gets it!

I'm scared of driving so I demand that everyone in my family drives 10mph under the speed limit.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:42:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
doing a $10 10 minute self test because his old FIL is high risk for complications from a spreading highly lethal disease  of old not healthy people is such an imposition of your freedom i would just tell him to fuck off and break all ties with that asshole
View Quote

Why should I have to prove anything medical to this random stranger when he has the option of staying home and avoiding danger altogether?

Has he wanted people to prove they don't have the flu or a cold at every Thanksgiving in the past?
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:42:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Just the tip?...
View Quote
The home test kits really aren't bad. The one at CVS is BBC thick, which honestly still wasn't that bad, but made me tear up a bit (and I had to get an official test afterward to get comped for missed work, before anybody hits me with the "WhY eVeN GeT tEsTeD!? cAnT lEt ThE lIbErAlS WiN!" bullshit). You don't have to ramrod the shit into your brain, you just insert and rotate, like you're training for the rainbow Olympics.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:42:24 AM EDT
[#19]
My dumbshit BIL and SIL wanted us to test our 3 kids so their fucking precious little girl won't get sick. My wife obliged.

These assholes all showed up sick with a cold or something. My SIL was losing her voice when she walked in the door. Fucking assholes.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:44:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Pulling stuff like this on short notice shows a serious lack of respect.  I would pass on that alone.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:44:55 AM EDT
[#21]
If it's just a test, sure, why not.

Take the vax? No.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:45:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Don't worry fam, I just checked to see if I still had photos from my test, and I do.

Send this bad boy his way, and ask him what time you should come over!

https://i.imgur.com/EpYVRwj.jpg
View Quote

You the real MVP.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:47:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I would simply not respond at all, and go do something else.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:48:15 AM EDT
[#24]
$100 says you’re the only one being ask to test because they’ve all been discussing that you’re not vaxxed. Meanwhile anyone of the dumbasses could be positive and passing it around.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:48:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Really, if one person is the source of all the problems, that one person needs to stay home and let everyone else enjoy the day.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:48:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
"Thanks for the invitation but I have something fun planned."
View Quote

.. that doesn't involve jamming something up my nose for no good reason"
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:48:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If it's just a test, sure, why not.
View Quote
Again, $20. I'd personally rather just give them the Jackson to help pay for the meal, rather than blow it on a test that's 99% likely going to come up negative.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:49:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
"I appreciate the invite, but am going to pass. Enjoy the day with your family."

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#29]
That shit is not fun. Asshole nurse Dude made fun of me for wincing. I don't know how effective the 1" inside the nostril tests from Walgreens are but I don't really care. Just need a stupid negative result to be able to set foot in the office. Ghey.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:49:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
My dumbshit BIL and SIL wanted us to test our 3 kids so their fucking precious little girl won't get sick. My wife obliged.

These assholes all showed up sick with a cold or something. My SIL was losing her voice when she walked in the door. Fucking assholes.
View Quote

Oh my god!!!

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:50:15 AM EDT
[#31]
How many times have you invited him over to your place since he did it hundreds of times?
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Really, if one person is the source of all the problems, that one person needs to stay home and let everyone else enjoy the day.
View Quote

In the end............THIS!!!

Fuck that selfish asshole.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#33]
I took 3 different home tests from 2 different manufacturers and all were negative.
I had covid and my PCR was positive.
So fuck all that.

I would decline and let him know exactly why in a calm and polite way.
There are greater losses than than turkey foods with mentally ill people.

Or tell him you are deathly allergic to FIL favorite thanksgiving food and could he please not serve it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:51:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Are they all going to take the test?  Just because they've had the shot doesn't mean one or more of them doesn't have covid.  Having the shot means nothing.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:51:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Seems pretty easy honestly.

If you want to enjoy the time with those specific people, go and take the test. Shut up and eat your taters and stuffing.

If you don't want to enjoy the time with those specific people, and this request is not something you're willing to accommodate, send a polite note tanking them for the invite but you're doing something different.

Not everything is a massive turning point in civil rights history.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:52:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Thanks for the invite but I'm just going to have to decline now, have a great dinner! The order yourself a pizza the way you like it.
View Quote
Bingo
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:54:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Asking to prove that you're vaccinated might start a fight. Asking to do a quick test to make sure you're not infected seems mildly annoying at best.

I'd roll my eyes, and get a quick test to keep his family drama to a minimum.
View Quote
This is where I am also. A simple nasal swab isn't that big of a deal.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:54:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Maybe he asked for it knowing/hoping you wouldn't abide. More turkey for everyone else.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:54:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So many arfcommers are just forever alone dudes. Maybe this is the new way to keep annoying charity invites away?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks for the invite but I'm just going to have to decline now, have a great dinner! The order yourself a pizza the way you like it.

So many arfcommers are just forever alone dudes. Maybe this is the new way to keep annoying charity invites away?

Eh, even my grumpy old ass got invited over to my ex MIL's house for Thanksgiving. They are stupidly lib but even they aren't THAT dumb.

And remember, even the vacced can still carry and transmit the virus.

I just wish the sick and/or scared would accept responsibility for their safety and self quarantine if they are so afraid of the world today. [that they caused]
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:55:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
"I appreciate the invite, but am going to pass. Enjoy the day with your family."

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:57:48 AM EDT
[#41]
LOL, no. I wouldn't even do it if it was my family.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:57:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Good answer. I’m not trying to start drama with my good friends over this and ruin thanksgiving.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Up to you, I guess. If it's going to be a pain in the ass or otherwise cause him to endure family drama, I'd just politely decline the invitation. I'm sure your friend would understand.

Good answer. I’m not trying to start drama with my good friends over this and ruin thanksgiving.

Your "good friend" already started the drama and if I were you he wouldn't be my friend anymore.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:58:28 AM EDT
[#43]
For those of you that don’t believe me

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:59:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Don’t cave in to people’s insanity.
View Quote
THIS.
We can't keep on letting the loonies run the asylum.
STOP THE MADNESS
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:00:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Lol, no fucking way would I go.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:00:41 AM EDT
[#46]
All these covid things family/friends ask/demand prior to a get together, the decision to do or not to do is entirely your choice.  Don't let GD tell you what to do, if you want to go and don't mind taking a test, then go.  If not, then don't, it's that easy.  There is no obligation for you to make excuses to your friend or feel you may ruin their holiday.  They had no compunction when it came to making the request to you.

I have the Pfizer vaxx, both shots, and intend to get the booster next month.  I couldn't give one fuck what GD or any other person has to say or thinks about it, I am doing it as my choice.  I do, however, draw the line at taking a test prior to going to a get together, restaurant, airline or anywhere else I can choose to not go.  But that is me and not anyone else.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:02:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Why should I have to prove anything medical to this random stranger when he has the option of staying home and avoiding danger altogether?

Has he wanted people to prove they don't have the flu or a cold at every Thanksgiving in the past?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah, I was being sarcastic to prove a point, he can simply just not go.

there doesn't need to be any drama. Just politely decline.

I just did 2 tests before showing up to my elderly parents house, 90 and 84 years old. Mom vaxed, dad not. 2 day drive. One test before I left the house, another test a mile from their house. For their age group they have about a 20% chance of death from covid.

I care about them and was not asked to do it, not even mentioned,

I did it on my own because I have allergies and I wanted to make sure as much as I could

but if OP doesn't want to he can just politely decline. there doesn't need to be any drama, even posting about it is all about the drama

why make a big deal out of it, just politely decline. Why do so many people create drama?
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:03:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is the first time in medical history where the masses have quarantined the healthy. The compromised guy should wear an SCBA if he wants to attend.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:03:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Tell him you're terrified of all the vaccinated people that could have Covid with no symptoms and demand that everyone else at the house be tested too.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:04:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Good friend of mine… asked if I would take a Covid test
View Quote

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top